What obscure location in “the world” has special meaning for you?

LoriMistress

Probably the smoking section between China and Germany at WS in Epcot. We don't smoke, but there's barely anyone there, and it's so nice to just sit on a beach, people watch, and watch the crowds dwindle away, while enjoying the WS in the evening. It was our tradition at Epcot on our last visit.

I also love TTA. Just sitting down, relaxing, people watching, and just wind down for a bit.

EaglesfanNJ

Great question!! I love the topics on this site that really make you step back and think. It helps bring that nostalgic Disney feeling back and helps with the "have not been to Disney in a while blues"

I actually have 2....

1) Table/chair outside of Fuego/Raglan Road at Downtown Disney, at night. People watching, beverage in hand... it's so relaxing.

2) Bench outside of the Germany pavilion.. DW loves going shopping in there and getting some of the glass work.. i love sitting out on the bench, watching people, looking over the water.

PurpleDragon

The benches across from the Dole Whip counter in Adventureland right by the Swiss Family Treehouse. I usually get a Dole Whip and sit over there and soak in the atmosphere.

tizzo

The benches across from the Dole Whip counter in Adventureland right by the Swiss Family Treehouse. I usually get a Dole Whip and sit over there and soak in the atmosphere.

Ours is right near there. There is a covered seating area with some tables and chairs across from the Treehouse, running from Aloha Isle to the bathrooms. We like to sit in there to eat our Dole Whips. It's a little more private than the benches because there is (or used to be) a wall of vegetation blocking it off from the walkway.

Plus, unless I'm thinking of the wrong place, those benches either are a smoking section or are treated that way by many guests, because there always seems to be the smell of smoke as you walk by there. Only an issue if that kind of thing bothers you I guess - it sometimes triggers my allergies so I try to avoid it.

ABigBrassBand

Just IASW, the whole thing is something that means a lot to me. You know, I really can't think of any others at the moment. If I think of any more I'll be sure to come back.

wdwcastwannabe

Mine will always be the rocks behind the popcorn cart in Canada. Guests can't go there as it is blocked by the cart and as well a small fence-like gate behind the cart, but being a former cast member I used to climb up and watch IllumiNations from there. The coolest thing about it is that there is a notch on the other side to sit on that guests can't see from anywhere surrounding this boulder so you achieve total seclusion whilst watching the show.

Pure bliss.

Jerm

On the streets of America just any of the stoops of the brownstones at DHS. It is a great place to relax and enjoy the sounds of the park.
3399605014_394a109cf7.jpg

rsoxguy

The lights in the pavement at Future World in EPCOT. My daughter was fascinated with them when she was young. Every time we walk past them, I picture her stooping over and trying to touch them with the tip of her index finger. Time flies.

Demeter Tess

The "jumping fountains" over by "Journey Into Imagination." My brother and I could NOT get enough of those when we were little. Watching the old VHS tapes of us playing there is hilarious.

Texas84

There's something special about Japan, staring at that Torii gate. Now if we can just get rid of the gaijin no baka. Got to ride through an empty Japan on my last Segway tour. Very peaceful.

Tinkrbell

The Art of Disney Animation at Hollywood Studios. I skip the movie thing, but I love sitting in there, people watching.
Also, the TTA.

The fireplace in Minnie's house in Toontown. I will miss it. My mom has taken my picture sitting on that fire place everytime we have gone for almost 20 years.

Also the TTA, in the afternoon when crowds are dying down we will hop on that, relax, and have a snack and ride it 5 or 6 times around, just people watching.

a2grafix

I had a location, but it's closed. It was sitting in a high-back lounge chair sipping a dirty martini in the salon room inside the Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island.

Second location is walking the trail between Shades of Green and crossing the street into a lush secluded trail at the Polynesian to the Ceremonial Great House. Takes about 10 minutes or so, but a very nice stroll.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
There's something special about Japan, staring at that Torii gate. Now if we can just get rid of the gaijin no baka. Got to ride through an empty Japan on my last Segway tour. Very peaceful.

Are you talking about the "Stupid Foreigners" ? baka gaijin ? :confused:

MarkTwain

The "jumping fountains" over by "Journey Into Imagination." My brother and I could NOT get enough of those when we were little. Watching the old VHS tapes of us playing there is hilarious.

I did that too! :D Apparently I was quite the trouble-maker, because I would also splash my parents.

Others:

A rocking chair by the fireplace in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.

The second deck of the Liberty Belle, watching Frontierland go by.

The Frontierland boardwalks, watching the Liberty Belle go by. :lol:

The restaurant with the mill in Port Orleans Riverside (the name escapes me). When I was a child, they still served all of the barbecue dishes with complementary cornbread, which was delicious. And I thought the mill actually was making the cornbread. :ROFLOL:

Hmm... all of these are very quaint... need something more modern...

Got it! The Peoplemover. :D

Also, Cinderella's Royal Table. I've eaten here three times, the first two because of my dad receiving big promotions, and the last because of my graduating from high school. So I've come to associate this restaurant with celebration.

Disneybub

my fiance and I were at MNSSHP in 2007 and it started to rain and we sat under the fake umbrella outside Petes Garage.
We were laughing and joking about being soaked through when someone come over to say we made a lovely couple, and that it was great we were enjoying even though the weather was awful.... It made my holiday that someone else could see how happy we are, and that they were nice enough to come over and tell us.... :)

djpoore94

It's not obscure, but on our first trip back in 2002, DH and I had our first "park" meal at the Electric Umbrella, so last year on our anniversary he took me in there to give my my gift, an engraved Eeyore watch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom