What is The Weirdest/Funniest Thing That You've Seen at Disney?

daringstoic

During my first week as a CM I was working the Splash Fastpass entrance late one night. I had spoken to a family with a too-short toddler a few minutes earlier and they weren't happy about having to do a rider switch. Suddenly, I realized that they had tied him to a fence with his child leash like a horse at a hitching post and gone on the ride without him. The CM at the standby entrance was just as new as I was and we both spent a minute gaping at the sight before agreeing that one of us was going to have to head to the phone to call security. The parents ended up returning before we could call so the kid must've been there for a while before we noticed him. I'm still baffled by it 12 years later.

pb174

We were at AK recently and I'm in the washrooms at Pizzafari, when I see this lady pull a "Satuli Canteen" plate out of her backpack and start to wash it in the sink! My guess is she's collecting the whole set!! LOL

SeaCastle

My first (and only) UFO sighting was at EPCOT in the skies over Imagination a few January's ago. It was approaching evening and there was a tiny, faintly pulsating light that was making what looked like 90-degree turns in the sky. It then turned and disappeared towards the horizon after a couple of seconds. I remember turning towards my family and matter-of-factly saying, "I think I just saw a UFO, guys" but no one else in the vicinity had seen it.

I've always been agnostic about aliens/UFO stuff but am still not really sure what I saw. It was too far away to make out a shape and was certainly moving too fast and too high in the sky to be a drone or plane. I've seen meteors in both day and nighttime and this didn't look anything like this (no streaking, no single linear motion).

Kaelsma

Burka.jpg

James Clifton

Awhile back at WDW.....nighttime....saw two guys cussing at each other & throwing punches! Security was on them right away!I Very little shocks me...but...adults....fighting in WDW.....I was a few feet away & just stared...couldn't believe it!

mf1972

We were waiting at the TTC monorail stop and a guy comes up to the CM. Here is the exchange:
Guest: Excuse me, where is the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot?
CM: This is the Magic Kingdom Parking Lot.
Guest: No, I mean the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom.
CM: Sir, this is it.
Guest: No no no. You don't understand. I'm looking for the parking lot for the Magic Kingdom.
CM: Yes, sir. This is where you park when you go to the Magic Kingdom.
Guest: No, I'm looking for the parking lot by the Magic Kingdom.
CM: Sir, aside from the Contemporary Resort's parking lot, this is it.
Guest: I'm not looking for a resort parking lot, I need the Magic Kingdom parking lot.
My family and I were trying hard not to burst out laughing. The CM looked at us and almost joined in. The monorail came, we got on and the poor CM was still trying to explain it to the guy.

Another time in DL my wife and I were near a gap in the rail by the Matterhorn (just a chain across the gap). It was her first trip there and we were just looking for a minute, watching the ride. We turned around and a line had formed behind us. We waiting a little longer, chuckling to ourselves as the line kept growing, then we left. Everyone just kept standing there waiting for.... nothing.
who’s on first comes to mind. funny story :hilarious::hilarious:

Goofyernmost

A couple of years ago we were in AK watching the monkeys playing in their large area when one who had his back to us, turned around to show every one that he was "pleasuring " himself! Not somehing you see every day a a family resort!
Actually, it is more possible there then anywhere. I'm afraid monkeys have not read any books on etiquette. The deal with nature directly and with no shame. However, keeping them in confinement vastly increases the chances of witnessing stuff like that. I remember going to Seaworld one time when they had to close the Seal show, when the males were getting quite randy because of a female in heat. Let's just say that there were more rudders in the water then were needed.

CoreNovawarAMM

I think that the oddest thing I’ve seen at the DisneyWorld parks is the animals (not the ones in AK, but in the other parks). My mom and I were walking around World Showcase in Epcot one afternoon. We were walking past Norway, when I saw a movement in some of the landscaping; turns out there was a grey cat lurking in the grass...

Oh, and I saw a couple of raccoons climbing around on Splash Mountain one night...

Colter

So this happened to me last year, on our last day in the park. We had reached the final part of the Haunted Mansion queue, you know where it funnels you single file with bars at waist level just before you board your Doombuggy. Well, I was in front of our now single file party of three when the line started to move....as I was walking my daughter asked me a question and my natural response was turn and answer while I continued walking. There must have been stoppage in the line because at the very instant I turned around I slammed into the guy in front me...HARD. Now I’m short (5’5) so the bridge of my nose was hurting from basically head butting a dude between the shoulders. I immediately apologized as this carelessness was my fault, and this older man (65 to my 35) just glared at me as we got on the ride. I hoped the incident was behind me but as we made our way out of the mansion after the ride he approached me. He was incredibly aggressive, getting in my face and using profanity, telling me he had two back surgeries. Again and again my wife and I apologized to no avail. When he angled me into the wall I thought oh no I’m going to have to punch this guy in the face and get thrown out of Disney!!! Who does that? So I opted to get real close to him and quietly asked him to get the f*** out of my face (felt terrible for acting like that at MK) and his wife pulled him away. Close call. 30 minutes later I saw him go into the Peter Pan queue on his Rascal scooter.

Last edited:

Colter

A number of years ago we were on a Disney cruise. There was this couple that had the just married ears and hats on. They were a couple once you saw them you would not miss them. They dressed in all Black, a bit hot I thought. We it was funny 6 months later we were in WDW an I saw them again and they had the just married stuff on. Getting some free deserts and getting to the front of some lines with it. Well I thought they were milking it a bit. Then ablut 2 1/2 later I saw them again. I guess they were getting what they could out of it. This time they were on our fleight home and they had the newlywed stuff on and the fleight attendants bought them champagne. I guess the found their way to get some lil perks
Almost creepy in a way, like a bad ghost story

KINGLOUIS1993

I remember being at the Gorilla Trek in AK and this rather rotund gentleman asked the CM what does the silver back male weigh. The CM responded with around 350lbs. The park-goer then responded with "That's not too heavy I weight around 300lbs". The CM replied with "Yeah, but the difference is he is nearly all muscle". I was secretly chuckling to myself.

macefamily

We were attending a Mickey's Merry Christmas event about eight years ago. Our family was split up around the park, and I was with my 25 year old nephew. We decided to head over to Casey's Corner for a late night hot dog. As we entered into the area to get into line we noticed a few very big dudes standing around and scouting out the area. My nephew grabbed my arm and tried saying something but the words wouldn't come out. He finally muttered, "It's Ludacrous !" I was thinking to myself, what is so wrong and what is he talking about ? Eventually it hit me. There, sitting on the bleachers inside Casey's with his young son was the rapper from Atlanta....Ludacrous. He waved my nephew over and signed a napkin for him.

Otterhead

On my last trip I was on line for POTC. There was some guy on line dressed as a pirate walking through the line talking to kids. I don't know how he got in the park dressed as a pirate. No Cast Member stopped him, they just looked at him.
I will say that on a recent trip, two (adult) friends of mine signed up to do the "Pirate League", and their outfits and makeup looked so good that they were taking pictures with kids and being mistaken for characters from PoTC.

That reminds me of a weird story: a guy I know is a former Disney animator who's the scruffiest, mangiest guy, and can make crazy faces like Popeye. He sometimes puts on some pirate clothes and just stands around in the exit area of the Disneyland PoTC, perfectly still, and moves his arms a little back and forth. Everyone thinks he's an animatronic right out of the ride. Keep an eye out for him :)

Buzzy_Sir

I will say that on a recent trip, two (adult) friends of mine signed up to do the "Pirate League", and their outfits and makeup looked so good that they were taking pictures with kids and being mistaken for characters from PoTC.

That reminds me of a weird story: a guy I know is a former Disney animator who's the scruffiest, mangiest guy, and can make crazy faces like Popeye. He sometimes puts on some pirate clothes and just stands around in the exit area of the Disneyland PoTC, perfectly still, and moves his arms a little back and forth. Everyone thinks he's an animatronic right out of the ride. Keep an eye out for him :)
I'll keep an eye out for the guy if I ever go to Disneyland :D But the pirate guy didn't have any makeup on (If I could remember right) He came off to me as drunk. He was just cutting through the line going up to random little kids and talking to them. But, the talking wasn't really talking it was more of yelling.

Minnesota disney fan

My first (and only) UFO sighting was at EPCOT in the skies over Imagination a few January's ago. It was approaching evening and there was a tiny, faintly pulsating light that was making what looked like 90-degree turns in the sky. It then turned and disappeared towards the horizon after a couple of seconds. I remember turning towards my family and matter-of-factly saying, "I think I just saw a UFO, guys" but no one else in the vicinity had seen it.

I've always been agnostic about aliens/UFO stuff but am still not really sure what I saw. It was too far away to make out a shape and was certainly moving too fast and too high in the sky to be a drone or plane. I've seen meteors in both day and nighttime and this didn't look anything like this (no streaking, no single linear motion).

I hate to admit it because everyone thinks you are nuts, but I saw the same thing 2 weeks ago. It was bright and doing 90 degree turns, appeared to be coming closer to where I was, then just disappeared!!!! It could have been a drone, but disappearing????

Minnesota disney fan

I have a funny, weird one from the first week of March. I was in the ladies room at AK washing my hands, when a lady barged out of the stall closest to me singing as loud as she could, Zipp -a-dee-do-dah! She slammed the toilet door back like she was making her grand entrance onstage! Then..............in a closed stall 4 doors down comes this little voice, "My, oh my, what a wonderful day". I watched with my mouth hanging open as they both sang the Entire song. Weird, but fun!

Otterhead

You reminded me of another funny bathroom experience I had once. In the toilets right outside of Star Tours in DHS, a little kid dressed in a full Darth Vader outfit came in, unzipped himself at the urinal, made a lightsaber “VROOM” sound, and sang the Darth Vader theme the whole time he was peeing. “Dun dun dun, dun de dun, dun de dunnnnn….”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom