What is YOUR WDW Decade?

Opinion: Which decade was Walt Disney World at its BEST?

• Total voters

Scott10

2001-2011 --- My family made a trip to the World every year from 2003-2012. With stays at Coronado Springs, All Star Movies, Port Orleans Riverside in a Royal Room, Wilderness Lodge and an amazing Savannah View room at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, the trips allowed us to enjoy variety and familiarity all at the same time. That was our golden age of Disney travel!!!

NelleBelle

1991-2001 for me. The removal of some classic EPCOT (but not all) was a loss, but I think that the fleshing out of a still-new MGM Studios, the additions of Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney West Side, and the development of spectacular deluxe resorts like Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk far outweigh this con in the grand scheme of things.
How could I forget MGM studios?!! I loved the entire park at that time. Backlot Tour was one of my favorite attractions! I wish they could've kept a lot of what the park had then 🥺

NelleBelle

My first trip to WDW was in 2008 during the Year of a Million Dreams. Had a great time and the promotion was a lot of fun, so 2001-2011 I guess. Subsequent trips have also been great but there was something very special about that one.
I did like the early part of this decade, too! DH and I went in over Easter in 2003 (right after we were married in 2002) and were kicking ourselves for not having had our honeymoon at WDW (we went to Jamaica 🤢--bad choice we'll say). Even though that was one of the busiest times we've ever been, it made us realize we were ready to start our family.

We also went during the "Year" of a Million Dreams promotion and had a great time during that trip. We took our first son on his first trip and got his first hair cut. Our son also really started walking for the first time that trip. While DH and my mom were riding TT and I was waiting, DS decided it was time to really start taking those steps, one after another! He was 15-months old and after being born a preemie, we were worried he would need PT if he didn't start walking soon. It was also the first time we stayed on property. It was just an all-around trip of first for us! We got "family of the day" a couple times on that trip, anytime FP, and something else. Wish they'd bring that promotion back! 😃

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Been going since the 80's but I'd say 01-11 simply because we had 4 parks to hop between and very manageable crowd levels if you went in the offseason. Also we joined DVC in 2008 or 2009 and had our first child in 2010 and took him on his first trip less than a year later. It was just kind of a big Disney decade for us personally. I would say the last 5 or 6 years have been the worst since the crowds have just become so out of control and the nickeling and dimeing of Disney has gotten pretty over the top as well.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

How could I forget MGM studios?!! I loved the entire park at that time. Backlot Tour was one of my favorite attractions! I wish they could've kept a lot of what the park had then 🥺
Streets of America is the thing I miss the most there. I loved going to the Writer's Shop in the morning and getting a chocolate croissant and a coffee and going and sitting on a bench and eating it while I listened to the ambient sounds coming out of the speakers. It just always made me feel like I was immersed in an episode of The Cosby Show or something.

Zipadeelady

My first trip to Disney was in the early 80's. I honestly don't remember much. It was fun but so were the many places our family went on vacations.

The first time I took our family to Disney was in 2006. My children were 2 1/2, 5, and 8. It was pure magic. The character interactions, rides, the pool, free dining with tips included!! I'm sure we paid around $2,700 for 5 of us at Riverside with free dining and again tips were included. Every person got an appetizer, drink, entree, and desert. Since then I was completely hooked. So my years are 2001-2011

Simba’s Mom

Like many others I voted for 1991-2001. Some reasons are the Magic Kingdom Skyway (until 1995), 2 of my favorite rides opened in the 90s-Splash Mountain and Test Track. And I remember eating lunch in Cinderella's Castle without characters in the 90s.

KBLovedDisney

I voted for 1991-2001. I miss the edutainment of Epcot, with Horizons and World of Motion and the Innoventions of that time period that came out with the video games and hands on stuff for that time period, not to mention what was the greatest version of Journey Into Imagination. Also, Downtown Disney was a blast during these years with DisneyQuest and the shopping areas really appealing to kids (yes, referring to the 90s wacked out version of the World of Disney store...still missing this like bonkers).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom