What is the better touring plan?

mp2bill

We’re heading to WDW next month (me, wife, 2 two kids, 8 & 7), and we’re doing two days at MK. The original plan was to (loosely) following a touring plan, and originally I was thinking day one at MK would be a bunch of running around and hitting as many attractions as possible, and then day two would be clean up and doing our favorites again.

But just now, I started thinking, “Would it make more sense to split the park up into two parts with Main Street, Adventureland, Frontierland, Liberty Square, and part of Fantasyland (if there’s time) on day one and then Tomorrowland & Fantasyland and favorites again (if there’s time) on day two?” That way, I figure it’s two compact visits with less walking.

So which way would you handle two days at MK? Or would you do it a totally different way?

the_rich

People usually run to Tomorrowland and fantasyland first. What I usually do is start in adventureland and work my way around clockwise. I get there for rope drop and by about 1-2pm I have Adventureland, frontierland, liberty Square and part of fantasyland done. Then I take a break and go back to my resort for a couple of hours. Head to dinner at 4ish and then back to the park until close. I then finish fantasyland and do space mountain.
My second day is usually more leisurely. I leave that for anything I missed and things I want to ride again.

Upvote 0

mp2bill

Original Poster
People usually run to Tomorrowland and fantasyland first. What I usually do is start in adventureland and work my way around clockwise. I get there for rope drop and by about 1-2pm I have Adventureland, frontierland, liberty Square and part of fantasyland done. Then I take a break and go back to my resort for a couple of hours. Head to dinner at 4ish and then back to the park until close. I then finish fantasyland and do space mountain.
My second day is usually more leisurely. I leave that for anything I missed and things I want to ride again.
So it sounds like you’re in the break-the-park-into-pieces camp instead of criss-crossing-the-park-to-minimize-wait-times camp.

I feel like there are so many rides whose wait times quickly get high that it kind of makes sense to split it up.

Upvote 0

the_rich

So it sounds like you’re in the break-the-park-into-pieces camp instead of criss-crossing-the-park-to-minimize-wait-times camp.

I feel like there are so many rides whose wait times quickly get high that it kind of makes sense to split it up.
Yes..100%
Fantasy and tomorrow lands build up wait times faster(Especially fantasy). I dont know how peter pan is always so busy. If you go to adventureland first u can get so much done. And I also like to complete each land before I move on..tiny bit of ocd lol

Upvote 1

JIMINYCR

We would start at rope drop hitting the more popular attractions first before crowds heighten. Then moving from Adventure land going clockwise. We would do the entire park the first day and the second day hitting up the most popular things we want to redo. Some things are fine doing just once and not worth a revisit. Others are must do multiple times. So much depends on how bad the crowds are those days and the wait times to see how much is doable and how you and the kids hold up with the heat and humidity. You want to do it all but pushing your limits will affect your enjoyment. See how you hold up and be willing to adjust your plans.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom