What is the better land New FantasyLand , Pandora, or Galaxy's Edge?

What is the best land in your own opinion?

• New FantasyLand

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Pandora: the World of Avatar

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • Star Wars; Galaxy's Edge

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters

FettFan

New Fantasyland/Storybook Circus is the clear winner in all three.

- Galaxy's Edge has a major crowding problem... and I attribute that mostly to the fact that it's a weird thing to navigate. If you don't have a smartphone and Google Maps enabled, eventually maybe someone will find your body and have it shipped to your next of kin. The fact that the cast member uniforms are pretty much indistinguishable from the hundreds of die-hard cosplayers clogging the streets only adds the the confusion.
And because almost everything is written in the damn Star Wars code language, I started to walk into a backstage area because it looked like a restroom.

- Pandora is just plain boring.

bryanfze55

Pandora is the only good expansion here. I’m not a hater, but the facts are:

-New Fantasyland caused the loss of Snow White’s Scary Adventures, a great dark rise. Parts of it are pretty I guess, but it doesn’t top the charm of Storybook Land at Disneyland or Fairytale Forest at Efteling.

-SW:GE is just soulless. I wanted to love it, but Smugglers Run is a huge letdown. And there just isn’t much to do. RotR is a great ride, but the land just feels lifeless. I heard someone once say: “Wizarding World had JK Rowling, Cars Land had John Lasseter, Pandora had James Cameron... and Galaxy’s Edge had Bob Chapek.” I think that really shines through when you think about it.

Tom Morrow

Oh wow, all the negativity in here. This forum does not reflect reality, and the reality is that the vast majority of visitors are wowed by Pandora and Galaxy's Edge.

Pandora and Galaxy's Edge are my top two lands at WDW. It's hard to choose. Ultimately Galaxy's Edge has more to offer and explore.

New Fantasyland is a weird case. It looks beautiful, but there's absolutely nothing to care about. No sense of place at all, just pretty scenery.

bryanfze55

Oh wow, all the negativity in here. This forum does not reflect reality, and the reality is that the vast majority of visitors are wowed by Pandora and Galaxy's Edge.

Pandora and Galaxy's Edge are my top two lands at WDW. It's hard to choose. Ultimately Galaxy's Edge has more to offer and explore.

New Fantasyland is a weird case. It looks beautiful, but there's absolutely nothing to care about. No sense of place at all, just pretty scenery.

I don’t want to be negative, I’m a Disney booster through and through. And Pandora is pretty great.

But GE just didn’t do it. Whatever things you’ve found to “explore,” please let me know. Because I would love to enjoy it more than I currently do. Other than riding Smugglers Run, which was mediocre, all I did was eat at Docking Bay 7 (I visited prior to RotR). Food was good, but after that I just walked around the land not really feeling any good vibes the way I do in Pandora or Cars Land.

monykalyn

I like Pandora. It’s a neat place to look around, has some good food. Galaxys edge is ok, but would be way better with more character roaming.
but Smugglers Run is a huge letdown.
I liked it better when we had enough family that it was just us and not strangers, but my favorite part is the sound your shoes make walking In the Falcon- sounds just like Han Solos boots in Ep IV. As a fan it thrilled me. And I guess that pretty much sums up the ride when I liked the sound effect better lol!

Rise is really truly incredible. If they’d have more like that- well GE would have blown Potterworld away. And by that I mean even having the CMs roam in character of First Order everywhere. Even SWW had Rebels hangout cafe place that was so fun! GE missed a huge opportunity to sell handheld communication devices unique to the land to interact with it and send you on missions etc. Staring at your smartphone isn’t really immersive. But casting spells with a wand? Even adults love to do that!

Jphaddad96

I love Pandora with the great views, the nice rides and the design of the land with all his natural scene.. Fantasyland it's death at night and I still think the Gaston tavern and the Little Mermaid are the backyard of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train... Star Wars G.E, idk it could be better than it is.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

No. That’s not true. That’s impossible. What is this “reality” you speak of where people are able to enjoy these lands? It must be outside of the Disneyland forum and Micechat. Forbidden.

Raineman

Pandora edges out SW:GE in terms of overall visual impact, but I voted for GE due to the emotional connection I have had with SW for over 35 years now. Walking around GE and experiencing Smugglers Run for the first time was, in all honesty, a childhood dream come true. Not trying to sound like a cheesy WDW commercial, but that is exactly how I felt.

Parker in NYC

Pandora edges out SW:GE in terms of overall visual impact, but I voted for GE due to the emotional connection I have had with SW for over 35 years now. Walking around GE and experiencing Smugglers Run for the first time was, in all honesty, a childhood dream come true. Not trying to sound like a cheesy WDW commercial, but that is exactly how I felt.

I loved GE and had the same response. But I think Pandora especially excels when you consider that there isn't any emotional connection to the source material. Apologies if some of you do, but I highly doubt it. That makes its success even more remarkable.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I loved GE and had the same response. But I think Pandora especially excels when you consider that there isn't any emotional connection to the source material. Apologies if some of you do, but I highly doubt it. That makes its success even more remarkable.
I agree Pandora is absolutely incredible. It truly is one of the best theme park lands ever built.

TrainsOfDisney

I think the best single ip land that Disney has built is Cars. It has a lot of life and personality and it has what I would consider, a true “perfect e-ticket.”

When you walk into cars land from either of the 3 entrances you see and hear people having fun on attractions. (Racers on the right, dancing cars on the left, maters at the front “main” entrance”.

When you walk into Pandora or Galaxies Edge you see rusted lamp posts and hear weird music.

jensenrick

OMGoodness, for me- it's Galaxy's Edge by a mile! I wish I'd have had more time there before the close-down. I would often spend ALL day there, as I used the Play app to scan and collect inventory, and "hack" the computers and such, not to mention many repeated single rider trips to the Millennium Falcon, GEEZ do I love that ride!

I can hardly believe that you can connect via bluetooth with so many of the panels and props in the area, that's what I often spend a lot of time doing. In fact, I often run my phone down to 1%, and have to run over to the Commissary, where I can sit with a meal or nurse a drink and charge up my phone. And it's not just me, I bought my Aunt in Feb, and after we'd spent hours in GE, I would say, do you want to go to TSL (never been) or TZToT or something else in parks (hadn't seen in years), and we'd go for a minute, and she'd say, "Can we go back to SW now?"

The poll seems to reflect that- 60% for SW:GE at the moment.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
OMGoodness, for me- it's Galaxy's Edge by a mile! I wish I'd have had more time there before the close-down. I would often spend ALL day there, as I used the Play app to scan and collect inventory, and "hack" the computers and such, not to mention many repeated single rider trips to the Millennium Falcon, GEEZ do I love that ride!

I can hardly believe that you can connect via bluetooth with so many of the panels and props in the area, that's what I often spend a lot of time doing. In fact, I often run my phone down to 1%, and have to run over to the Commissary, where I can sit with a meal or nurse a drink and charge up my phone. And it's not just me, I bought my Aunt in Feb, and after we'd spent hours in GE, I would say, do you want to go to TSL (never been) or TZToT or something else in parks (hadn't seen in years), and we'd go for a minute, and she'd say, "Can we go back to SW now?"

The poll seems to reflect that- 60% for SW:GE at the moment.
Yeah it definitely seems like Galaxy's Edge is the most popular right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom