What MK attractions should have "perpetual" status?

Mickey_777

Original Poster
So which attractions should be considered permanent/perpetual MK staples until MK is no more. A few come to mind...(we're talking about these attractions continuing to exist. They can be updated)

-Pirates
-Space Mountain
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Jungle Cruise
-Railroad
-Monorail (thought outside of the park)
-Country Bear Jamboree (to me at least)
-TS island/river boat
-Small World
-Peter Pan

...what do you think?

karlbeau

Many people feel that the World's Fair attractions that Walt had much to do with should also be "perpetual". This would include the Carousel of Progress. Personally, I am not sure where I stand on this, though it is important to retain Walt's legacy.

powlessfamily4

So which attractions should be considered permanent/perpetual MK staples until MK is no more. A few come to mind...(we're talking about these attractions continuing to exist. They can be updated)

-Pirates
-Space Mountain
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Jungle Cruise
-Railroad
-TS island/river boat
-Small World
-Peter Pan

...what do you think?

Carousel of Progress.... The content of this attraction is amazing.... I just LOVE it.

njDizFan

I would add Haunted Mansion, HoP and CoP to that list but delete TSI. I could see that attraction getting a serious reboot in the future.

Future Guy

Pirates
Haunted Mansion
The ORIGINAL Tiki Room (bring it back! Do it NOW!)
Jungle Cruise
Splash Mountain
Peter Pan
Small World
Dumbo
the Carousel
Mad Tea Party
Space Mountain
Carousel of Progress
PeopleMover
Astro Orbiter/StarJets

klineski96

Since the Haunted Mansion is such an obvious choice and the first ride to come to my mind, and because it was not included on the original list of Magic Kingdom attractions that should be permanent and irreplacable, I cannot take this thread seriously whatsoever.

/sorry

:)

Thrill

I would add Haunted Mansion, HoP and CoP to that list but delete TSI. I could see that attraction getting a serious reboot in the future.

Exactly what I would do to the list. Although, I think I can see Peter Pan leaving at some point, and though I don't believe that it will leave MK without going elsewhere (other Disney park or even the Smithsonian), and certainly hope that it doesn't go away (Unless it goes to the Smithsonian and remains in operation. :p), I think Carousel of Progress might not be a staple. I think (and hope) that the TTA stays as well.

EDIT: Forgot Splash Mountain.

Wilt Dasney

I agree with most of the ones listed, with some exceptions.

CBJ just doesn't have that "immortal" feel to me. I would be sad if it were removed (especially with it no longer at DL), but it wouldn't completely alter the character of the park in the way losing some of the others would.

Also, and I know this one won't be popular, but I think the only thing really mooring CoP is history/nostalgia. It's a piece of WDW that Walt himself worked on, so that's obviously important...but I just don't see the character or quality of the attraction as a vital part of the MK in the same way Space Mt. or Dumbo are. I would honestly be completely OK with a different show going in there, especially if it celebrated technological progress in a fresh way.

Oh, and I don't think the original Tiki Room can really qualify for the list, since it's already gone! I agree that losing it was a major blow to the park, though, along the lines of the Skyway and 20K.

jac07024

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash Mountain
The Hall of Presidents
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Space Mountain
Carousel of Progress
WDW Railroad

Mattyo

Splash Mountain
Space Mountain (but I would love for it to be rebuilt the same as the Paris version)
Haunted Mansion
Pirates of the Caribbean
Thunder Mountain

amethyst21

Cinderellas Castle (obviously)
C.O.P.
P.O.T.C.
The 3 mountains
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Speedway (but update to Disney/Pixar Cars theme)
railroad
Small world (even tho i hate it)
TTA
Hall of Presidents.

WDW Visits: 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09

Next Visit April 11

rkelly42

I thought Mr. Toad's was untouchable, but that wasnt the case, but I fear another favorite of mine could be on the chopping block and that is CoP.

Magenta Panther

-Pirates
-Space Mountain
-Big Thunder Mountain
-Jungle Cruise
-Railroad
-TS island/river boat
-Small World
-Peter Pan

...what do you think?

I agree with your list with the exceptions of Jungle Cruise (dated to the point of embarrassing...although if that Jungle Cruise movie is made, maybe the ride will get a major refurb, so here's hoping) and Country Bear Jamboree...needs a major show upgrade. I was NOT impressed with the last refurb. The figures still move stiffly IMO, especially in comparison to the original movements (which you can still see via Youtube). As for Tom Sawyer's Island...hmmm...I still think it should be given over to Pirates theming. Or upgraded in some way. I was at a Six Flags theme park in the Midwest when I was a kid, and it had a Tom Sawyer dark ride that was actually pretty decent. It told the tale of Tom and Becky lost in the cave, with Injun Joe after them. Not exactly Disney quality, by any means, but it was effective nonetheless.

I would also add the Haunted Mansion to the list, plus CoP, Dumbo, the Hall of Presidents, and the Mad Tea Party. OH, and Mickey's Philharmagic. I would like to see that little show expanded upon. It's got true Disney magic in it.

As for the Monorail, I want it expanded EVERYWHERE throughout the parks. That sucker is amazing. Beats using trams and busses by a freaking MILE.

rct247

Pirates
Splash Mt.
Space Mt.
Dumbo
It's a Small World
WDW Railroad
Teacups
Carousel
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mt.
Hall of Presidents

Carousel of Progress, TTA, Peter Pan, and Jungle Cruise I'd like to also think would stay around for a very long time, but I think eventually some day, some poor decision will be made to cut these attractions due to budget or replace them with something new to the point that the original attraction wouldn't be recognizable.

Mickey_777

Original Poster
Mickey's Philharmagic. I would like to see that little show expanded upon. It's got true Disney magic in it.

As for the Monorail, I want it expanded EVERYWHERE throughout the parks. That sucker is amazing. Beats using trams and busses by a freaking MILE.

Agree on both points...if it were up to me Philarmagic would stay forever but maybe add in new scenes with Disney favorites as new ones come out. And I too would like the Monorail to at least have stops at every park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom