What Is Your Favorite Type of Disney Ride? (Thrill-ride, Story Based, Interactive...)

PacMan2006

Original Poster
What are your favorite types of rides...and more specifically...WHY?

For example, there are some people who just love thrill rides. They love Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rockin' Roller Coaster...

Other people might like more fun, "kiddie" type rides like Buzz Light Year or The Teacups ride or Winnie the Pooh or Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...

Others like slower paced rides like Spaceship Earth, Malestrom, etc

Some like interactive rides that manipulate the senses like Mission Space or Drew Carey's sound show or Star Tours, Muppets, How I Shrunk the Audience ...

And others like rides that either are more story based, or sort of put you in the middle of the action like Pirates, Great Movie Ride, and Dinosaur, Safari Ride.

Bobble

I think that all of the rides at Disney are story based. I mean other than the rides for younger audiences like Dumbo, Alladin, etc they all have a story that is told during the ride.

That being said I like the rides that have alot of detail like Splash, HM, and Pirates because you can always see things that you havenever noticed before.

splitdrums81

To me each Disney ride is the same kind because they seperate them form any other company with the quality of their rides, so to me disney should have its own subheading for a certain kind of ride. It should be thrill, slow, and Disney because the quality and detail no other ride is like it and every Disney ride is that -quality & detail.

PacMan2006

Original Poster
I wouldn't say every ride is Story based...you have some rides that are certainly story based--like a Dinosaur with a clear cut objective for the riders.

Then you'll have rides like Test Track which is just a thrill ride, really.

PencilTest

Know what? Sometimes the best rides seem so simple that you're amazed how much you get sucked in. For me, one of my favorites (quite possibly my number one pick) is in Disneyland. And it's StorybookLand. Why? 'Cuz it combines the beautiful attention to detail, the soothing boat ride, and the simple premise of being told a story. I rode that four times in a row during my trip last Summer, and by God I'll ride it four times in a row again next time I'm there. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Tower of Terror, Pirates, and the rest. But man...I fell in love with that little boat ride.

Dukeblue1016

for disney... a mix

I'm thrills all the way, love them! I mean I love everything else in Disney, but like my favorite ride in the world has got to be... Dueling Dragons... but I'd never wanna see something like that at Disney, not unless there was more of a story...

I certainly would love to see a suspended rollercoaster at Disney though, but would have to be themed real well

nighttimewisher

I like the themes and stories that go along with the ride. I think the best example is Splash as there is a *reason* for going up and for going down. Compared to Tidal Wave in Busch Gardens which is just up and down. Same is true of ToT - its not just a drop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom