What is the weather like?

Thunder5921

Hey, I was just wondering what the weather is like around Kissimmee/Orlando area. My husband and I are leaving early Feb 12 to drive down to Florida. I seen online at the weather report it's around 70's.

NO SNOW OR COLD WEATHER FOR 2 WEEKS!!!!!!:sohappy:

crazygirley

Weather in late February is pretty cool. Its not really warm by any means. Expect mid 60's. Pack sweaters and long pants, because it can be in the low 30's at night.

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

YES! definately pack sweaters and pants! i was there in late Nov./early Dec. and i was expecting to wear short sleeved shirts in the day and pack a jacket to wear at night like i have before...nope...wore my sweatshirt over my short sleeved shirts every day i was there! don't know how it is in Feb., but i'd imagine it'd be much the same.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

The weather in the winter is unpredictable. For the most part, expect comfortable days and cold nights. Bring pants and shorts and T-shirts and sweaters. You will need to use all of that (except the shorts maybe). Also bring a bathing suit since it can get warm enough sometimes to swim (if you live in the North and your average high is now 30, then 70 means swimming weather). the water is also heated so you can swim if it gets in to the 70's.

Upvote 0

civileng68

Account Suspended
weather

well as a resident of Florida (yes Im further south but can tell you from experience) that the weather is generally mild now. The winter is over and generally from here on out it will continuously warm up.

Yes it could be chilly at night but 30's? NO WAY! It won't be in the 30's during your trip. It will be warmer and maybe 50's at night. It will be uper 60's and probably 70's during the day.

It is generally dry this time of year.

I say you'll be coming at a perfect time of year temperature wise.

Upvote 0

TIGGER-FAN

Orlando's weather is not very predictable this time of year. It all depends on how the systems move through the south. As a rule chilly nights 35-45 degrees with daytime temps from 65-75 degrees. Pack for this range and you can't go wrong. My wife and I went to WDW the begining of January this year and awoke to find a thick frost covering just about everything. A good fleece jacket or pull-over is a good bet.

Upvote 0

Thunder5921

Original Poster
Thanks you everyone for all the info. I can't wait to get there. We were their last year during Valentine's week but for only a week. So now we are going for 2 then next time hopefully 3 or 4. Also, can't wait to take pics with my new digital camera. Last time, I lost alot of pics because my 35mm camera was not working too well.:(

Florida here we come. I can't take this snow & cold anymore. It's been snowing since Saturday. Plus very COLD. :cry:

Upvote 0

MGM WDWFan

About four years ago or so I went during that time of year. The weather is extremely unpredictable, so I would pack to forsee almost any weather possibility (rain, 40-degree nights, high-70 degree days, etc.) Never hurts to be careful.

--MGM

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom