What is your favorite _____ at the United Kingdom

guwag

The Ploughmans that the do in the Rose and Crown is excellent I think, the Stilton cheese sauce has huge lumps of cheese in it, it's wonderful :slurp: . I just wish I was 21 so I could have a nice, cold pint in there after a whole day wandering round Epcot :)

Slinky Dog

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
:p.S. off topic - were the bootleg beatles good then? I am going to a New years eve party this year and Im sure its the bootleg beatles that are going to be there onstage...

I saw them at Glastonbury a few years ago, they were excellent, a real good laugh - perfect for a New Year party!

Guwag, I know what you mean about the 21 thing, when I was 18, it used to be very frustrating not being able to have a drink in WDW, I'm 28 now and they STILL ask me for ID (I know Disney have to be very careful) - I could take it as flattery I suppose, but a bit annoying having to carry my passport everywhere.

End of thread drift :D

Eljay

As the the UK pavillion, I always enjoy the WS Players, but have never managed to catch the Beatles tribute band - are they as good as the Bootleg Beatles? Have never eaten at the Pub, I do enough of that at home! [/B][/QUOTE]

Not sure about the Bootleg Beatles, but our British Invasion is very good. I never miss them. It always amazes me how many Brits do eat at the Rose & Crown. You'd think they would want to do different things while away from home! I guess it's a comfort zone. I highly recommend the R&C, especially for Illuminations viewing!

djmatthews

I think the pavillion is lovely - not true, but lovely. I agree with you guys though, a traditional english pub, which I couldn't drink in. The most annoying thing is the Bass sign outside... I was working for them at the time of my last visit!!!!!

pezheadval

Originally posted by rosie.ca
the little miss and mr. books... why yes i am 24.... :sohappy:

I love them too! And I'm so glad that my daughter is starting to like them, too!

I also love the Fish & Chips! A must have!!!

thumper

Originally posted by crazygirley
I like the store with all of the tea, that turns into the store with all of the candy, that turns into the store with all of the fragrances.

I love that store too! Last year I bought a cutting board with teacups on it - it's too pretty to use! We also went and bought some candy as a quick snack (it was similar to a Mounds bar, which is milk chocolate and coconut inside..does anyone know what it's called?) :confused:

And of course...we love the Fish and Chips eatery! :slurp:

mkymaus

Account Suspended
My kids laugh at me cause I HAVE to have Fish n Chips and a couple Black N Tan's!! And we HAVE to watch the British Invasion. They are simply awesome!!! It is not a complete visit to Epcot without doing these three things....IMO!

:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

I can taste it now!!!
:sohappy:

Originally posted by spinsurgeon
what a great idea! I think I'd rather have the boiled bacon with floury spuds though, washed down with a pint of Smithwicks. But what else would be in the pavilion? A mix of Dublin and the West? A U2 tribute band? A repro Blarney Stone:kiss:? An Irish dancing troupe? And since Ireland has the same population as Norway, maybe Disney should seriously consider it. But where would it go?

yeah, and every day a guy dressed up as De Lavera can walk over to the German pavillion and sign a condolence book for Hitler. Or have German U-boats parked outside in the lagoon. Yes folks, Ireland is a marvellous country!

MillVillDavid

MicBat

I love the way the UK pavillion feels.. it feels as if it's a storybook or something... I'm pretty sure the real one is nothing like the pavillion, though.

guwag

It all depends, some small villages are quite like the UK pavillion, other parts (like Hatfield where my Uni is) are crap, there is a wide variation across the country.

djmatthews

Originally posted by guwag
It all depends, some small villages are quite like the UK pavillion, other parts (like Hatfield where my Uni is) are crap, there is a wide variation across the country.

I have to agree!!!

Irrawaddy Erik

Crazy Brits HAHAHAHAHA

All of the pavillions are highly stylized good or bad....Kind of like a whole nations history in a 30 second infomercial

djmatthews

What would make it more realistic would be a curry house or Chinese take-away instead of chippy, a stylish wine bar instead of pub, a starbucks and a Tesco. He He He.

guwag

Originally posted by djmatthews
Hmmmm. I guess, although McDonalds are not doing so well here now, and I think globally. YEY!

Good, I prefer Burger King anyway - it's an unmissable part of any Floridian Holiday (The Burger King by Old Town, Kissimmee is visited almost every other night by my family during our holidays to WDW, lol)
As for the Virgin Megastore, just go to Downtown Disney:West Side for a VM that is actually bigger than the one at London's Piccadilly Circus, lol

djmatthews

Originally posted by guwag

As for the Virgin Megastore, just go to Downtown Disney:West Side for a VM that is actually bigger than the one at London's Piccadilly Circus, lol

Is it really? Did not know that. Is it bigger than the Oxford Street branch too? Personally I prefer HMV!

guwag

Don't know about that one, haven't been in the Oxford Street branch lately. I don't like the Picadilly Branch cos I never found any Disney CDs last time :( :lol:
MVC is much better - it's cheaper :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom