What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (Quality-wise)

What is the worst ride in Hollywood Studios? (quality)

• Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 136 68.7%
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Votes: 16 8.1%
  • Slinky Dog Dash

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Star Tours - The Adventures Continue

Votes: 31 15.7%
  • Toy Story Mania

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Votes: 8 4.0%

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
I decided to (Just for fun!) do which is the best and worst ride in each park based on overall quality of attraction. This includes story, theme, thrill, queue, and overall experience of the ride.
I'll start with the weakest WDW park, HS, so what do you think is the worst attraction in this park? This one is pretty easy, honestly, haha. Although, not every attraction exceeds at certain categories and consider all factors, not just if it's a thrill ride. Also, I've decided to just do "Rides" not shows, meet and greets, etc because than I would have to a ton of different attractions for the poll which would be annoying and really long.
I will also update all the polls, although I doubt either of the Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge rides will be the weakest in the park.

Also, let's please make this a nice conversation. We should all get along haha.

Let's vote and discuss!

AndyS2992

Star Tours since it's literally just a screen in a box that moves back and forth slightly. Though my actual least favourite ride at Hollywood Studios is Muppetvision 3D. It's old, looks dated and it's not funny. I find the Muppets in general only seem to appeal to Americans and nobody else really so as an international visitor it's really not for me. Though Frank Oz was born in my city so there's that.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
TSM - I don't get it. It's fine, but it's a carnival game. I've never enjoyed it.

Side rant - a lot of folks here like to complain about rides they don't like and call for their removal/replacement. To me, that is shortsighted and is wishing for something that is not in your best interest. I LOVE the popularity of TSM - it means there are a whole lot of people in line for it instead of anything I actually want to ride. Think about that the next time you want something you dislike torn down.

Plus, I'm a firm believer in the "don't yuck someone else's yum."

QuasiNoFroyo

So if you haven't been on it, how can you "definitely" say it's the worst? I just do not understand that response.
Because let's face it, it's just a generic flat carnival ride with not much to it other than spinning around in circles, and none of the other rides at HS have that distinction.

QuasiNoFroyo

MK:
Best ride = Splash Mountain
Worst ride = Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot:
Best ride = Test Track
Worst ride = Journey Into Imagination with Figment

HS:
Best ride = Tower of Terror
Worst ride = Alien Swirling Saucers

AK:
Best ride = Expedition Everest
Worst ride = Primeval Whirl

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Because let's face it, it's just a generic flat carnival ride with not much to it other than spinning around in circles, and none of the other rides at HS have that distinction.
But you haven't been on it. So how can you, again, in your words, "definitely" say that it is the worst ride in the park? You're repeating what others have said and espousing it as your own opinion. If you've never been on a ride, I think it is presumptuous to offer a "definite" opinion about such a ride.

QuasiNoFroyo

But you haven't been on it. So how can you, again, in your words, "definitely" say that it is the worst ride in the park? You're repeating what others have said and espousing it as your own opinion. If you've never been on a ride, I think it is presumptuous to offer a "definite" opinion about such a ride.
Look, I've been on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at California Adventure (which is actually somewhat fun but just not remarkable) and seeing how A.S.S. is a direct clone of that, it automatically gets last place for me of all the rides at HS. None of the other rides at HS seem to be clones of anything else (aside from technically Star Tours which existed at both Anaheim and Tokyo prior to being at HS) and they all do much more than just traveling in circles, thus making them all that much more re-rideable.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Look, I've been on Mater's Junkyard Jamboree at California Adventure (which is actually somewhat fun but just not remarkable) and seeing how A.S.S. is a direct clone of that, it automatically gets last place for me of all the rides at HS. None of the other rides at HS seem to be clones of anything else (aside from technically Star Tours which existed at both Anaheim and Tokyo prior to being at HS) and they all do much more than just traveling in circles, thus making them all that much more re-rideable.
OK. I'm glad you're so willing to give "definite" opinions on things you've never done. I don't think I'll be subscribing to your newsletter.

QuasiNoFroyo

OK. I'm glad you're so willing to give "definite" opinions on things you've never done. I don't think I'll be subscribing to your newsletter.
I was only here to vote on a fun poll centered around Hollywood Studios attractions (as few as there are as of right now) and express my opinion (which is really neither positive nor negative in this case), not get in an argument with some random stranger I've never even met before. Find something better to do with your time.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
I was only here to vote on a fun poll centered around Hollywood Studios attractions (as few as there are as of right now) and express my opinion (which is really neither positive nor negative in this case), not get in an argument with some random stranger I've never even met before. Find something better to do with your time.
Sure thing. I've never flown AeroMexico, but I will DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY, 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT say they are the worst airline in the world because they are an airline with seats, just like American, Delta, etc. Words have meaning. Use them wisely.

QuasiNoFroyo

Sure thing. I've never flown AeroMexico, but I will DEFINITELY, ABSOLUTELY, 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT say they are the worst airline in the world because they are an airline with seats, just like American, Delta, etc. Words have meaning. Use them wisely.
Geez, there was no need to get so defensive over my otherwise lukewarm opinion of some presumably harmless and not-so-significant kiddie ride. Why don't you go out and express your own opinion of what you think is the worst HS ride instead of caring so much about what other people (me included) have to say?

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Look right above your "definite" opinion about A.S.S. And you might want to read (and heed) my words. They will serve you well.

For the record, I think A.S.S. is the second-worst in the park. But, unlike you, I have read all 6 rides in the park, and can thus opine on their relative quality based on empirical evidence.

To ME:

1. ToT
2. SDD
3. Star Tours
4. R'n'R
5. A.S.S.
6. T.S.M.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
How can you say that "definite," as applied to an opinion, about a ride you never rode, was used in an "objective" sense? Asking for a friend.

Paper straw fan

MK:
Best ride = Splash Mountain
Worst ride = Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot:
Best ride = Test Track
Worst ride = Journey Into Imagination with Figment

HS:
Best ride = Tower of Terror
Worst ride = Alien Swirling Saucers

AK:
Best ride = Expedition Everest
Worst ride = Primeval Whirl

Pretty good though, personally that’s 6.5/8

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom