What is your plan of attack for Hollywood Studios?

Da Bird is Da Word

For those of you who are locked in to trips in September and now realize Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge will be open during your stay; what is your plan of attack for Hollywood Studios?

I’ve heard some people say they’re avoiding Hollywood Studios altogether. For a short trip, that might make sense. Me and my girlfriend will be there for 7 nights though, and this is her FIRST time ever going to WDW. So NOT going to Hollywood Studios is not an option. And we may as tell take advantage of the fact that Galaxys Edge will be open, and see it for ourselves!

So, what is your plan of attack? For those of you who plan to brave the crowds, what ideas do you have to maximize your time at Hollywood Studios during the opening weeks of GE? Do you wait an hour before rope drops? Two hours, THREE hours? (Who am I kidding, there’s probably gonna be nuts literally camping out in the parking lot overnight aren’t there?)

What fast passes should we try and get? Will the Star Wars ride be fast pass eligible? Does anyone here have experience with crazy grand openings at Disney World? Like Pandora most recently? What’s your advice on facing this kind of thing head on? 😎 Appreciate your thoughts

nickys

Premium Member
How early do you think people are going to get there for the 6am rope drop a month in? Do you think there's really going to be a lot of people at 3/4am?

It depends on what you mean by “a lot”.

I think there will probably be a couple of hundred each morning by 4am. By 5:30 I would expect the line to be at 500 at least.

The other questions are how early will people not entitled to EEMH be there, and will there be a separate line for them? And also will they have a separate line for those not wanting to go to GE? And if so, when will that line start, eg: at 6am, once GE reaches capacity etc?

Upvote 0

MrHappy

It depends on what you mean by “a lot”.

I think there will probably be a couple of hundred each morning by 4am. By 5:30 I would expect the line to be at 500 at least.

The other questions are how early will people not entitled to EEMH be there, and will there be a separate line for them? And also will they have a separate line for those not wanting to go to GE? And if so, when will that line start, eg: at 6am, once GE reaches capacity etc?
This is and excellent question. I'll be there in October, if I do attempt to be there for the 6am drop, I better not be in a Black Friday at Walmart scene. It needs to be organized and controlled. I guess I have time to scout it out before my Oct trip. I also suppose the Reservation concept at DL may also be in play here, right?

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
This is and excellent question. I'll be there in October, if I do attempt to be there for the 6am drop, I better not be in a Black Friday at Walmart scene. It needs to be organized and controlled. I guess I have time to scout it out before my Oct trip. I also suppose the Reservation concept at DL may also be in play here, right?

So far Disney have said DHS will not be using a reservation system and no time limit in the park.

However a couple of sources here have strongly hinted / suggested there will be a virtual queue system. Exactly how that will work, and when it will start, is not yet clear.

Things could change however. I would expect more details to be announced in the next few weeks, once they have a chance to see how things go at DL after the reservation system finishes.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So far Disney have said DHS will not be using a reservation system and no time limit in the park.

However a couple of sources here have strongly hinted / suggested there will be a virtual queue system. Exactly how that will work, and when it will start, is not yet clear.

Things could change however. I would expect more details to be announced in the next few weeks, once they have a chance to see how things go at DL after the reservation system finishes.

Chaos, that's what DLR will be

Upvote 0

Da Bird is Da Word

Original Poster
Well the Extra Extra Magic Hours where all the parks open at 6am will be in effect for our 09/04 thru 09/11 trip, so that's pretty sweet! Also looks like there will be DAH at Magic Kingdom for our trip too. Looks like the plan of attack will be to rope drop the 6am opening and head straight for Star Wars! Maybe head back to Animal Kingdom Lodge in the afternoon and enjoy the pool or nap, and hit up the parks later that day.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom