What is your all time favorite resort?

Figment632

What is your favorite hotel/resort in WDW and why?

My favorite is and always has been the Contempory because its just so cool. It is just fun to be inside, has my favorite restaurant in WDW Cali Grill. I love the monorail going through, its just great.

What is yours?

Tink *~*~*

For theming, my fave is Port Orleans French Quarter.

But for location and cost, it's the Swolphin. I usually stay on Starwood points, and it's walking distance to my favorite park - EPCOT.

Upvote 0

jjbuster2

Overall...POFQ...
It's small, centrally located, quiet, relaxing, wonderful decor on property, excellent pool and slide (by no means a thrill ride but my DD is young), and it being a moderate the price is right. Out of our 8 trips 4 have been staying there.

If money were no object AKL...
The savanna room is an attraction to itself, Boma has become a must do with us, and the overall theme of the resort is incredible...but it is out there (far from MK) and i don't remember the buses were all that (i think we used our car many times while there).

POP is our current alternate with POFQ...theme is good, we stay in preferred room (usually near the Baloo statue), buses not all that but we always have our car. This resort is favorite for "well, we could squeeze in another WDW trip if we can cut a couple of costs".

Overall...POFQ :sohappy:

Upvote 0
We have not stayed at all of them, but we've tried CB, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL, BC, GF and Poly. Of these, my first pick is Poly hands down. It feels like paradise. My second choice would be a tie between WL and CB (CB for sentimental reasons--our first trip with DS when he was 2--magical!).

Upvote 0
My favourite that I have stayed at is POFQ.. My favourite of those I haven't stayed at is the Polynesian.. I just wish the Poly was more in our price range (Canadian to US dollar conversion eats up some funds). One day I will stay there though..

Upvote 0

tikiman

Polynesian.

I have tried the Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Pop Century, Swan, Dolphin and have been at every resort including in most of the rooms but the Polynesian is still my favorite.

After seeing all the others I have no desire to stay at the Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge but I have always wanted to try the Contemporary and visit it every time I am there. The AKL would be up there if it were not for the pool and location but I eat there almost every visit and have stayed a few times. I don't much care for the Boardwalk but it is a fun location. Out of all the Epcot resorts I like the Yacht Club the best. I would like to try some of the moderates. I don't think I will ever stay at the All Star.

So far the Polynesian gives me everything I need from the transportation to the theme to the food.

I will keep trying other resorts and we split our stay just about every visit.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Polynesian!
I love the restaurants, the beach, the fireworks view, the hand held dole whip machine, being on the monorail line, the tons of hidden mickeys and most of all...the theming! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

(surprise) The Poly, no question. But I have NEVER disliked a stay at any Disney resort, whether it was concierge at a deluxe or a standard room at a value, they've all been fantastic vacations.

Upvote 0

wdwfan100

As the Avatar show its the polynesian. There is something that is like a stress relief switch being thrown whenever I go there. I like the Yacht Club and the Beach Club too. If I could only stay at one, it would be the Poly

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Whenever this question comes up, I'm always torn between Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. GF has more restaurants etc. and bigger rooms.

But for pure theming, I have to go with the Lodge.

Upvote 0

Andy Walker

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge a few years ago for our honeymoon-absolute heaven!
The view you get when you first drive up to it is unforgettable.The main reception area is stunning, the views and general location are amazing, the pool area is charming (especially when the family of ducks visit) and the memory of walking down that jetty to catch the boat to MK will stay with me forever.
Seven days to our next trip-yeehah!!!! (Not staying at WL though, boo-hoo)

Upvote 0

bgraham34

My favorite resort to stay at is the Wilderness Lodge. I am not exactly sure how many stays I have there but its around 6 I think. I honestly feel it is a home away from home. I am know a member of DVC and love staying there. I do love walking around the Poly and would love to stay there one day.

Upvote 0

Wakkie Nu Nu

probably CBR here, with POR a close second.... on the deluxe front, it would be Poly, we just usually can't justify the bump in cost from the moderates (monorail access being the most significant selling point)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom