What is your earliest memory of WDW?

What a great thread! My first memory is also walking down around Fantasyland. I was 6 and my sister was 4, and she wanted to walk but my mom brought an umbrella stroller because she knew she would get tired. And sure enough, about an hour in she wanted to use the stroller.

pixiesteno

February '72 -
- If you had wings
- Flight to the Moon - I threw a fit, I remember crying saying I don't want to go to the moon; boy was my mom ed at me
- Orange Bird
- Skyway
- COP
- there was a small parade in Liberty Square with the fife & drum and they picked my oldest brother to march in it and then gave him a copy of the Declaration of Independence
- Circle Vision 360 - not sure if this was the '72 or '76 trip; can you say motion sickness
A- E tickets
Diamond Horseshoe Review

chasraz

I remember using up all my tickets and then riding -If you had Wings- over and over and over. Going to River Country and catching love bugs and feeding to the fish while I was swimming. I couldn't believe how big Tom Sawyer's Island was compared to DL and I didn't want to leave it.

Great Memories !

EpScott

The main thing I remember about my trip to WDW back in 1981 is not understanding the scope of the resort! I was 10 years old, so my idea of the Magic Kingdom was that it was comparable in size to something along the lines of a county fair. I figured we would hop in the old '80 Gran Fury, drive 900 miles, pull off the interstate and it would be right there----kinda like stopping at a Cracker Barrel or McDonald's------just that easy!!! I couldn't fathom a place as vast as WDW (heck, Epcot was still over a year away from opening---if that had been there my first time, I really would have been knocked for a loop!!!)
My first memory is the Monorail ramp; I remember seeing the special Oscar for Snow White and Walt's office desk at the Disney Story on Main Street; I remember I HAD to see Space Mountain----I didn't even know that it was a roller coaster, and to be honest with you, I don't even know how I knew about it in the first place-----I must have seen a picture of it somewhere, because I wasn't a Disney fanatic until after that trip!!!) One more thing I remember-----my favorite part of the entire trip-----was the Main Street Electrical Parade; I was totally enthralled by that and the music stuck with me permanently!:)

But my favorite memory was the Bi-centennial year celebration 1975

I remember that parade as well. Wasn't there a big drum that drove down Main Street. I still remember waiting for that parade. A CM came up & was talking to me (age 5) about a cap I was wearing. The next thing I knew, he took my hat & starting running down the street - mom caught a photo of it. I still don't think that was very nice of the CM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom