What makes you "Disney Happy"

Reno

Getting in the car to go to the airport. We have 3 kids, 23,22 and 13. We have taken lots of vacations that usually started and ended with a fight over who was sitting where and who was too close to who. This has NEVER happened on our Disney vacations. Even though the older two have moved out, we still go to Disney together. No one fights and everyone gets along! We all compromise and are just generally happy. This makes me very Disney Happy!:sohappy:

nickbrec

What makes me "Disney Happy"

At the moment that I'm writing this reply, I have the music to Epcot's Illuminations playing, and I must tell you... what makes me Disney happy is being engulfed in the magic that only they create. When I stand around the World Showcase Lagoon (preferably near China) and look out over the water just before the show begins, and then the full force of Disney special effects swing into action I feel myself becoming very emotional. Disney is my favorite place on Earth, and Illuminations embodies that for me. I'm not sure why. I think it's just the atmosphere.

To someone that has never been there, I find it near impossible to explain to them how Disney makes me feel. For a somewhat logical and practical person, I'm not one to believe in the supernatural, but Disney makes be believe in magic.

~Nick B.~

CelticRose

Since we drive to WDW, what makes me Disney Happy is when we hit the Florida State Line and the Welcome Center for fresh oj, then when hit I-4 I can hardly contain myself, I start tearing up, as I am now just thinking about what is waiting for us there:sohappy:

I am so verclemped:cry: talk amongst yourselves,

I'm getting Disney Happy thoughts now, 141 days and the Disney happy will be on for 9 glorious disney happy days, I can hardly wait, Dole Whips here I come:sohappy: .

hammysammy59

Hey, more Michiganders! High-fives! We have lots of big beautiful lakes, our economy sucks right now and we're pretty much the coolest. Jealous?

But seriously, the park music sets me off. Some of the movies do too... and of course, youtubing rides and stuff is great too. Sigh...

Texas84

We're in Georgia so we also drive. But we don't get Disney-happy until we hit the Turnpike. Main Street Florida! The stretch run to WDW! And lately, stopping at Whataburger in Gainesville has become a big part of our trips. You probably have to be Texan to truly understand Whataburger. :D

Tink in Pink

I live in Miami, so we drive up to disney. Once we see those signs, tears well up and then errupt once we pass the mural. Also, as we're walking down main street and that majestic castle looms beautifully over us.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
What Makes Me Disney Happy....

We drive, being in Savannah, so we don't get the airport happiness. But, crossing into Florida, and knowing we're in the same state as WDW really gets me going.

Also, once I hit I-4 near Daytona, the Disney music comes on the CD player to take us the rest of the way.

I get very giddy when I start to see the signs for the WDW exits.

I get teary-eyed when I get off I-4 and enter the property for the first time (especially when we go in through the "main gate").

I love hearing the CM at check in tell me, "Welcome to Disney's (whatever resort)."

I love when my hand passes the biometric finger scan and I can go in. I always get nervous doing it, and try to remember exactly how I had my hand the last time. One of my great fears (and bad dreams) is not passing that thing, and being lead away!!

I love being at the parks for opening, watching the opening "show," and moving with the ropes.

I get very happy when the machine spits out my first fast pass of the vacation.

YQY747

Nothing beats when I first drive under the Walt Disney World sign. That's the first thing I see when entering the world, and it gets me "Disney Happy".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom