What order do you go through the MK lands?

poohjammys

:) When you enter the Magic Kingdom you can either go to the left or the right.Most guest will go to the right. So if you start on the left you can usually get on more rides much faster and then hit fantayland and mickey's toon town later in the day. September it a little slower time of the year but if your going to the Magic kingdom use the fast pass system you you will get more done. Remember it all started with a mouse....Walt Disney

Fun2BFree

Our tradition is to first go to MK at night and do most of Tomorrowland, but on every other trip afterwards to go clockwise. Also, Space Mountain has to be our first and last ride at MK every vacation.

Android-XS

Original Poster
ssidiouss@mac.c said:
How long does it take you to make it thru the park?
We have usually gone on everything we want to go on by 4:00-5:00. Then if we aren't to tired and time permits we will go on a few of our favorites a second time.

tigger_rox00

Thats an easy one Mk, Epcot, MGM, AK and then go back to each one and do stuff that we want to either do again or do stuff we didn't do the first time.

Disneyfan1981

At WDW we generally head right through the hub into Fantasyland and hit that first because usually depending on the time of day, the waits are amazing but the funny thing is when we hit DL we start in Adventureland....:lol:

Edeyore

lawyergirl77 said:
lawyergirl's First Day at MK Itinerary:

1) Walk onto Main Street.
2) Realize I'm in the MK.
3) Get misty-eyed.
4) Walk into middle of Street to stare at Castle.
5) Get misty-eyed.
6) Get tempted to run towards the Castle.
7) Realize that I am acting like a dope.
8) Don't care. RUN TO CASTLE!!!!
9) Stop in front of Partners statue
10) Get misty-eyed. Again.
11) Snap the same (feels like) thousand pictures of the Castle that I take every vacation.
12) Look left at Adventureland/Frontierland/Liberty Square.
13) Look right at Tomorrowland.
14) Realize it's no contest, and run through Castle like a little kid.
15) Run straight onto Cinderella's Carrousel.
16) Get misty eyed.

I do almost the exact same thing, only 9 out of 10 times I get run over by
the horse drawn trolley running up Main Street, toward the castle. Talk
about misty-eyed, ever been run over by a Clydesdale?

poohbear6103

If it is not crowded we usually do what I call the "traditional" way. I break a left at the castle and head for Adventureland and make a circle until I reach Tomorrowland. I always hot the shops at Main Street at the end of the day, on my way out. If it is crowded, I get worried that the line at Space Moutain will be too long, so I go there first and then go in a circle till I hit Adventureland.

snoopi_grl

First, we usually go to Tomorrowland and get fastpass tickets for Space Mountain. (if the standby is long.) And then we head over to Fantasy Land... go on some dark rides... and then Toon town. Then it would be time to go to Space Mountain, so we head over to use our FP tickets. Then would go to Splash Mountain and get a fast pass there. And while we wait for the FP ticket times, we go on Thunder Mountain, and then go on Splash Mountain.
Is that really complicated? Sorry, im not much of a good explainer...

parker kim

The last 2x's we've started in fantasyland must ride dumbos and pater pan 1st then on to frontierland and liberty square then to mickey's toontown, tomorrowland , and last adventureland.

surfsupdon

In the morning, we always go to Space Mtn first.

In the evening/night, we always go to Frontierland first.

We never really tour one land at a time, we kinda bounce all around really fast. Not only good exercise, but also keeps you ahead of the crowds who do only what they can see in sight.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm with no2apprentice! We follow the Unofficial Guide tour plans to the letter. When we finish seeing EVERYTHING mid-afternoon, we relax, go to the resort, swim, go back for night rides and parades/fireworks.

People call us - but I don't care. I would rather walk a little extra than stand in 60-75 minute lines all day and see half of what I wanted to.

Nansafan

Head down Main Street, right for the Tip Board. We pick what we want to do then head for it. We meander through the park hopping from one land to the next in no apparent order. The only "every visit" thing we do is on our very first visit to the MK in a trip, we ride the TTA. It is also the last ride we do at the MK at the end of our trip.

josh_e_washie

I read in a Birnbaum book that the flow of mass groups tend to be counter-clockwise. For example, most people tend to attack World Showcase starting with Canada. Therefore, I think getting to the park early and hitting up adventureland, then liberty square, frontierland, then fantasyland/mickey's toontown fair, then tomorrowland would probably be a cool way to look at it. But of course, it's all theory!! :wave:

BrerVeritas

josh_e_washie said:
I read in a Birnbaum book that the flow of mass groups tend to be counter-clockwise. For example, most people tend to attack World Showcase starting with Canada. Therefore, I think getting to the park early and hitting up adventureland, then liberty square, frontierland, then fantasyland/mickey's toontown fair, then tomorrowland would probably be a cool way to look at it. But of course, it's all theory!! :wave:

I've always done it Birnbaum's way, before I even knew it was Birnbaum's way. I've always instinctively gone clockwise...its like reading a book. Clock wise...with proper use of fastpass can help you avoid any major lines and still keep a continuity of theming by traveling land to land.

I've never liked skipping around, because if you start in adventureland and circle around the theming of each land blends so well. My favorite points in MK are the borders of Frontierland to Adventureland, Frontierland/Liberty Square, and LS/Fantasyland. The change in theming is nice and subtle and it makes the different lands flow. I think it helps over all enjoyment to view it this way

my family really has not plans. we find the shortest wait time get off that ride, look at the map and pick the next location. Kinda disorganized but we always see what we want to and if we dont then. theres always next time.

wilary

If we're there by opening, then usually it's straight to Space for a fast pass. Then it's space as many times the line is still short (under 15). Then we do Buzz once or twice depending on the line. COP and TTA before the Space fastpass.

Then Tea Cups and then Pooh, Snow White and Peter Pan if it's short. Philarmagic for sure. Small World once only. Get a fast past for HM. Lunch at fish place. Then Hall of Presidents & Haunted Mansion. Country Bears rarely. Fast Pass Splash or Big Thunder. Ride the other if it's short. If not, then Railroad or Tom Sawyer's Island until fast pass time. At which time, we fast past the other. Then adventureland and repeating as needed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom