What makes WDW (and DL) magical for you?

DQPDesignz

Original Poster
I was just wondering what makes Disney World (and/or Disneyland) more magical/special for you than other theme parks (Six Flags, Universal Studios, Busch Gardens etc). :)

Walt Disney1955

Lots of things. When you are in Busch Gardens you never for a second think you are in any other place other than a theme park. Ditto for Six Flags parks. When at Disney you are cut off from reality and society and life is different there. Going to the Magic Kingdom truly is an experience. You park your car, you take a tram, you take a ferry/monorail. You are shut off from society and it feels great. There is happiness everywhere you look, you are taken back to your childhood at every turn and you are pampered to death. Not to mention the million photo shots you can take.

Throw in stuff like Spectro Magic and Wishes at the end of the night. I mean honestly how can that fireworks show NOT give you goosebumps? Ever taken the ferry back at night? It is something you truly need to experience, look back at the castle, it almost feels as if you are leaving your home, your friends and a dream.

I am a theme park junkie and out of every park I go to only Universal can come close to the feeling and nostalgia Disney can give you. Even then Disney is still the clear victor in that regards. Plus it's not just that but you wouldn't think Haunted Mansion would attract your attention but it does. Every time I'm on it there is something new I missed. Where else can you go and feel like you are literally in a dungeon boarding a pirate ship? Again, the only place that comes within a country mile of Disney in that aspect is Universal and it's still behind.

So that's my answer

Mukta

I have said it before and I'll say it again. I love theme parks, not amusement parks. I want a ride to have a storyline. I want to believe I am somewhere else when I am in the park. The details that have gone into Disneyland (and to a lesser extent Universal) warm my heart. From the plants that were brought in to the costumes changes of CMs and the bathroom themes! Every detail makes me believe I am outside of the real world.
I am not a thrill ride person. Places like Busch Gardens and Six Flags don't appeal to me at all.
I also love Audio Animatronics (which I learned at EuropaPark). Even the coasters there had a few AAs.

majorrfb

What makes WDW magical for me is the Magic Kingdom. When entering Main Street from under the railroad station reminds me of my home town as a little boy back in the late 40's and 50's. This brings back the feeling of being home. This feeling occurs every time I walk down Main St. for the first time of each new visit. :wave: Patiently waiting for the first week of December to experience this emotion again. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom