What is your favorite restaurant in the World?

MickeyKimmy

My husband and I are going back to WDW in September, and we would like to try some new restaurants this time - we actually haven't tried many of the sit-down restaurants yet and I wanted to get some opinions of what other people have really liked. Thanks for any recommendations!

Empress Room

That's a tough question...

There are so many great restaurants in WDW, it's hard to pick. You will get a ton of opinions on this one - it all depends on how much money you want to spend and what kind of experience you are looking for. Some of the restaurants are definite dressy formal ones (Victoria & Albert's) and some that have great food but are just more casual (the theme park restaurants). Here are some of my favorites:

Epcot:

Bistro de France (France, upstairs, dinner only, more expensive)
Chefs de France (France)
San Angel Inn (Mexico)
Teppinyaki Room (Japan)

MGM:

Brown Derby (great Cobb salad!)

Resorts:

Victoria & Albert's (Grand Floridian. Beyond description, very expensive, a definite destination/special occasion dinner)
California Grill (Contemporary Resort. Excellent food and view)
Jiko (Animal Kingdom. Romantic and adventurous. Great filet mignon)
Artist's Point (Wilderness Lodge. Excellent)
Flying Fish (Boardwalk. Very artsy and creative seafood).
Citrico's (Grand Floridian. Open air kitchen. Fresh fare)
Concourse Steakhouse (Contemporary Resort. A hidden gem. One of the best hamburgers for lunch; great steaks for dinner)

Have fun! Try them all!

Upvote 0

tigsmom

My favorites...

Breakfast: The Whispering Canyon Cafe in the WL for the skillet breakfast
Lunch: Marrakesh in Moracco (and a belly dancer, too)
Dinner: Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary

We also liked Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club for their seafood buffet and Chef Mickey's in the Contemporary for Character Breakfast.

We tried the Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time when we were there in July...nice character dinner & the flank steak was :slurp: .

We tend to do only one big meal a day so there are quite a few I still need to try out. :wave:

Upvote 0

namcofl

There are not enough sit-down restaurants at the parks in my opinion. I mean counter service is great and all, but every now and then when I am at Magic Kingdom, I would just love for someone to bring me my food! Animal Kingdom needs one too. Of course, Epcot makes up for shortages at others, and MGM has their share too. Here are my favorites...

Magic Kingdom: Pecos Bill's (Counter Service) or just grab a turkey leg and a frozen lemonade and sit on a bench :)

Animal Kingdom: Tusker House (Counter service) or Flame Trees (Best ribs on the planet)

Epcot: So many choices, but my current favorites are San Angel Inn (Pollo A Las Rajas for Lunch and Filete Motuleno for Dinner) or Le Cellier (everything is good here, especially the bread!) Also, Biergarten is a must for me every October (but I love the food, and I harass the staff by speaking German to them, poorly)

And my knowledge of places at MGM is limited, with it being a short boat ride (or long walk) from Epcot, I have always left MGM and gone to Epcot for food :)

And then when I really feel like splurging... I leave Disney all together and go to the Mall at Millennia and have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
You ask too much

Well, let me dance around this one as best as I can.
My absolute favorite is Victoria and Albert's at GF. With that said, we have only been there a handfull of times as we use it only for very special occasions (as meals are $100-$200 pp)
For regular fine dining, our favorite is Artist Point at WL. Great food, quiet lovely atmosphere, no rushing.

Beyond that there are great places at most of the parks and resorts. Some have already been given, generally I would say Epcot, MGM and the premium hotels give you the most choices.

With all that said, I don't know your tastes or price range, so my best suggestion is to peruse the menu and recommendations for dining at:
http://www.allearsnet.com/din/dining.htm
Enjoy

Upvote 0

dsnygeek

Where do I start??? I will just list a few of our favorites otherwise I will put myself into a state of depression realizing that I still have 114 days until I can eat at any of the following establisments. :(

We like Spoodles on the Boardwalk for breakfast. California Grill for dinner, but that is usually sans kids. Whispering Canyon for dinner with the kids. Our oldest always asks for ketchup! ESPN Club for the chili cheese fries. ESPN is also an awesome atmosphere for Monday Night Football, but you need to arrive early. Beaches and Cream for late night sweets. Prime Time for lunch is good. Concourse Steak House is great, and IMHO better than Yachtsman.

Upvote 0

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
Thank you all for your responses. I hadn't heard much about the Concourse Steakhouse before, but with all the great recommendations I will definitely have to check it out. Artist Point sounds great, and I have always wanted to see WL so now I have two reasons to go there! Thanks again for the recommendations.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

dsnygeek said:
... ESPN Club for the chili cheese fries. ESPN is also an awesome atmosphere for Monday Night Football, but you need to arrive early.

Yummy food and a very fun atmosphere. :sohappy:

We were there in July (after the Dessert Party for the Meet) to grab a late dinner. We ended up on the main floor right in front of the BIG TV...it was a Yankees/ Boston game. :eek:

It seemed like we were the only Yankees fans in the place...couldn't wait to get out. :lol:

Upvote 0

Steamboat_Kevin

MK:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café
Tony's Town Square Restaurant

Epcot:
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Coral Reef Restaurant

MGM:
Sci-Fi Diner

Resorts:
Spoodles
California Grill
Kona Café

:)

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Kona Cafe has some great food...we ate there everyday when we stayed at the Polynesian. Cosmic Ray's only if Sonny is there. :animwink:

Upvote 0

swimmom

'Ohana is our favorite sit down restaurant right now. We will be trying some that we have never been to before on our next trip too.

Upvote 0

MickeyKimmy

Original Poster
'Ohana is one of the two restaurants that I already have a PS at. I have always wanted to try it - glad to hear that you like it. I hope it's yummy! :slurp:

Upvote 0

barnum42

If I was only allowed to eat at one restaurant within my budget it would be Boma.

If someone else was footing the bill then I slip next door to Jiko ;)

Upvote 0

aimster

I usually just do the counter service restaurants since I usually am on a budget. Only sit down restaurant I've been to in all of WDW is the Crystal Palace, but that really doesn't count because it's a buffet. But the food there is great and I'm going to be making priority seating for lunch when I go to Magic Kingdom in a couple weeks.

Upvote 0
Wow, so many to choose!
MK:counter- Cosmic Rays!!! Best topping bar!!!
Epcot:sit-down- Teppanyaki is awesome!
MGM: sit-down- Sci Fi, great atmosphere, not the greatest food but oh well
AK: none :lookaroun

Resorts:
Boma-AKL
Whispering Canyon Cafe-WL

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom