What replacement attraction do you like?

FatBoy976

Original Poster
I know everyone here likes to complain about attractions that have been removed and/or replaced i.e Horizions, Mr. Toad. So what new attractions do you like? Personally, I always hated If you had wings and I thought Dreamflight looked cheap. I think BLSRS is much better.

DarkMeasures

Buzz is good, Mission Space is good, Alien Encounter was good. There are many fun ones but there are some that are horrible. (stares at Imagination). But then again I never like the original ride at Imagination.... (stares at Image Works)

dxwwf3

Good topic! I usually favor older attractions, but there are always exceptions. These would be the attractions that I like BETTER than the ones before it. Sure I like M:S, Test Track, and Pooh, but I like the previous attractions better. So again these are the improvements for me:

1. I like Philharmagic much more than I expected.
2. I think Wishes is the best fireworks show at WDW currently.
3. I'll take Soarin over Food Rocks any day (And I've never been on Soarin)
4. Motor Stunt Show should be better than Residential Street (Even though it will be missed)
5. I like what they are doing over at The Living Seas. Even that small Nemo exhibit.

dxwwf3

If want to count extinct attractions that were replacements themselves, the list (in order would be):

1. Alien Encounter. DUH!
2. The Timekeeper (Not extinct, but on life support). One of the best shows on property.
3. The Legend of the Lion King. To me, it was much better than Voyage of the Little Mermaid.
4. Hunchback of Notre Dame. Much better than Beauty and the Beast as well.
5. Food Rocks. Nice show, but no problems in losing it.

dxwwf3

FatBoy976 said:
And I thought nobody liked Food Rocks. Veggie Fruit Fruit.

Oh alot of people liked Food Rocks. I liked Kitchen Kabaret better, but on it's own terms Food Rocks was a good show. It didn't have the fanbase of a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea, or Alien Enocunter, but most WDW fans liked it.

But I welcome Soarin with open arms (I just didn't want to lose the Sunshine Season Food Fair, but oh well maybe they will reopen the Odyssey to compensate).

General Grizz

Replacement attractions, huh?

I like Winnie the Pooh, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Wishes, Dreamflight, Alien Encounter, Illuimations: RoE, SpectroMagic (but not better than MSEP :D), Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin (but Dreamflight is preferred :D ), Timekeeper, Circle of Life, Living with the Land, Ellen's Energy Adventure, off the top of my head.

Oh. I forgot Journey into Your Imagination.

Just kidding.

Djali999

hey.

I think Ellen's Energy Adventure is far superior to the old Universe of Energy. Philharmagic is fantastic, although I can't convert my friend Brandon who played Banzai for years in Legend of The Lion King...

I think Splash Mountain is better than the old Fronteirland station. I think the new Fronteirland Station is better than the old Fronteirland Station, too. :D

Soarin' will be quite welcome in the place of Food Rocks, which I never liked nearly as much as Kitchen Kabaret. Although the Food Fair was my favorite eatery at WDW. :( Thas alright... at least the Garden Grill ain't goin' nowhere.

Uuuuummmmm... oh yes! I think the Tomorrowland Transit Authority is a better ride than the WEDWay People Mover was, although I'd love to see them go in and give it a major refurbishment to add new scenes and animate some of the static ones a bit. I hope they secretly add something when Stitch goes in. ;)

I could come up with a handful of great new things they could easily install.

General Grizz

Djali999 said:
I think Splash Mountain is better than the old Fronteirland station. I think the new Fronteirland Station is better than the old Fronteirland Station, too. :D

Oh, I don't know about this. I'm really kinda split on this one. :lookaroun

BigNorm

I love Buzz Lightyear and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I think both are lots of fun. I know I'm in the minority on this one, but I like the Tiki Room Under New Management show as well. It's not the original, but it's got it's own flavour and I enjoy it personally. Test Track is a great attraction, well worth the umpteen year wait that it took for it to finally open :p. I'm glad they brought Figment back, it's good to see him again and Ellen, who I think is wonderful, is great in UoE. I'm looking forward to the new stunt show over at the Studios and I can't wait for Stitch to escape this fall.

Brooke

Mickey's Philarmagic, Test Track, Buzz, Mission:Space, Winnie The Pooh, and I know I'll like Soarin because I've been on the one at DCA.

flyersmv

i like the harry potter thats going in to replace 20KL... :hammer: :hammer: ......ahah JK JK just thought that was pretty funny..............

mrtoad

FatBoy976 said:
I know everyone here likes to complain about attractions that have been removed and/or replaced i.e Horizions, Mr. Toad. So what new attractions do you like? Personally, I always hated If you had wings and I thought Dreamflight looked cheap. I think BLSRS is much better.

If you had wings was one of my all time favorites. That is not to say I don't like Buzz. Though I miss many of the old attractions that were replaced, that is not to say I don't like the replacements. Buzz, Test Track and Mission Space are all attractions I like to name a few.

WDWScottieBoy

flyersmv said:
i like the harry potter thats going in to replace 20KL... :hammer: :hammer: ......ahah JK JK just thought that was pretty funny..............

I knew someone was going to say it. I swear this is never going to end. On the other hand, back to this thread. I love the new rides but I also miss the old. I love the original parks but updates are inevitable. There is no way Disney will go around them, at least most of the time they won't. I do hope that some rides NEVER leave. SSE, HM, PotC, etc should all stay. I get so upset when I see people saying how SSE is going to be a rollercoaster. And some pavillions are going to be just sitting there empty taking up space that once housed some of the greatest shows and rides ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom