What "it's a small world" do you think is the best?

Which one?

• Disneyland (Pre 2005)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Disneyland (Now)

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • WDW (Pre 2005)

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • WDW (Now)

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Paris

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Tokyo

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Hong Kong

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

tanc

Original Poster
There have been many iterations of this ride and some controversial changes to it's a small world. Personally, I think the Tokyo version is the best as has great maintenance and has some pretty cool additions to it.

Walt Disney1955

Disneyland's current version. Everything from the beautiful façade on the outside to the sneaky characters added in there. I know some don't like the idea of the Disney characters being added in afterwards. I get it. Not everything needs an IP attached to it. But in a way they are subtly there. You don't see them as quick as you think. Cinderella is dressed up in her cleaning clothes, she is easy to miss. And they are all blended in with the kids. I think it is a nice easter egg type hunt looking for them. Either way, great ride. I wish I rode it at the 1964 World's Fair for the first time with the first impressions that I would have had too. Would have been epic.

The Empress Lilly

The best one is the one that is closed when I'm at the park. Having been taken on it as a kid by a mother that loved it to the point that other rides were missed for that godawful ride, I hate it with a passion.
The horrific childhoods some of us have to endure. Being flown to Disney and having to sit five minutes through rides other members of the family enjoy. 😪

strictfoo

I voted Disneyland, but the line can be really brutal, sitting out baking in the sun. They really need to add more trees and umbrellas to the queue, at the very least.

thomas998

The horrific childhoods some of us have to endure. Being flown to Disney and having to sit five minutes through rides other members of the family enjoy. 😪
It wasn't flown in, it was driven like Clark Griswold from Vacation. A drive that might take 4 or 5 days to get to Disney sometime afternoon knowing you would be leaving at night and not returning the next day. Mom was the only one that enjoyed the horrible ride and for some unknown reason the lines were always close to an hour that was wasted for that 5 minutes of boredom. As a kid Disney taught me there wasn't a god because Small World was never being refurbished when we were there but at least one decent ride worth going on was.

AndyS2992

I'd probably say current Disneyland CA. For people that don't like it, try the Paris version. Super short and those boats flow through it at speeds faster than Splash Mountain 🤣 Has the best music too, very orchestral.

Riviera Rita

As my mother would say when we expected to get our way and complain when the parents or grandparents wanted to do something we didn't 'when you are paying then you can do what you want'. The thing was we, as kids, did do things we wanted, but, we also had to remember that it wasn't all about us just because we were the kiddoes. I'm not talking about Disney, we never went abroad anywhere, I'm talking about days out to places like Longleat, where the adults wanted to visit the stately home too, whichbI ended up really enjoying as well as seeing the wild animals.
There would be a lot less unhappy people at the parks of kids were taught that from an early age.

DonniePeverley

It's an attraction that needed to be replaced and binned a few years after it's conception, on the basis it was a horrendous dull attraction. The fact it lingers on to this day is a horrific shame.

The 'oh we like old attractions nostalga' brigrade keep it going.

Club Cooloholic

It wasn't flown in, it was driven like Clark Griswold from Vacation. A drive that might take 4 or 5 days to get to Disney sometime afternoon knowing you would be leaving at night and not returning the next day. Mom was the only one that enjoyed the horrible ride and for some unknown reason the lines were always close to an hour that was wasted for that 5 minutes of boredom. As a kid Disney taught me there wasn't a god because Small World was never being refurbished when we were there but at least one decent ride worth going on was.
Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

In all seriousness, it's always been my mother's favorite ride and I dreaded riding it as a kid. But now with my own kids, I always tell them that story as we line up to ride it, and we always ride it and enjoy it. I have learned to relax more at the parks over the years, we don't ride everything but we have a good time on what we do.

Last edited:

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Disneyland for the facade. Tokyo for the ride.

I like the overall exterior setup and landscaping of Paris' more, but I prefer Anaheim's color scheme.

thomas998

Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

In all seriousness, it's always been my mother's favorite ride and I dreaded riding it as a kid. But now with my own kids, I always tell them that story as we line up to ride it, and we always ride it and enjoy it. I have learned to relax more at the parks over the years, we don't ride everything but we have a good time on what we do.
Oh, I let my kids ride it once because they were curious... thankfully they hated it as much as I did and never gave a toss for it again. I would say that it has just become a distant memory, but I think it was a kid version of PTSD having to ride it and now the memory is burned into my brain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom