What movie units does Disney own?

dizpins14

Original Poster
obviously Disney owns Walt Diseny Pictures and Touchtone. I know they also own Dimension films but I could have sworn they also owned or partly owned Miramax. Am I just making this up or what? :lol: :confused: I could have sworn also that Spy Kids was Miramax, maybe it's Dimension, and Disney had rights to both movies. I mean if they do own Miramax then look out cause here comes Gangs of New York.

Sketch105

Disney owns Miramax, who owns Dimension films. So the Spy Kids series and Scream and all them are technically made under the Disney banner.

jmarc63

Originally posted by Sketch105
Disney owns Miramax, who owns Dimension films. So the Spy Kids series and Scream and all them are technically made under the Disney banner.

What happened to the Hollywood Pictures label?? Haven't seen it in a while.
When Hollywood came out it seemed like they did the R-rated films. which lead me to belive that Walt Disney Pictures would produce the G-rated films for childres,Touchtone would produce the PG and PG-13- Rated films for young adults and Hollywood pictures would Produce the R-rated films for more mature audiences, unless that what was the intent for buying Miramax was for. I know that the intent with the other studios was to produce adult fare with out destroying the WDP studios image of a producer childrens films as well as ther traditional animation distrubition.

dizpins14

Original Poster
That's what I thought but I was looking at www.boxofficemojo.com and they listed Disney Pictures seperate from Mirmax, I thought they would want their money totals all together to make it more impresive. Disney has Gangs of New York so looks like Disney will be making money soon.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Disney is partial owner of Viewers Choice, which finances several adult entertainment films..

just a thought

pheneix

Miramax (and by default Deminsion Films) are pretty much held at arms length by the company, which means that Disney owns them and signs off on the checks every quarter, but for the most part Miramax operates independently of the company. However, Disney does get involved with some of the big-budget projects that the two companies do, and the results can be extremely disasterous, as was the case with the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

General Grizz

Originally posted by mktiggerman
Disney is partial owner of Viewers Choice, which finances several adult entertainment films..

just a thought

What's wrong with that? They get money, and who cares? After all, the philosophy of FAMILY entertainment, well, let's throw that way...big bucks for them!! :rolleyes:

This..means...war. :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

Oh, I almost forgot to mention: Happy Birthday, Walt! Yeah, we're getting money off you (pins and such), and meanwhile, let's just slap you with this!!

Mr. Disney, I am TRULY sorry.

SirNim

Disgraceful, distasteful, practical pathetic. Disney should be able to create enough revenue they don't have to own adult entertainment!!! Sick!! :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork: :fork:

pheneix

>>>Disgraceful, distasteful, practical pathetic. Disney should be able to create enough revenue they don't have to own adult entertainment!!! Sick!!<<<

Well, if it is high quality...

Buford

My history teacher says Disney is the root of "all evil" -- I'd better not quote any more attractions in my essays anymore... :zipit:

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Disgraceful, distasteful, practical pathetic. Disney should be able to create enough revenue they don't have to own adult entertainment!!! Sick!!<<<

Well, if it is high quality...

High quality?!?!:veryconfu?!?! I better hope not...

Disney can't be that desperate.... :fork:

wdwmaniac

Disney would not be this huge media company we know it as today with out it's other companies. No major movie company has just a kids movies. Nick- Viacom and it's Paramount Pictures, Dreamwork's makes adult films under it's label, WB also does, and so does Fox. Disney is the only one with still based on family and produces many family movies. Unless Disney could monoplize Family Entertainment they would never survive and problaly be taken over by another studio.

pheneix

>>>Nick- Viacom and it's Paramount Pictures, Dreamwork's makes adult films under it's label, WB also does, and so does Fox.<<<

There's a difference between movies that tackle mature, complicated themes and films that have steamy people groaning all night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom