What is your plan of attack for Hollywood Studios?

Da Bird is Da Word

For those of you who are locked in to trips in September and now realize Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be open during your stay; what is your plan of attack for Hollywood Studios?

I’ve heard some people say they’re avoiding Hollywood Studios altogether. For a short trip, that might make sense. Me and my girlfriend will be there for 7 nights though, and this is her FIRST time ever going to WDW. So NOT going to Hollywood Studios is not an option. And we may as tell take advantage of the fact that Galaxys Edge will be open, and see it for ourselves!

So, what is your plan of attack? For those of you who plan to brave the crowds, what ideas do you have to maximize your time at Hollywood Studios during the opening weeks of GE? Do you wait an hour before rope drops? Two hours, THREE hours? (Who am I kidding, there’s probably gonna be nuts literally camping out in the parking lot overnight aren’t there?)

What fast passes should we try and get? Will the Star Wars ride be fast pass eligible? Does anyone here have experience with crazy grand openings at Disney World? Like Pandora most recently? What’s your advice on facing this kind of thing head on? 😎 Appreciate your thoughts

KBLovedDisney

Well, since I am going way before the opening date it doesn't affect me.

But to all of the people who are going during the actual time and braving those crowds...
86WHpsM.gif

Upvote 0

Bartledvd

Well the 29th is our HS mornng we booked dinning before this was announced. Trying to change our plans around and avoid HS for the last 9 days of our stay.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Did anyone go to Pandora about 2 weeks after it opened? I'm thinking of doing Galaxy's Edge on 17th September but no idea of what expect.

Visited Pandora 3 months after it opened. Wait times for FoP were still in the 3 hour range and nearly 2 hours for Navi.

Upvote 0
Visited Pandora 3 months after it opened. Wait times for FoP were still in the 3 hour range and nearly 2 hours for Navi.

Was that from queuing up from rope drop and with extra magic hours? I'm thinking of using the Sunday extra magic hours to do Smugglers Run (arrive at 7am) and then having another day just to discover the land.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Was that from queuing up from rope drop and with extra magic hours? I'm thinking of using the Sunday extra magic hours to do Smugglers Run (arrive at 7am) and then having another day just to discover the land.

We had a breakfast at Tuskers at park opening. The line to get into Pandora already reached the Tree. When we finished about 40 minutes later, they were using the wooden bridge to Harambe as overflow for the standby line. 30 minutes before park closing, standby time was around 90 minutes.

I expect GE to experience opening day type crowds and wait times for months.

Upvote 0
We had a breakfast at Tuskers at park opening. The line to get into Pandora already reached the Tree. When we finished about 40 minutes later, they were using the wooden bridge to Harambe as overflow for the standby line. 30 minutes before park closing, standby time was around 90 minutes.

I expect GE to experience opening day type crowds and wait times for months.

I'll just play it by ear then and hope that I can get into the park and on the ride within 6 hours or so if I get there early. Might have to forget about Homecomin 11.30 brunch that day

Upvote 0

Da Bird is Da Word

Original Poster
Jeez, SOMEONE has to be the first guy on the ride. Or at least one of the many on in the first hour. How do I be one of THOSE guys? Guess I’ll see how ridiculously early you have to be once the land opens and gauge whether it would be worth it.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Opening day I plan to be at the Poly, sitting with a Lapu Lapu, and reading a thread from this site (which I'd anticipate will be akin to a Black Friday news story).......all the while.....doing my best imitation of a Mutley laugh.......

Last edited:
Upvote 0

reptar77

Does any one else think this not being a fastpass offering is actually a way to see if Disney should move away from fastpasses altogether? They could see how long the line is and moves as opposed to how quickly slinky dog or flight of passage moved at their openings. Its a long shot but maybe someone thought about it.

I know they have a ton of money in magic bands but people can still use magic bands to enter the park, open room doors, on ride applications, charge purchases, other things i'm missing.
We just booked a DVC room for the end of Sept. The advisor confirmed they are not having Star Wars FP for a couple months after opening. I think this is awesome! Yes the lines will be long but I think it will actually move faster.

Upvote 0

Ariel1986

How early do you think people are going to get there for the 6am rope drop a month in? Do you think there's really going to be a lot of people at 3/4am?

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We will be there at the end of September and EMH will be 6-9am every morning so we're planning to get there at 5:00 on 2 different mornings. I think that should be enough time before EMH begins to get in line yeah?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom