• Riding the Monorails

Votes: 10 14.3%
  • Slower Rides

Votes: 25 35.7%

• Total voters

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
Out of all of the great many things there are to see and do in WDW, what is your main "thing" when you go there? What do you enjoy most during your trips there?

Nansafan

Entering the MK, (left tunnel) grab a map (we don't need one anymore, it's just something we always do), smelling the popcorn, heading through the square and walking down Main Street for the first time in a trip. Whether we get there at 10:00 AM, 2:30 PM, or 7:00 PM, walking towards the castle the first time in a trip is something that reminds us that "we are home."

leeocean

Originally posted by Nansafan
Entering the MK, (left tunnel) grab a map (we don't need one anymore, it's just something we always do), smelling the popcorn, heading through the square and walking down Main Street for the first time in a trip. Whether we get there at 10:00 AM, 2:30 PM, or 7:00 PM, walking towards the castle the first time in a trip is something that reminds us that "we are home."

Perfectly put. I would say the same. But the sights and smell of the monorail going around the Seven Seas Lagoon is unbelievably nostalgic.

BenS

I'd have to say the monorail. Especially sitting in the front of the monorail. On our first day we always start at MK and then go to Epcot and the Monorail to Epcot is one of my favorite things.

disneyfan123

Riding the monorail around the Seven Seas Lagoon - the sounds, the smells and the sights! The perfect start to a Disney experience. Full of nostalgia!

df123
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Yellow Shoes

I voted for slower rides for 2 reasons.

First off, I am the biggest wimp on the planet. I have no physical problems that would prevent me from doing Rock 'n Roller Coaster--I just don't want to .

But more importantly, the slow rides are something you can get only at Disney. I can go on a roller coaster at Six Flags--admittedly not as well themed, but the same thrill factor. There is nothing at Six Flags (or our local Worlds of Fun) that is comparable to Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, etc.

That said, shopping was a close second. The weird thing is that at home I despise shopping--I run in, grab and go.

But something happens when I am at WDW, and I turn into a shopping machine.

WDW1971

I always have to do "Swiss Family Robinson's Treehouse". Sure, it's not a thrill ride, but it just brings back memories of childhood family vacations.

Maria

Multiple choices should have been allowed in the poll!
I gave one vote for the Live Shows because besides "all of the above", I always try to catch the live shows.
:sohappy:

AddyL

You forgot an important choice in your poll...meeting characters! :lol: I always have to get my picture taken with Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale...plus, any new ones that might be about! This trip, we got Lilo and Stitch, Bullseye, Kermit, and Flik!

TacoExistential

Originally posted by WDWJunkie
Out of all of the great many things there are to see and do in WDW, what is your main "thing" when you go there? What do you enjoy most during your trips there?

The sights, the smells, the joy and the laughter, just being at a place that brings out the happiness in everyone, including my family, is worth the price of admission alone.

wild01ride

Walking around at "just the right pace" is what makes the trip for me. I love to just walk around at whatever pace I want, fast on a busy day or slow on a day that I just want to stroll and soak up the Magic!

DCL

I have been to Disney 20 times, and I am only 18. It's not the rides, the shows or the shopping that are my things. I go to Disney every year, so walk around the park, and just soak in the fact that I am on vacation in one of the most perfect vacation destinations in the world.

I go just just relax... take everything in... and, oh yeah... I go to eat!

Horizons#1Fan

I enjoy slow rides. If I want fast, thrill rides, I'll go to one of those other crappy theme parks around the country. I enjoy rides such as "Pirates of the Caribbean in MK, EPCOT rides, etc)

ToTBellHop

E-Rides needs to be an answer--but, I decided that most of the E-Rides are thrill rides, to some degree, so I picked them--the Mountain, Pirates to some degree, Test Track, Maelstrom, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Kali River Rapids, DINOSAUR! They are my faves!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom