What parts of New Fantasyland will be open in late July.

Ignohippo

Mermaid/BaTB area/etc will be in late summer (september for mermaid, october for BaTB area/restaurant)

Mine train coaster is now slated for late spring 2013...... now... can anyone else tell me what attraction had a notorious scheduled opening of LATE SPRING?

I don't see any way LM can open without at least the external elements of BATB open as well. I could see them holding off on the restaurant and meet and greet for a month or two, but they'll need the bridges and walkways to get people around the construction zone of the SWMT.

I believe you'll know when we're getting close when the castle walls are done and the area is paved. Honestly, looking at where we are now, it wouldn't surprise me if LM (and the external areas of BATB) are open by July.

And since when has the Mine Train ever been rumored for late Spring 2013? The most recent news I've heard has been either Spring 2014 or late Q4 2013....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't see any way LM can open without at least the external elements of BATB open as well. I could see them holding off on the restaurant and meet and greet for a month or two, but they'll need the bridges and walkways to get people around the construction zone of the SWMT.

I believe you'll know when we're getting close when the castle walls are done and the area is paved. Honestly, looking at where we are now, it wouldn't surprise me if LM (and the external areas of BATB) are open by July.

And since when has the Mine Train ever been rumored for late Spring 2013? The most recent news I've heard has been either Spring 2014 or late Q4 2013....

Look earlier in this thread wdw71fan posted the late Spring 2013 date.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Since when did September / October become late summer and not fall? :lol:

Hope this is correct. My daughter would love to see it in September.

The first 3 weeks of September (roughly) have been late summer as long as I have been able to read a calendar. :shrug:

I agree 100%...like is it really that hard to put the skin on the tents?

I figured they were waiting to put thr skin on thr tent until they were farther along with the rock work right next to the tent.

All they have left on the rockwork now is painting, so theyve started putting the tent together.

filmy3

Original Poster
When do you think they'll start paving New Fantasyland and I thought in some photos over the wall I saw one or two layers of scaffolding being taken down. By the way talked to Disney Dining and they said the Be Our Guest was supposed to be done in late March 2012. When she said that I started freaking out...she probably thought that I was crazy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When do you think they'll start paving New Fantasyland and I thought in some photos over the wall I saw one or two layers of scaffolding being taken down. By the way talked to Disney Dining and they said the Be Our Guest was supposed to be done in late March. When she said that I started freaking out...she probably thought that I was crazy.

Paving is usually one of the last things they do. I would imagine we would see them doing the concrete lining of the water features first.

Doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about which wouldn't be surprising. March 2013 seems to far out.

filmy3

Original Poster
Paving is usually one of the last things they do. I would imagine we would see them doing the concrete lining of the water features first.

Doesn't sound like they know what they are talking about which wouldn't be surprising. March 2013 seems to far out.
Oh, she meant the March 2012. Thanks for noticing that I'm going to change it so people don't get the wrong idea.

filmy3

Original Poster
That's even worse. When did you talk to her?
As of today 2 days ago. It does make it much worse because I have never seen Disney be late on an opening. She said it will probably open soon but I don't know what "soon" means. Next week? Next month?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
As of today 2 days ago. It does make it much worse because I have never seen Disney be late on an opening. She said it will probably open soon but I don't know what "soon" means. Next week? Next month?

If by "soon" she means 5 more months, then she would be right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom