What Moderate Would You Suggest

What moderate would you pick with little kids?

• Total voters

Jahona

I've stayed at Coronado twice, most recently last year, and love it. The ground are beautiful and it was just an overall great experience both times.

Vx1IGGk.jpg

pug

With what you listed, I would suggest AoA with kitchen if available. The pool area at AoA is awesome. Granted I can only say so because we walked from POP to AoA one night to look around.

Now PO Riverside is beautiful to the extreme. But sometimes you can be far from parking and it is spread out a little. But that is what adds to the charm. As for in room dining options, I am not sure of that anymore since it has been 20 years or so since I stayed there last.
Aoa is nice and big. I stayed in the cars suite once right when they open and I liked it and it was big almost too big but that's huge for only 2 people. The food court is nice and offers a lot of diffent stuff so I would pick AOA and the inside entrances are really nice and safe. The pool is so big!

Minthorne

Have you looked into Dolphin/Swan? Often you can get in at a moderate price and the location can't be beat. Not as Disney but really great beds. There are resort and parking fees there though.

SnarkyMonkey

This is a tough call and it does really depend on what appeals to you most. I voted for CBR because I think it meets most of the needs you identified best. But POR is really nice. If you don't want something that's so spread out, POFQ cannot be beat and it has a fun pool for the kids. But if your kids are older, they might appreciate the other pools better.

I see a couple of recommendations for CSR but I have not been impressed with that at all. It is a convention resort and feels that way to me. The others seem more family friendly.

Anyway you go, you won't go wrong. Have fun!

Fizban

So these are of course only my opinions but here goes..
CS has a couple good restaurants, the pool is nice, however it is a convention hotel. It just didn't feel like we were on vacation when we stayed there (more like a business trip).
POR would get my vote if it were just for a couple as the mansions are very quiet and romantic.
I cant yet offer an opinion on CBR yet as we haven't stayed there yet.
My suggestion for your trip would be POFQ due to the smallness of it, the theming is really fun and it has a nice pool. Also do take a night to go see Yeehaw Bob at POR.
All mods have queen beds now after a couple years of refurbing( I believe CBR is in process).
Cheers!

LoveDiz

Hands down POR is the best moderate resort in my opinion. The grounds are simply beautiful and are very comparable to many of the deluxe resorts. The pools are great and the pool bar at their feature pool is my favorite pool bar in all the Disney Resorts! Boatrights is wonderful and even though we typically are not "food court" eaters, we enjoy their food court for a quick bite. The rooms have always been clean and well maintained as well. People in the past have complained about how big and spread out this resort is, but personally that is one of the things I like most about it! We have stayed in the mansions and the alligator bayou and have enjoyed them both.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom