What is the worst ride or show at WDW?

BigNorm

Cirle of Life in the Land. Is it still there after the rehab? Visited it once when it first opened and never returned to it. Very boring and too preachy.

I'm not crazy about Hall of Presidents either. I only visit every four to eight years. Playhouse Disney or Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage aren't really high on my must list either.

I have another one to add. MGM's Magic of Disney Animation right after they closed their animation studios. Not only did they replace the old intro movie with one of much less entertainment value, but it was also cut very short. It was so depressing to walk down that hallway where you used to be able to see all the animators working, but instead only see blocked out windows. It was basically a crappy, abbreviated version of the wonderful ride it once was. As a Disney animation fan and future animator, I died a little inside :cry:

The pre-show movie for HISTA that they have now is terrible. It's pretty much a 10 minute add for Kodak film (if I remember correctly) that was so sappy, it made me want to kill......then :hurl: That was the 1st time I ever went on HISTA so I can't compare it to the other movies, but that's enough to keep me away from that show for a long time (I wasn't too impressed with it anyways).

I don't see why everybody is picking on Rio de Tiempo and O' Canada. I found Rio de Tiempo to be a nice relaxing ride and the IASW parallel is just kinda funny to me. And as for O' Canada.....well, c'mon people, it's Canada. Considering that Canada isn't all that interesting and exotic in the first place (no offense to any Canadians:lookaroun), I think they did a relatively good job with it and I like the 360.

KaliSplash

How can anyone say the Country Bear Jamboree. Big Al's 'Blood on the Saddle' is worth the price of admission.

The really dippy ones are Dumbo, the Flying Elephant, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Triceratops Spin, The Astro Orbiter, The Indy speedway, the Tea Cups, the old Mike Fink Keelboats, the Living Seas, Circle of Life.

LMW

i have to agree with the keel boats at MK, along with the island they take you too (is it tom sawyers island?) unless you are 12 and under you don't really get anything out of it. and also, (i have never been on it) but the steamboat at MK looks kinda boring too.

Frank Stallone

As a former cast member at the Backlot Tour, I have to agree that it is certainly lacking since Residential Street was removed.

It might just be my sense of humor, but I find Maelstrom and El Rio Del Tiempo to be the funniest/most enjoyable rides on property. As a cast member, me and friends used to go on those all the time and always got a good laugh out of them.

In fact, I used to use the "ye are not the first to pass this way....nor shall you be the last" line from Maelstrom while entering Catastrophe Canyon on the Backlot Tour.

Edeyore

dixiegirl said:
come on..there are some people who still stick their 12year old :sohappy: s in them i'm sure you won't look odd in one..besides, we are talking about a place that people walk around with either their face painted or mickey ears on their heads!!! you won't look out of place...lol

My god you're right!!! I going to go next week and get a stroller, and
get my face painted and get a pair of mickey ears. You're sure it doesn't
matter that I'm 44. lol

Edeyore

Okay everybody you need to get out and about, to all the parks. This post
asked what is the worst ride or show in WDW. Have none of you seen "Tarzan Rocks". Take some great Phil Collins songs and have them sung by a lounge singer wannabe, with a bunch of kids skating in circles. The
Holiday Inn and your local skate park is more entertaining.

MichelleBelle

I think all this has been said but:

Tom Sawyer Island, SGE, and the Backlot Tour really disappoint me... the Backlot Tour could be really great but it's just like left to die out in the back of the park. Oh well.

As far as shows, Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney (animated) movie but the show makes me cringe! They definately need to replace that and FAST.

Oh, and I love coasters, but I couldn't wait to get off Primevil Whirl.

It's not that I think these attractions are terrible but they definately could be better or be replaced.

Actually (EDIT) Now that I think of it... Journey Into Imagination IS terrible. It's like a mockery of the original. I actually got MAD on that ride.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Goofy23 said:
I will get flamed, but -- Soarin'.
that is odd..............

i personally think that premival whirl and the speedway. if the speedway was updated to this century standards then i would probably be fine with it, but i guess it appeals to a much younger generation..... that is only fare.

but premival whirl still "blank blankety blank" :D

WDW_Sam

KaliSplash said:
How can anyone say the Country Bear Jamboree. Big Al's 'Blood on the Saddle' is worth the price of admission.

The really dippy ones are Dumbo, the Flying Elephant, the Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Triceratops Spin, The Astro Orbiter, The Indy speedway, the Tea Cups, the old Mike Fink Keelboats, the Living Seas, Circle of Life.
The only ones i disagree with you there are:

1) Living seas is totally awesome!
2) Circle of life is a Disney Classic and should remain forever! Lol

Sam

PirateStagehand

Body Wars! It's just brutal. I don't get sick on rides but I've only gone on this once and I felt like death coming off. I could live without Tarzan or Sounds Dangerous. SD was the only ride/show that my father questioned the quality of when he went for the 1st time last January.

alya922

BatB is just the worst! A teapot that's bigger than I am, a Gaston in a flesh-colored muscle suit, bad costumes, BAD wigs, oh Lord I could just go on! (i think I just did :) ) But the current Imagination just kills me....talk about slaughtering a classic. *sigh* I miss the old Imagination,WoM, Horizons... I'm not a huge fan of Test Track or Mission Space either. They just sort of bore me I guess; not worth the wait in line IMO. But maybe it's because I miss what used to be there *sniffle*

psuchad

WEDROD said:
Am I the only one that thinks that the Indiana Stunt Show needs to go. Man that thing is a waste of good space.

I liked the show but it needs to be reworked. I have seen it so many times and it is very old.

sleepybear

Anything at MGM that pretends they're a real, working studio. It amazes me how the backlot tour was so skimpy with the movie memorabilia. Disney has made a gazillion movies. Certainly they have more to display than that spaceship/giant clam from "Flight of the Navigator." I went on it for the first time in 10 years recently and was shocked by its overwhelming s__________ess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom