What parts of WDW give you the feeling of nostalgia?

BigRedDad

There are a few things that are very nostalgic to me. You have to be a kid that went there in the early 70s to get some of these.

1. Driving through the Disney sign knowing you are entering a magical world.
2. Seeing the manicured animals from the monorail
3. The original Fort Wilderness restaurant, campfire, and country store (remember the foam railroad rocks)

Despite the park this website represents, ironically, I've never been to WDW :rolleyes:.

ALTHOUGH, I have been to DLR almost every year of my life,and I always have that sudden wonderful burst of Nostalgia when I smell everything. The musty water smell on PotC, the sweet smell of Popcorn and Churros, the smell of candy in Main Street, the old dusty smell in HM and Indy. Also, the soundtracks automatically bring me back. I can hum the entire theme to DL's Space Mountain as well as Indy, and of course know all of the lyrics to Small World, Pirates, and HM themes. Gotta also love the excitement (and also butterfly inducing nervousness that ALWAYS happens no matter how much I ride) whenever I'm close to boarding, almost taking off... And then theres the wonderful feeling of being in my mom's car on a small 6 hour road trip, anticipating the arvial to our hotel room. Of course, we get there in the afternoon when we finally do the first day, so we use the first day to chill and check out the hotel and look at downtown Disney. I love the strange soapy smell of hotels, the shuttle ride down with a bunch of excited mothers, fathers, and children alike, being so close to the park you can SEE some of the tops of large rides sticking out. Just the whole entire experience is a nolstagic blast, and nothing can beat it. I never get the same feeling for any other park, Disney is the only one.

Last edited:

A W Reezy

For me it's passing by the old Millennium Village building in EPCOT. I don't know how many times I'll go to WDW in my lifetime, but I doubt anything will surpass that experience for me. I was 12 when we went Nov '99, and I thought it was the coolest thing in the world to "travel the world" and get my passport signed at every country.

Funny story, I can't remember which country we were at in the MV, I think it might have been Saudi Arabia or another Middle Eastern country.... But my mom told me "Look at how they write backwards!". The guy promptly looked at her and said "No, Ma'am. YOU write backwards". My dad and I thought it was the funniest thing. Good times!

OliveMcFly

Columbia Harbor House. We ate there every trip when I was little and we still do today. It doesn't seem to have changed much so it always sparks some memories for me.

Calvin34

Contemporary. When passing that place as a kid either in the Monorail or by the ferry, I always wondered what it would be like to stay there. Our first trip with our 2 girls at ages 4 & 1 (now 16 & 13), we stayed there. That was 5 trips ago. Went this past Thanksgiving & stayed at CS, but had 2 dinners in Contemporary & it was great to be there again. Hope for another stay there in the future, when a deluxe stay is in the budget.

Been lurking a while, decided to jump in. Great Forum!

tonganprince

I've thought about this and this is what I came up with...

Someone mentioned the exit of space mountain. Agreed!

Looking up at Pixar Place and being able to see the old walkways of the Backlot tour

The entrance to Disney World (especially the one by the Crossroads)

Although I have never been.. The Cirque del Soleil building

Jungle Cruise

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom