What method best for you!

MouseearsDeb

I was curious as to the best method of making my reservations for our upcoming WDW trip? Travel agent? WDW website? By phone with WDW? Has anyone had negative experiences making their own ressies with the website? What about room request using the online system?

We're going Sept. 30 - Oct. 8 2006 and I know we will be doing one night of MNSSHP. If I make my reservations by phone, it seems like I would be able to set up these tickets at the same time.

I think I probably just answered my own question.:p But still would like to know any comments.

Next trip: Sept. 30 - Oct. 8! Yippee!!!It's A Small World Afterall! :D

GoofyMom2

I just had Marie from Kingdom Konsultants make our ressies for our next trip Sept 15-19. She took care of everything with getting our tickets, ressie at POR and even found us flights at a great price (and no layovers).

The people from KK really know their stuff and can even help with suggestions, and answer all questions, make ADR etc. She also gave me a lot of info on POR. You might want to give one of them an Email to see what they can do for you.....

Best of all, no extra charge for these services and if any discounts come up after you have your ressies, they will automatically get it for you if you qualify.....

BTW, Sept 30 is the last day for the free dining plan so if you are getting a package you might want to check into that............

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
I have been talking with Marie and she is the 'travel agent'. Yes, we will qualify for the dining plan. I know to some people it is a waste arriving late at night, probably after 10:00 pm, but by going on the 30th we will get to take advantage of the dining plan and it kind of gives us an 'extra day' of food to utilize during our stay. Thanks for the comments! KK seems to be highly recommended by everyone that's used them.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

We've made reservations all three ways and I like dealing with an agent the best. Kingdom Konsultants has a great reputation and Pam and her staff are great! They always bring us the best info! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Kadee

I've used all three and had great results every time. Because we know the world much better now, we usually just use the web site. I keep saying I'm going to use Kingdom Konsultants, but usually just click a few buttons on the computer. KK has great reviews. I probably should use them.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

As a member of DVC and an AP holder I really don't have much of a need of a Travel Agent. I usually just call DVC book the unit we're staying in and when it's time I call for ADR's.

Upvote 0

HoW

We usually just use the website, and then call to make dining reservations. Between family that are CMs and the number of times we've gone, we just feel like we understand the system enough to do it on our own. Plus, my fiancee is a control freak, so she likes to have it all in her hands. But don't tell her I said that! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

I used to book everything myself, but the two trips I have booked through Kingdom Konsultants have been better than the rest in terms of ease of planning and in terms of room location at the resorts. I will NEVER book without KK ever again! :sohappy:

Upvote 0
lawyergirl77 said:
I used to book everything myself, but the two trips I have booked through Kingdom Konsultants have been better than the rest in terms of ease of planning and in terms of room location at the resorts. I will NEVER book without KK ever again! :sohappy:

Did you request a certain type of room with the agent? I am just curious as I have always done my own arrangements, I am the control freak, but room location and ease is a nice plus.

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

MouseearsDeb said:
Yes, we will qualify for the dining plan. I know to some people it is a waste arriving late at night, probably after 10:00 pm, but by going on the 30th we will get to take advantage of the dining plan and it kind of gives us an 'extra day' of food to utilize during our stay. Thanks for the comments! KK seems to be highly recommended by everyone that's used them.

I don't think you realize it, but as long as you check in by September 30, you are entitled to free dining for the length of your stay (up to 10 days) even though it is after September 30 because you checked on that date and it is apart of the package. Disney runs there hotel stays differently then the rest of the industry. Most hotels adjust your rate each night depending upon the day of the week, but disney it works the opposite, the rate is what it is the date of your check-in, so if the rate was $100 at check-in and $150 a day later, you only pay the $100 each night.

I always use KK, they are the best.

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

DisneyMom06 said:
Did you request a certain type of room with the agent? I am just curious as I have always done my own arrangements, I am the control freak, but room location and ease is a nice plus.
Yes, I did request certain locations for my rooms, but I don't think I framed my requests properly. Either that, or Pam just has the magic touch!! :lol:

I'm a gigantic control freak too - we're staying concierge at BWI this year, but I still had my dining ressies made by the time that a trip planner called me. However, given the value of KK's services, I'm willing to put my faith in the hands of Pam and her FABULOUS crew, because they have proven to be even more meticulous than I am.

Plus, I must say, it's nice to not have to constantly scour the pages for the AP rates and jump on them right away... Pam will be adjusting my reservations automatically, if possible, and that's a HUGE advantage!!! :sohappy:

Edited because clarity and good grammar are my friends... :hammer:

Upvote 0
IMO We have done all three and I prefer the Disney Website. Our last encounter with a travel agent (Atlas World Travel) ended very badly. Our local office closed before our trip and the travel agent took her comission to early. Once we arrived at Disney for check in we were told that we had an additonal balance (her comission). Luckily we had all of our paid reciepts and the matter was straightened out before we left, but it was still an inconvenience. The only down side to reserving by phone is that you are not sent any type of confirmation at the time of booking, you have to wait for your travel vouchers (Which do not arrive until 3-4 Weeks before departure).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom