What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (Quality-wise)

What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (quality)

• Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 136 68.7%
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Slinky Dog Dash

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Toy Story Mania

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

QuasiNoFroyo

believe it or not, I LOVE that ride. I went on it thinking it would be lame. My neck cannot take much anymore, and I can't do real "spinning" rides (teacups- barf). *** is just fun. It has a tiny spinner bit.. but it's also like the old whip rides. yet it's sooo smooth, it doesn't hurt my neck. I also think it's an amazing ride for very little ones, which is important for H.S. To each their own, of course. I just remember the coasters that kill my neck are no longer for me, and spinning rides never have been. Now, I can argue it should absolutely be a bit longer, and they could have made the claw go up and down for extra oomph, but it's a fun little ride!
I would mainly ride it for the music next time I ever go to Hollywood Studios. It certainly looks like a better ride than Primeval Whirl, Imagination with Figment, and especially the Tomorrowland Speedway.

David1111

Whatever posters voted for ToT I can only assume are trolling. I don't really get how one could vote for RNRC, Star Tours, or TSMM either when A S S exists and is of clearly lower quality. Weird.
Right. The thread specifically asks for quality and not personal enjoyment, so I don't see how someone could say Tot is not of the highest quality in the park. Heck, even TSMM may not be as high quality, but TSMM has an epic soundtrack and arguably the best gameplay in any theme park ride ever. I'd assume if someone votes for others beside AlienSS it's because they are looking at it in terms of rides at that level versus comparing them directly, but I don't really see the case for Tot at all.

KINGLOUIS1993

Feels like a technicality. Alien Swirling Saucers is a ride you can look at and know it's pretty poor for Disney standards.

I've been on it and it rode like it looked...crap and inexcusable as 1 of the 2 new attractions in TSL.

Let's not get on a high horse on opinion and data needed to form an opinion. There are 2 votes for Tower of Terror in this thread. I mean, what more can you say?
Exactly what I was going to put, I haven't been on it yet but from what I have seen I have been on very similar rides to it before and for a new land it isn't really a show stopper of a ride.

graphite1326

GUEST_605f7537-08de-414c-a7d0-83d1f80f3365

*I have ridden

But more to the point: What does "empirical evidence" have to do with forming an opinion about the quality of a ride?

Think about it this way:
"What is your least favorite color?"
"Orange"
"WRONG. I HAVE SEEN ALL THE COLORS AND CAN THUS OPINE ON THEIR RELATIVE QUALITY BASED ON EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE!!!!!"

You see how bat-guano insane that is?
I think it was a typo and meant to have "rode" (ridden) in there.

Lighten Up Francis

JohnD

Aliens isn't the "worst" as in horrible but as with all rankings, something has to be ranked #1 and something has to be ranked last. I would rank it last but it's still an enjoyable time-waster.

rct247

I'm a fan of Aliens, but it is the weakest RIDE in the park. I'd be curious if you compare it to all the other attractions though.

I think Aliens still beats out:
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Path of the Jedi
  • Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

Goofyernmost

Exactly. The fact that Tower of Terror now has 3 VOTES and Slinky has NONE.o_O
Cmon people seriously?!
Whatever, we do, lets not take into account that Slinky and Alien is in a land called Toy Story Land and therefore not intended to be loved or even approved of by adults. In the Disney way, however, it is able to have Adults riding with their children therefore following the words of Walter E. Disney... Something that children and parents can do together. It's a crying shame that not every attraction is built strictly for alleged adults.

It seems pretty obvious to me that based on the votes, there have been very few family oriented people participating. My opinion is of all the parks, for its intended purpose, there are no loser attractions in DHS. Just line it up with intent and it all fits perfectly.

Last edited:

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I'm a fan of Aliens, but it is the weakest RIDE in the park. I'd be curious if you compare it to all the other attractions though.

I think Aliens still beats out:
  • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
  • Path of the Jedi
  • Star Wars Launch Bay
  • Muppet Vision 3D
  • Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy
yea i’m going to be making polls for all parks and as well as all different topics like worst show, best show, etc! i hope people don’t get annoyed 😅

Goofnut1980

I like the rides at Disney. They just need better maintenance for the attractions to keep them as they were when they opened. Simple things in each ride tend to break or get shut off, and they don't fix or turn them back on. They can have such an amazing attention to detail and sometimes those details are forgotten.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom