What is there to do @ Wide World of Sports?

El Guapo

Original Poster
Have seen all the hype about rebranding, but I must admit I still don't understand the complex. Other than special events, is there anything for a family to do there on an average day?

Thanks!

PoohNTink02

don't think so

To my knowledge, it's for sporting events (cheerleading, soccer, etc.) & you can catch the Atlanta Braves Spring Training there.. otherwise not meant to be part of a typical family vacation

MSaboCLBR

For the average WDW guest, not much, unless you like to watch youth sports.

There are occasional big events like Braves spring training games and a professioanl socccer tournament or the Globetrotters.

Usually it is youth amatuer sports going on all the time. There always seems to be tournaments and competitions going on for baseball, softball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, football, cheerleading, lacrosse, and probably a few other sports.
It is one of the finest youth sports facilites in the country.

It brings a lot of athletes and their families to WDW during the time they are competing.

MSaboCLBR

There is always a lot going on there, just not for the average vacation family. It is another way for Dinsey to bring a lot of people onto property and have them spend all their time there. Usually for teams coming in the package they get includes stays at Disney hotels (usually All Star Sports or Carribean Beach Resort) and also includes park passes.

If you have kids in sports and they ever get a chance to play there, do it. It is an unbelievable experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom