What quick service places should I avoid?

Tom P.

Kind of, supposedly its under refurbishment but the rumors continue claiming it will be moved in the future Toy Story Land.
It's actually been officially confirmed that the existing Pizza Planet location is re-opening as a Muppet-themed pizza restaurant called Pizza Rizzo.

As to whether or not the Toy Story-themed Pizza Planet will later re-open in the new Toy Story Land, that remains to be seen. However, I would think it would be a bit odd to have two separate quick serve pizza restaurants in the same park. That would seem to be overkill. But maybe not.

Simba's Mom

When is the to-be-called Pizza Rizzo opening? I hope they serve the cappuccino cupcake? I'm glad I haven't seen Electric Umbrella on here much. Over 10 years, I broke a tooth there and since then I've avoided it (even though it wasn't really their fault). I'm thinking of retrying it, but I'll be there during the F&W, when I mostly "graze" at the booths. No "bad" ones here, just some overpriced ones!

Tom P.

When is the to-be-called Pizza Rizzo opening? I hope they serve the cappuccino cupcake? I'm glad I haven't seen Electric Umbrella on here much. Over 10 years, I broke a tooth there and since then I've avoided it (even though it wasn't really their fault). I'm thinking of retrying it, but I'll be there during the F&W, when I mostly "graze" at the booths. No "bad" ones here, just some overpriced ones!
The only information I've seen on an opening date for Pizza Rizzo is "late 2016".

NiarrNDisney

It's actually been officially confirmed that the existing Pizza Planet location is re-opening as a Muppet-themed pizza restaurant called Pizza Rizzo.

As to whether or not the Toy Story-themed Pizza Planet will later re-open in the new Toy Story Land, that remains to be seen. However, I would think it would be a bit odd to have two separate quick serve pizza restaurants in the same park. That would seem to be overkill. But maybe not.

That sounds great I loved Rizzo growing up!

As for the overkill, thinking about it now there are a couple Italian/Pizza places in DHS Catalina Eddie's, Mama Melrose's, and now Rizzo's. In fact there are a few more Italian/Pizza spots just outside of the park: Boardwalk Pizza Window, Il Mulino, Splash Terrace, and Trattoria al Forno! Maybe its time for a new cuisine trend?

Matt_Black

That sounds great I loved Rizzo growing up!

As for the overkill, thinking about it now there are a couple Italian/Pizza places in DHS Catalina Eddie's, Mama Melrose's, and now Rizzo's. In fact there are a few more Italian/Pizza spots just outside of the park: Boardwalk Pizza Window, Il Mulino, Splash Terrace, and Trattoria al Forno! Maybe its time for a new cuisine trend?

Italian food is easy. Ubiquitous enough that it's not going to intimidate anyone or alienate finicky eaters, yet it has that fancy sort of quality. There's a reason it's all over the parks.

NiarrNDisney

Italian food is easy. Ubiquitous enough that it's not going to intimidate anyone or alienate finicky eaters, yet it has that fancy sort of quality. There's a reason it's all over the parks.

You would think with its popularity here in the USA that there would be more places offering Asian fare specifically Chinese!?

To echo what others said, I've never had a "bad" disney CS experience. I do find that a lot of items (hamburgers, chicken *******, corn on the cob, pasta) at WDW CS places tend to be rubbery and overcooked, and sometimes things that should be piping hot are only lukewarm, but that's something all CS restaurants nationwide struggle with when trying to prepare and keep mass quantities, so it's nothing that would make me consider a meal to be "bad."

For that reason, I don't avoid any particular CS places -- but I do stay away from certain menu items that I know I'm not going to love (e.g., burgers, because I like them rare and juicy, and a CS location can only offer well-done), and order things that are either freshly prepared or that tend to keep/reheat well in a CS setting (BBQ meats, quiche, salads, cold sandwiches, flatbreads). We also tend to choose CS venues that offer something we can't easily find at home (e.g., shawarma platters at Tangierine Cafe at Epcot's Morocco pavilion, lobster rolls at MK's Columbia Harbor House).

EDIT: LOL! I see that WDWMagic bleeped the word, "b.r.e.a.s.t.s" above. Should I have called them "chicken bosoms" instead? ;)

Hockey89

And not a single spot does it well which is a shame.... Il Mulino is ok if you have to pick one....

Rickster7

Do not avoid any quick service places. Try them all for yourself. The only place I have gotten sick from the food is the Pepper Market at Coronado Springs Resort in 2003 but it won't stop me from going back. I plan on staying there next year. Pepper Market gets good reviews and I am sure it was just a isolated incident.

Last edited:

betty rose

To echo what others said, I've never had a "bad" disney CS experience. I do find that a lot of items (hamburgers, chicken *******, corn on the cob, pasta) at WDW CS places tend to be rubbery and overcooked, and sometimes things that should be piping hot are only lukewarm, but that's something all CS restaurants nationwide struggle with when trying to prepare and keep mass quantities, so it's nothing that would make me consider a meal to be "bad."

For that reason, I don't avoid any particular CS places -- but I do stay away from certain menu items that I know I'm not going to love (e.g., burgers, because I like them rare and juicy, and a CS location can only offer well-done), and order things that are either freshly prepared or that tend to keep/reheat well in a CS setting (BBQ meats, quiche, salads, cold sandwiches, flatbreads). We also tend to choose CS venues that offer something we can't easily find at home (e.g., shawarma platters at Tangierine Cafe at Epcot's Morocco pavilion, lobster rolls at MK's Columbia Harbor House).

EDIT: LOL! I see that WDWMagic bleeped the word, "b.r.e.a.s.t.s" above. Should I have called them "chicken bosoms" instead? ;)
As a 68 year old lady, chicken bosoms, is too funny.:D

betty rose

I think you might find yourself in the minority there, at least regarding the "nasty" part. I won't say BOG's ham sandwich was the BEST ham sandwich I've ever had, but it is easily in the top 5.
I like the turkey "bosom" sandwich. At Bog. (Yes, I just had to). But really that sandwich last year was really good.

betty rose

Haven't been there since the menu overhaul, but I'm pretty sure we won't be eating at Peco's Bill anymore. The toppings bar set that place apart.
I got really sick at Peco's Bills, with the new menu, and toppings bar. They did have good churro's. In June, they were just cold and greasy. Very poor.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom