What is your favorite WDW resort?

KarenP

Hi! I'm new here and been to WDW 10 times. I wondered what everyone's favorite resort at WDW is. I have seen all of the resorts inside and out, but my favorite is the Polynesian. My family just stayed there in July and I fell in love with it. The rooms are huge. I enjoyed lounging at the pool with the beautiful view across the lagoon. The grounds are so gorgeous. I felt like I was in a tropical paradise.

Karen

wrwrwrwreee1971

with monorail access to mk and epcot, boat access to mk and walking distance to the ttc, polynesian cant be beat. I have never understood how anyone could stay anywhere else. The proximity to everything cant be beat.

Upvote 0

goofyfan13

For me its a really hard choice between Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Polynesian. I'm kinda leaning towards the Polynesian because of the lagoon, MK fireworks at night, and of course the MONORAIL!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Big Pooh

I love the Wilderness Lodge. It's not as convenient as the Poly or Contemporary, but I love the theme. I can't wait to see AKL. It looked great on TV.

Cheers :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
My favorite resort has to be the Polynesian. I have been there twice the last 5 years and love it. The location to the Magic Kingdom is great, the proximity to the ttc is great and getting to MGM is not that bad or to Ak. I love the atmosphere at the Polynesian especially at night when the torches are lit and walking on the beach looking at the castle over the water.

Upvote 0

dreamer

Polynesian, largely for sentimental reasons. It's the only resort my family stayed in before my mom died. We managed to scrape together the exhorbitant $50 per night they charged about 25 years ago. It was much smaller then. I stayed there last year with my wife and it's still fantastic.

Now my family is too big to stay there, and we need a kitchen. We're in the process of checking out the home-away-from-home resorts one at a time, so I can't tell you my favorite of those yet.

Upvote 0

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Originally posted by KarenP
Hi! I'm new here and been to WDW 10 times. I have seen all of the resorts inside and out, but my favorite is the Polynesian.

Karen

That is a very impressive accomplishment! It took me over 40 trips before I saw most of the resorts. I'll let you in on a little secret. They have parks there too! However, I understand that some folks like to "pool hop" while others enjoy the ambiance of a good resort. My favorite resorts include any of the All-Stars. I'm leaving in 2 days!

Upvote 0

Merlin

Account Suspended
Wow!! Clearly, I need to consider staying at the Polynesian on my next visit (which is in just a few short weeks by the way)! I've never stayed there, but I've spent a lot of time walking around the hotel and the grounds. But it sounds like it is the overwhelming winner on this thread (so far anyway)!

If I were to limit it just to the ones where I've stayed, I would rank them in this order:

1) Beach Club - It is a beautiful resort and it's proximity to Epcot (my favorite theme park in the world) can't be beat!

2) Wilderness Lodge - The decor is great and it is the best for all the hidden Mickey's.

3) All Star - Without a doubt, the best value on the entire property.

4) Grand Floridian - The most beautiful hotel on property. If only the rooms were a little larger, it would probably have my #1 or 2 spot.

5) Contemporary - Depending on where your room is, excellent potential for some great views of MK or Bay Lake.

6) Coronado Springs - The best pool on property (yeah, even better than Stormalong Bay...Not like I've pool-hopped or anything <wink wink>). Also, the location is reasonably close to all the action.

7) Caribbean Beach - This one's at the bottom of my list and I suspect it would still be even if I'd stayed everywhere on property. The walls are bit thin (when I stayed there I could hear the couple next door...<ahem>...on their honeymoon)! Plus it is just a little too spread out. I do enjoy walking around the resort during my visits though (just don't think I would stay there again).

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom