What kind of discounts will we expect starting Mid July?

wdw47

Why do you think it was hard to interact on the internet in 2008?
I agree I think the economy will rebound( and quickly) but the fact that we still don't know how long this will last IS the problem, not the media. That uncertainty creates volatility in the market, every time the President holds a Press Briefing(can he stop) effects the markets. Two Fridays ago while he was talking the markets improved something like 4%. A good time to sell was then because by Monday they took a historic drop and his tone on the situation had taken a 180.
People who don't know when their next paycheck is coming are is creating volatility...those people, investors and work force will probably think twice about booking a $80 dessert party.

Good. Maybe some of that madness will end.

Miss Bella

That's why I find the predictions of months of shutdown unrealistic. After two weeks of lock down I think you'll begin to see the breakdown of social stability within many, not being able to go out, shop, earn income, pay bills, etc. Even the most generous of proposed government assistance plans aren't enough for the majority of people affected.

I know this is happening because you can already see it in pundit class beginning to talk about if we are doing more damage to society by locking everyone down than if we just let the virus play its course. I don't know what to expect and I don't want to sound cruel, but I can tell you that the longer this goes on, it will do more damage to people and families than to those who may get or be affected by this virus.
This is the best post I've read in weeks.

wdwfan22

Right now they are only offering Free Dining to those who were impacted by the closure. Keep in mind free dining is a package at full price with dining added at no cost. Last summer free dining was offered to the general public. So as of now they are not offering any more than they have in the past. Free dining for the summer was expected to be released this year as well.

Crunchie9

Right now they are only offering Free Dining to those who were impacted by the closure. Keep in mind free dining is a package at full price with dining added at no cost. Last summer free dining was offered to the general public. So as of now they are not offering any more than they have in the past. Free dining for the summer was expected to be released this year as well.

Maybe I was wrong but I found free dining to be the biggest savings of them all.

durangojim

Original Poster
It depends. People will either be itching to get back in the parks so demand will be huge and prices high. Or people will be scared to travel/visit so discount will be big 🤷‍♂️
I'm betting with the latter along with a lot of people won't have the disposable income to go to the parks even if they wanted to.

chrisbarry

Maybe I was wrong but I found free dining to be the biggest savings of them all.
I'd have to say that yes it's a big savings, but the last time we got the free dining, we felt it was way too much food for us, based on the way we eat. We also felt like we based all of our plans around meals so much that we didn't enjoy them. Personally, for the way my family travels and the way we eat, I'd rather have a deal on our room and pay for food. If you're big eaters though, it's hard to beat free meals.

mguimond1990

I saw a Las Vegas commercial saying for people to come back when they are ready. Maybe they will cut their prices at the hotels.

I suspect Disney will initially have deep discounts. But the reality, once they start taking reservations again, people will return.
Let’s just say I’ve been pricing out Vegas trips for September..round trip flights for 2 and a stay at the mirage was under $700. I’m gonna wait this out a little longer before I book any trips, but if Disney offers any sort of substantial discounts for September I am there!

disney4life2008

Let’s just say I’ve been pricing out Vegas trips for September..round trip flights for 2 and a stay at the mirage was under $700. I’m gonna wait this out a little longer before I book any trips, but if Disney offers any sort of substantial discounts for September I am there!

Las Vegas won't be competitive unless they go back to 30 night

The_Jobu

I had Pop booked for 8 days in May with the summer discount. I got that transferred to Sept. However, paying full price for the room would only be an extra 200, so dinning plan would work for us 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom