What parts of New Fantasyland will be open in late July.

filmy3

Original Poster
Hi I'm new to this forum I was wondering what will be open in New Fantasyland in Late July. I don't care if it's just your opinion I'll take any answers. Anyway Thanks.

Scuttle

It's very possible that the second Dumbo, Casey Jr and maybe one of the tents would be open by then. Definitely nothing in the BatB or LM areas.

Possible, but I doubt it. The Dumbo spinner has a ways to go. If anything I can see the water area opening, but that's about it.

Scuttle

Thanks Scuttle. By the way I really like the photos you take. I was wondering if you could get some aerials of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad when you go up next time. Thanks

Yes I am going to try and get a HUGE central fl update. I really want to get Jaws construction site photos and then Thunder, FLE, Grand Flo DVC and of course the walkway. Maybe some Test Track photos to if anything is going on there next week.

wdw71fan

Casey Jr Splash Area is due by the the first week in May..

Dumbo will be done by mid may, but it's still unclear if the tent will be ready by then (next gen queue included )

Mermaid/BaTB area/etc will be in late summer (september for mermaid, october for BaTB area/restaurant)

Mine train coaster is now slated for late spring 2013...... now... can anyone else tell me what attraction had a notorious scheduled opening of LATE SPRING?

Test Track........ Lets hope it doesn't follow that path and take 2 extra years ;) although there is no indication it will.

filmy3

Original Poster

Dumbo will be done by mid may, but it's still unclear if the tent will be ready by then (next gen queue included )

Mermaid/BaTB area/etc will be in late summer (september for mermaid, october for BaTB area/restaurant)

Mine train coaster is now slated for late spring 2013...... now... can anyone else tell me what attraction had a notorious scheduled opening of LATE SPRING?

Test Track........ Lets hope it doesn't follow that path and take 2 extra years ;) although there is no indication it will.
Thanks. I was really wondering when that stuff would open.

MCC1

Yes I am going to try and get a HUGE central fl update. I really want to get Jaws construction site photos and then Thunder, FLE, Grand Flo DVC and of course the walkway. Maybe some Test Track photos to if anything is going on there next week.

I'll second that - those photos are much appreciated...looking fwd to your next 'round -

Biff215

IMO Storybook Circus should be fully open by summer, but I won't be surprised if it isn't. It seems like resources are being pulled in so many different directions right now with the Mine Train ramping up construction. I'm glad to see progress there but it seems to be at the expense of getting Storybook Circus done. They seem to be happy simply getting one Dumbo and Barnstormer back open, and of course the water area for summer. I wouldn't mind if they delay Mermaid and BatB a bit to get the Mine Train done sooner, as the construction is going to take away from them anyway. I just think the Circus could have been finished quicker to at least give us a one completed mini-land. I mean how long does it take to get a skin on the second tent, let alone what's going on inside them? :lol:

joeyq

IMO Storybook Circus should be fully open by summer, but I won't be surprised if it isn't. It seems like resources are being pulled in so many different directions right now with the Mine Train ramping up construction. I'm glad to see progress there but it seems to be at the expense of getting Storybook Circus done. They seem to be happy simply getting one Dumbo and Barnstormer back open, and of course the water area for summer. I wouldn't mind if they delay Mermaid and BatB a bit to get the Mine Train done sooner, as the construction is going to take away from them anyway. I just think the Circus could have been finished quicker to at least give us a one completed mini-land. I mean how long does it take to get a skin on the second tent, let alone what's going on inside them? :lol:

I agree 100%...like is it really that hard to put the skin on the tents? like come on...the storybook circus looks amazing so far so i dont understand why they wouldnt wanna push to get tht area done faster so crowds can really appreciate the work put into the area. Also i agree i feel like mine train construction will take away from some of the magic in other areas for that short time, but hey whos gonna complain as long as progress is made!:sohappy:

jupiter869

I agree 100%...like is it really that hard to put the skin on the tents? like come on...the storybook circus looks amazing so far so i dont understand why they wouldnt wanna push to get tht area done faster so crowds can really appreciate the work put into the area. Also i agree i feel like mine train construction will take away from some of the magic in other areas for that short time, but hey whos gonna complain as long as progress is made!:sohappy:

True enough... putting the 'skin on the tents' is the easy part. It's the interiors that will take some time. And the tents won't open before the Casey Jr area does simply from the aspect of accessing the tents. What I'm surprised at is the second tent is progressing faster than the first! The first tent is going to be the merchandising store and you'd think they would want that open ASAP!!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

What is the source for these dates? I find it really hard to believe that the mine train will be done by spring 2013 unless they plan to work at a much faster pace then they have with other parts of the expansion.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Didn't Tom Staggs recently say there was a final element that would open in early 2014? If that wasn't the mine train, what was he referring to?

What is the source for these dates? I find it really hard to believe that the mine train will be done by spring 2013 unless they plan to work at a much faster pace then they have with other parts of the expansion.

I'd like to know too. It's not that I don't hope it will happen by then, it's just that I have been told otherwise by 2 people working close to the project that those dates aren't going to happen.

filmy3

Original Poster
I'd like to know too. It's not that I don't hope it will happen by then, it's just that I have been told otherwise by 2 people working close to the project that those dates aren't going to happen.
I know these dates seem crazy because the Mine Train was set to open by Disney in the first calendar quarter of 2014. But now it's said to open in late spring 2013? The earliest I would think would be late fall 2013. Anyways I was wondering if anyone knows any imagineers because I really wanted to eat at the Be Our Guest restaurant in Late July. I don't know I think I'll give Disney Dining a call and see what they know. Wish me luck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom