What is your favorite nightime entertainment you like the best?

What is your favorite nightime entertainment you like the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JimboJones123

Main St. Electrical Parade would actually be my favorite.

Synthesized-like voice says, "Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, Disneyland proudly presents our spectacular pagaent of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds. The Main Street Electrical Parade!"

["Fanfare of Lights", Don Dorsey/ASCAP]

(Main Street Electrical Parade soundtrack begins.)

BLUE FAIRY

["Baroque Hoedown", Jean-Jacques Perry/ASCAP and Gershon Kingsley/ASCAP]

A tall Blue Fairy leads the parade (blond woman is the top half). Six attendants are holding up her train on poles.

Casey Jr. Train immediately follows with Goofy in the engine cab. Casey is pulling a float with a big drum that alternates between saying "Main Street Electrical Parade" and "Disneyland Presents" (this year the "Disneyland Presents" is in blue lights). Minnie Mouse, in a red dress with white polka dots, is at the front base of the drum and Mickey Mouse, in a tux, is on the rear top of the drum.

--GAP IN PARADE--

Alice in WONDERLAND

["Alice in Wonderland", Sammy Fain/ASCAP and Bob Hilliard/ASCAP;

"All In The Golden Afternoon", Sammy Fain/ASCAP and Bob Hilliard/ASCAP; "The Unbirthday Song", Mack David/ASCAP, Jerry Livingston/ASCAP, and Al Hoffman/ASCAP]

A spinning green/red bumblebee with flashing stinger and a spinning blue/green spectacled tortoise crazily move about and purposely getting very to close to guests (***this can frighten some toddlers***). Next is a blue topped mushroom with a butterfly on top and a red ladybug at the base. A spinning, head-nodding blue/green snail follows. Then a green mushroom with Alice in a blue dress on top waving with the Chesire Cat at the base blinking on and off leaving only a smile. Alice is saying, "Why, hello everybody. What? How did I get so small and sitting upon this mushroom? Well, that's an interesting story. I was sitting on this river bank with my cat, Deena (sp?) listening to my sister, who..." The White Rabbit with a red blinking heart and a lit cookie prances around the float. A spinning, head-nodding yellow snail and a spinning yellow/green bumbleebee with flashing stinger follow Alice. A red mushroom with a waterpipe smoking caterpillar atop is next with a green bug at the rear base. (The Caterpillar is saying something all the while) Taking up the rear is a spinning turtle with a hat and a long green millipede. (A couple years ago there use to be a large caterpillar float from which dance-around butterflies use to emerge from the covered segments)

--GAP IN PARADE--

CINDERELLA'S BALL

["Cinderella", Mack David/ASCAP, Jerry Livingston/ASCAP, and Al

Hoffman/ASCAP] Four dancing mice "pull" Cinderella's pumpkin carriage. A coachman drives while Cinderella, in a purple gown and lit tiara, sits inside. The Fairy Godmother waving her magic wand rides on the outside rear. Four couples dance under a canopy held by six non-lit post holders. A float with Prince Charming and the glass slipper, a fountain in the middle and the two evil step-sisters yelling and fighting in the back. Followed by a matching set of four couples dancing under a canopy held by six non-lit post holders. A big blue Big Ben float shows us it is midnight.

--GAP IN PARADE --

PETER PAN & PIRATE SHIP

["You Can Fly", Sammy Fain/ASCAP and Sammy Cahn/ASCAP, The Elegant Captain Hook, Following The Leader]

Captain Hook's ship with Peter Pan and Capt. Hook fighting on deck. Tinker Bell (just lights) circles the mast. Mr. Smee in a spinning row boat follows the ship.

-- GAP IN PARADE --

DUMBO'S CIRCUS

[C"asey Jr.", Ned Washington/ASCAP and Frank Churchill/ASCAP; "Entry Of The Gladiators". Fucik/P.D.]

A large green hippo with blinking eyes pulls a calliope with a king lion (not TLK, maybe from Robin Hood) inside playing the keyboard. Followed by 2-ring circus float with Dumbo waving a feather at the front and a clown/magician with magic hat performing in the rear. Next float: a lit bear with a honey pot on his head (not Pooh) walks on barrels while spinning rings on limbs. Next is another 2-ring circus float with a clown magician performing a magic trick (2 covers) and a juggling clown. Followed by a pink elephant with blue collar (Dumbo's mom?) holding an umbrella while giving himself a shower.

-- GAP IN PARADE --

DWARF MINE

["It's Mine", Don Dorsey/ASCAP; "Heigh Ho", Frank Churchill/ASCAP and Larry Morey/ASCAP]

Dopey is driving a four car mine train loaded with jewels. Snow White walks around with Doc, Grumpy and Bashful (I think) who have lighted helmets and carry lanterns. Next are three pick-ax wielding dwarves (Sneezy, Happy, Sleepy (?)) working a jewelled mine float.

-- GAP IN PARADE --

PINOCCHIO AT PLEASURE ISLAND

["I've Got No Strings", New Washington/ASCAP; "Over The Waves", Modest Mussorgsky/P.D.]

Boy head float with Pleasure Island elements. A pair of half-boy/half- donkey characters walk around the float. Next is another Pleasure Island themed float (spinning 11 billiard ball and four cigar indians) with Pinocchio and Lampwick up front.

-- GAP IN PARADE --

PETE'S DRAGON

["Boo Bop BopBop Bop (I Love You Too)", "Brazzle Dazzle Day", and "It's Not Easy" all by Al Hoffman/ASCAP and Al Kasha /ASCAP]

One float with Pete on top of Elliot who puffs smoke from his nostrils and carries a lantern on his tail. ***the puffing smoke may frighten small children as Elliot sometimes shoots at the guests*** Pete is saying, "Hey Elliot, say something to all these people. Can you all understand dragon talk? I can, you can't. Elliot just wished all of you a razzle dazzle zing..."

-- GAP IN PARADE --

TO HONOR AMERICA

["O Columbia the Gem of the Ocean" and "Yankee Dooble, the Stars and Stripes Forever, Traditional/P.D.; "Yankee Doodle"", Traditional/P.D.; " The Stars and Stripes Forever", Sousa/P.D.

Long float of with red, white and blue and simulated fireworks. In back is american bald eagle. Bringing up the rear are all-American Girls who hold a rope while others start removing the crowd restraining ropes.

--PARADE ENDS--

JimboJones123

Beware of the Hippo

But Beware of the Hippo

A11-10.jpg

A11-11.jpg

Courtesy: Laughingplace.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom