what is this?

stockboy3796

Original Poster
over at epcot. in the world showcase, in between the united kingdom and canada, there are those big brown doors blocking off entrance to the back stage area.ok. now one day i say those doors open, just for a minute, and saw this big huge store, like a mega mart type store, but disney style. I was just wondering if anybody else has seen this, and or knows what it is, or am i crazy.

I know I should have taken a pic, next time I go I will.

dizneykev

Sounds like you saw the entrance to what used to be the Millennium Village. They use this now for seminars, lunches and special occassions. Last time we ate there for the Mother's Day brunch. It is really nothing more than a huge exposition hall dressed up with tables and buffet lines for the brunch.

Dizneykev

I.M.Fearless

It's really too bad they didn't keep it open. That was easily the best part of World Showcase for a period of time. All of the pavilions should be like the Millenium Village.

Captain Hank

i<3disney4ever said:
why did they ever take it away anyway?? it was pretty kool, i really liked it!
Many of the exhibits weren't originally created for Millenium Village, and didn't belong to Disney, and thus were only scheduled to be there for a limited amount of time.

Pioneer Hall

The contracts with those countries were only good for the length of the Millenium Celebration. It probably cost a lot to get all the cast members from those 20+ countries. It is unfortunate that it could not last longer because it was a really nice touch to world showcase.

tinkish

Oh! you all must be talking about that building I saw that appeared to have a seminar going on inside it. I was wondering about that. I thought it was some sort of meeting for employees or something.

LivinWitTheLand

I believe they hold the annual pin trading gathering that takes place in early September there. If you are there usually around Sept 10 and feel like paying the admission charge it sounds like a really fun event!

i<3disney4ever

Captain Hank said:
Many of the exhibits weren't originally created for Millenium Village, and didn't belong to Disney, and thus were only scheduled to be there for a limited amount of time.

oooooooo okay thanks for the info!! :)

righttrack

We spent a lot of time in the millenium village in 2000. It was nice, and "completed" WS since there was such participation from other countries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom