What is your Favorite WDW Memories!

BuzzLite_Fran

Original Poster
OK fellow WDW ENTHUSIASTS
I would like to start a thread dealing with favorite memories at WDW.
Everyone sound off with your story. It can be anything you like, maybe a meal memory, meeting a character, special magical moment that a CM did for you, etc. Whatever it is let us kow so we can all share in the memories with you.

Mine is in 2002. My wife, 6 year old daughter and I were riding the bus back to ASMo from Magic kingdom, when my daughter told me in a rather large voice overheard by all on the crowded bus "Thank you Daddy for meaking my dreams come true!" ((I had bought a cinderella dress and the works in the Tinkerbell Treasures shop and surprised her with it during the Share a Dream Come True Parade.! She thought she was in 7th Heaven !!

Of course all the people on the bus did a collective "Ahhhhhh!" which slightly embarassed me but also made me feel good I do make my daughter happy.

:sohappy: :sohappy:

lumpydj

I've got 2.

1 - 2005 - When I did Dive Quest and surprised our our party of 10 while they were eating dinner at the Coral Reef restaurant.:lol:

2 - (I've posted this before so sorry if people are sick of hearing of it -but it's my favorite) When my daughter kissed Prince Charming on the lips - when she was 3 in 2002.:ROFLOL:

EchoOfOphelia

The old days at the Crystal Palace at MK, before it was a character dining.
They had puffed french toast at their buffet that was absolutely delicious! It was thick Texas Toast.. deep fried.. and covered in cinnamon sugar. There were musicians playing, and birds flying around. It was just such a beautiful place.

Now I have to settle making the french toast myself out the mickey cookbook, but its just not the same.

Jessie&Buzz

Great stories!

I have several but the one that stands out the most is from July 2003.

We were at MGM waiting for the Beauty and the Beast show. My hubby had gone to Guest Relations when we entered the park. They told him to be at the show at a certain time. While waiting a CM came over to talk to him. We thought it was just because we were seated in the seats GR told us to go to. Here it was because when Return to Zero (or whatever their stage name is there) was done they called my hubby, myself and our kids to the front of the stage. He was honored for having served not only in Afghanistan but also because he was at the Pentagon on 9-11-01. The whole stadium sang the National Anthem. Talk about chills. I will never forget it as long as I live.

EchoOfOphelia

I've got 2.

1 - 2005 - When I did Dive Quest and surprised our our party of 10 while they were eating dinner at the Coral Reef restaurant.:lol:

2 - (I've posted this before so sorry if people are sick of hearing of it -but it's my favorite) When my daughter kissed Prince Charming on the lips - when she was 3 in 2002.:ROFLOL:

too bad only 3 year olds can get away with that :lookaroun

Ella's Mommy

The old days at the Crystal Palace at MK, before it was a character dining.
They had puffed french toast at their buffet that was absolutely delicious! It was thick Texas Toast.. deep fried.. and covered in cinnamon sugar. There were musicians playing, and birds flying around. It was just such a beautiful place.

Now I have to settle making the french toast myself out the mickey cookbook, but its just not the same.

You are aware that they still have puffed french toast:slurp:

Chezman1399

When I got engaged after Dinner in the castle. The waiter brought the ring over on a covered tray. I saw him coming and started telling her a story about how I was talking to her dad (she wanted me to ask his permission), and as I said what I was asking permission about I uncovered the tray. At that moment I realized that everyone in the place was watching, and I wanted to get down on a knee, but the table and chairs were too high. She started crying and said yes, then after dinner we walked around just so euphoric. It was the greatest moment of my life, and I'm happy it happened there.

Jessie&Buzz

When I got engaged after Dinner in the castle. The waiter brought the ring over on a covered tray. I saw him coming and started telling her a story about how I was talking to her dad (she wanted me to ask his permission), and as I said what I was asking permission about I uncovered the tray. At that moment I realized that everyone in the place was watching, and I wanted to get down on a knee, but the table and chairs were too high. She started crying and said yes, then after dinner we walked around just so euphoric. It was the greatest moment of my life, and I'm happy it happened there.

Awwww, how romantic!

lumpydj

Great memory. You didn't say when this was, but congratulations! :wave:

Chezman1399

Great memory. You didn't say when this was, but congratulations! :wave:

Thanks, it was just over 2 years ago, things happened, which I don't want to go into, and we haven't gotten married yet sadly. I'm living in Alabama now she's still back in PA. We're trying to go back down there for a weekend in October this year, and since I'm seasonal we get cheap room, and it's a free trip into the park, but she doesn't like flying and won't go alone on the plane, her friends are worried about money right now. But I have a room reserved just in case things change. I've thought about flying up there, then flying down, but that will be very expensive. I wish I could fly out of Huntsville and get a connection in Philly.

lumpydj

Thanks, it was just over 2 years ago, things happened, which I don't want to go into, and we haven't gotten married yet sadly. I'm living in Alabama now she's still back in PA. We're trying to go back down there for a weekend in October this year, and since I'm seasonal we get cheap room, and it's a free trip into the park, but she doesn't like flying and won't go alone on the plane, her friends are worried about money right now. But I have a room reserved just in case things change. I've thought about flying up there, then flying down, but that will be very expensive. I wish I could fly out of Huntsville and get a connection in Philly.

Sorry it hasn't happened yet.:( I hope things work out.:eek:

LoriMistress

I've got several memories there, but I'll at least share one.

Back in November 2003 it was my first trip to WDW, and this was when DH and I were on our honeymoon. We arrived at MGM before opening. We chatted with a very nice older CM. He talked to a few CMs, and he came back and told DH and me that we're going to open MGM for the day. We got some nice pictures of just us in the park, and then we "official opened the park."

Later on during the evening, we arrived at Fantasmic! about twenty minutes before the show would start, and the place was packed! A very nice CM noticed we were on our honeymoon and he let us sit front and center of the show! We got the entire bench to ourselves and we had a nice view of the show.

daliseurat

Christmas 1998. My wife and I had neglected to get reservations for Christmas dinner. We had just discovered the California Grill on top of the Contemporary resort a few days earlier, when we stopped for the view and a drink. We decided to take a chance, just in case by some miracle we could eat there for our Christmas Dinner. There were no seats, but we noticed that the Sushi Bar, which also overlooked the kitchen, was open. We asked if we could sit there. And miraculously, we were seated there right away. We then had the good fortune to have the manager and creator of the restaurant, George Miliotes personally wait on us. And let me tell you, this man knows his stuff. He was the entire reason CA GRILL'S wine list was spectacular. He personal chose wines for us to TASTE, before we settled on a bottle. He then helped us select a perfect wine for our dinner and checked on us many times sharing stories and providing the best service I've ever experienced. We also struck up conversations with the Sushi chef, who kept sliding us interesting samples of things he was creating, free of charge. We had a wonderful meal, and to top it off, the lights dimmed, music was piped in and we got to watch the fireworks while we ate dessert. It was the only spontaneos decision we made that trip and it was absolutely the best evening we ever had at WDW.

A little bonus: We always go back to the CA GRILL each trip. And while George Miliotes was manager, he always came over to us, and remembered us, AND what bottle of wine we drank! I was so surprised that he remembered us out of the hundreds, maybe thousands of guest he's taken care of. Sadly, he has since moved on, but wow, what a memory!

kcnole

I have two.

The first is the singular memory that keeps drawing me back to Disney over and over again.

When I was younger my family didn't have a lot of good memories together. Too much of our life consisted of yelling, and fighting, and well you know. There was just something about our Disney vacations however. I don't ever remember one fight or cross word while we were there. Every picture has huge smiles, and my dad hugging my mom, or holding me on his shoulders, etc... There was just something truly magical about WDW that just transformed our family into this Beaver Cleaver family every time we went.

The second one has to do with the old radio station that Disney used to have that you could pick out on the Interstate. We were heading down to Orlando one time, but it wasn't to go to Disney. This was about the time that Disney was first launching MGM. I made my family switch over to this radio station which was very similar to what the parks tv does now. It was advertising the MGM park hard and heavy and man did it make it sound like the most fun place on the planet. My dad got so excited that then and there he announced that he had just decided that we were going to stay for an extra day and go see MGM. And we did. That was the best surprise ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom