What is the first....

dgtolbert222

Original Poster
what is the first thing you do when you get to: what do you do at each place first?

The resort - after check in
MGM
MK
AK
Epcot

just curious....

JWG

On check-in day, depending on arrival time, typically nothing park related. Either DTD or just enjoy the resort.

Try to do Epcot first - sometimes altered by Early EMH. Epcot is my favorite, so usually first and most.

LowesChevy

When we first check, in even early in the day we head over to Goodings to get beer, soda, tp, water, and snacks. We usually just like to relax the first day after traveling because we are up at 5:00AM to catch a 7:30 AM flight.

The first things we do at the parks:

Magic Kingdom-POTC
Epcot-Get Fast pass for TT and head to Soarin
MGM-RnR fast pass then head for Tot-really like the decor in here
AK-fast pass for EE

daverube

what is the first thing you do when you get to: what do you do at each place first?

The resort - after check in
MGM
MK
AK
Epcot

just curious....

All of this depends on timing, but here goes:

The resort - usually sit in the lobby area and take in the theme...

MK - If it's after 11am - Eat a Dole Whip Float, if not, ride PoC or Splash

EPCOT - Soarin'

MGM - Get an FP for ToT and then ride Rock-n-Rollercoaster

AK - EE or pick up an EE fastpass and then head to Kali to shoot water at folks from the bridge...

my 2 cents....

dave

DisneyMusician2

Always Epcot and Spaceship Earth...it's a bit of a tradition, and I just find that really gets me in the Disney mood. Epcot is also the easiest to do a Day/Night thing with over two days.

Hrudey3032

AK-We do the Dinosaur first
MK-Tends to be look at all the shops and scan for what we will want on our way out then we head to Tommorowland and usually Buzz Lightyear
DHS-We usually go to Muppets 3-D
Epcot-Spaceship Earth as we get there about 1p and lines are not that bad.

elcodfish

park days

Our first day we usually hang at the resort and DTD. The parks we hit depend on magic hours but at each park:
MK-fastpass for space mountain, over to splash mountain
AK- fastpass for everest, over to dinosaur
Epcot- fastpass for Soarin, over to Test track
MGM- fastpass for RnR, over to TOT

Erica

phenom1307

DAK: Kilamanjaro Safari's....the whole family hasnt been together since Everest has come

MGM: RnRC or ToT

Epcot: Fastpass Soarin' then either Test Track or M:S then everything else around future world

MK: Space, then Buzz

LoriMistress

DH and I normally have a 5-6 hour flight. So DH and I never plan to do anything at the parks that day. We normally relax at the resort and check out DTD. But as for which park we go to first, that really depends on the planning. That may sound lame to some of you, but that's how we do things. Last time, we the first park we went to was Epcot. This time, it will be MK.

doop

MK: FP Splash Mountain, then hit Haunted Mansion.

MGM: FP RnRc and then ride ToT.

Epcot: Well I'd probably fastpass Soarin', but we haven't ridden it yet. But first we usually ride Test Track.

AK: FP Everest, then wait in the queue for Everest.

Texas84

Sunday, check in to OKW, go to SoG to get tax-free military passes, then hang out at the Marketplace. :sohappy:

hadlicksr

Sun - arrive @ POP unpack relax then to Chef Mickeys for ADR. Enjoy a nice dinner together. followed by MK for EMH. Day 2 SLEEP IN!

as far as the parks go:
MK Space MTN or Buzz
Epcot FP for TT or Soarin
MGM FP for ToT and then to RnR
AK fp Everest head to Dinosaur

Check in to the hotel, go to the pool, Boardwalk to eat, Downtown Disney.

MK:Get a FP for Splash, Ride Splash regular, Ride BTMR, Fastpass Splash, eventually dole whip.
EPCOT (Yes, EPCOT): Get FP for Soarin', head to M:S, FP Soarin
MGM:ToT many times
AK: Kilimanjaro early while the animals are out, Get FP for Kilimanjaro, Everest, FP Kilimarjaro

Nansafan

Tradition used to be 1st day Epcot but I screwed that up in 2000 when my friend and her daughters came with us for the first time and we went to the MK, now it's a toss up depending on what the park hours are for the day we arrive. Regardless of which park we hit, we generally stop for lunch since the kids are hungry. Then:

MK - TTA
EPCOT - Spaceship Earth
MGM - Tip board to choose
AK - Dinosaur

not that we have OCD or anything but we always, always do the TTA as our very first attraction at the MK and it is our final attraction before returning home. As I said, it's not OCD, it's TRADITION! (It just wouldn't seem like Disney any other way.)

coltow

We work backwords. Animal Kingdom, MGM, Epcot, Then Magic Kingdom,
We kind of do too. On our first day we split it, AK in the morning and EPCOT in the evening (though on next trip will do DHS instead). This gets DS a little settled and ready for the second day which will always be spent at MK.
First rides
AK = EE
EP = Spaceship Earth
DHS = FP ToT and ride RNRC
MK = We ALWAYS ride POTC 1st

mamielynn

Since we only live a few hours away we always get up very early and drive down so that we check in at about 7. We then eat breakfast at the resort, if the room is ready we drop off our stuff and upack a little then head to MK.

Once at MK we always go straight to SM, then head over to do BTMRR and POC. We generally hang at MK til lunch then head back to the resort and lunch and nap so we can go to DHS for BatB, RnRC and TOT then Fantasmic.

The second day we go to AK in the morning and to DHS in the evening.
The third day we hit Epcot for the whole day usually
The fourth day we hit DTD and whatever we want before we leave.

We generally only do 4 day visits since we live close it's fun to take several long weekends a year instead of one huge vacation.

Blackie Pueblo

It's been some time but if I remember correctly...

The resort - after check in, depending on when we check in we usually walk around the resort or check out other resorts. But when we had our passes, it didn't matter what time we check in we would head to a park after check in.

MGM--Usually we hit either TOT and/or Rock N Roller coaster first. Or we walk through the gift shops

MK--Usually take a pic or two of the castle then stroll down Main Street, including gift shops.

AK--The last few times we went here we headed for EE first thing.

Epcot--We usually hit SpaceShip Earth, or we head to Innovations.

"To all who come to this happy place...welcome!"
---Walter Elias Disney

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom