What is the best ride in Epcot? (Quality-wise)

What is the best ride in Epcot? (Quality)

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
As I've been doing, I will be doing multiple polls on each park and their worst and best rides based NOT on bias and personal experience for the rider. The next park is I think the second weakest/3rd best WDW park, What do you think is the best ride in Epcot? This includes story, theme, thrill, queue, and overall experience of the ride. Remember to consider all factors, and it doesn't just mean thrill ride automatically equal great ride (Although thrill does also, certainly help a ride too!) Also, I've decided to just do "Rides" not shows, meet and greets, etc because than I would have to a ton of different attractions for the poll which would be annoying and really long especially since Epcot has so many other shows and things to do. There will be different polls.

I'll also update in the future when there is the new Ratatouille ride next summer and the Guardians of the Galaxy ride too in 2021!

Let's vote and discuss!

Disney4family

I love Gran Fiesta and Nemo, but quality-wise, they're equal with their combo-screen stuff.
The new Soarin' is rough if you're not in B1. I got a kink in my neck when I was on the edge of A1 (near B1) - so close, but so sideways. And I miss the original.
Spaceship Earth is classic WDW, but needs help.
I loved the old Test Track, but the technology of the new one doesn't always work and it bothers me that they don't allow everyone to make their own just for the sake of pushing people through. Don't dangle a carrot and tell us this version is better and then not allow everyone to experience it on their own. That's wrong.
My kids grew up with the new Figment, but I know it's not as great as the original that I saw years ago.
I miss Lt Dan getting excited in Mission:Space compared to today's "chill" - oh - yeah - watch out for the wall - I'm too cool to get excited - version. It used to be something we always did over and over. My kids are now one-and-done.
Frozen. I hate the movie. I do. And I grew up with Maelstrom. But - I appreciate the quality of the attraction with its top notch AAs and story telling. It's well done.
For quality, though, I went with Living with the Land. It's classic Epcot (or EPCOT), a multiple must-do for my kids and it brings me back to the '80s.

LUVofDIS

I know I will get hate reply's for this, but hear me out. Mission Space.

All-in-all, the queues in EPCOT fall short. The best queues are probably Frozen, Journey, the Seas and TT, with Frozen or TT being the best. But the rides are sorta sad, with TT maybe being the best of this lot. The only thing I like about TT is the outside portion. Mission's queue is in the middle of these.

For thrill, Mission is a true G-Force machine, come on, you spin really fast. TT has it's one moment. The rest rate low on thrill.

Story, that is a toss up between Soarin', SSE and the Land. Mission is in the middle here again, with the rest having a weak story.

All have decent to excellent music, I would say the best for me is Frozen or Nemo.

Of all of these, the final impact, Mission leaves the most memorable experience for me.

Now my favorite ride would be Living with the Land. I just love that attraction.

JIMINYCR

Mission Space gets my vote. Despite the negative press it got in the beginning and the fear it instills in many... it delivers one of the best thrills I get in WDW. Other than TT, the others are ride throughs that dont even get me excited. Soarin with the music and fly overs has its moments but barely come through with any real excitement... especially after the remake.

Kevin_W

SE if my favorite, but the bad descent, frequent stopping, and narrator spiel at the top telling me my car is turning backwards all dock it points (as does the fact that the opening projection is so faded I couldn't see it last trip). Quality-wise, FEA kills it.

I know we can (and have) argues that real Norway is not a place for a fictional fantasy ride, but if you ignore the place FEA is a really well-done attraction.

KikoKea

Spaceship Earth. If we drop in at Epcot on a visit, we have to ride SE. We'll be sad if we miss LWTL, but SE is a must.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Ill probably get hate replies for this one but....haven't we seen these threads before? I'm pretty sure we have for some of the parks multiple times.

ddbowdoin

I voted SSS... but living with the land holds a special place in our hearts. My wife and I will ride this attraction so many times during a visit. It’s just nostalgia for us. It’s one of those almost forgotten attractions, in 12 plus years I’ve never waited in a line for it. We did the behind the seeds tour and it was a fun experience for sure!

JohnD

Since you asked quality, for me it was a toss up between TT and FEA. I chose TT. Yes, you can argue that Norway shouldn't have been changed to Arendale and all that. But the fact is, the AAs are really good and the ride was a good refit of Maelstrom. I chose TT because of the work involved in maintaining an attraction with cars that have actual rubber tires and each one goes up to 65 mph.

N2dru

Spaceship Earth is quintessential Epcot. It embodies the park along with being the icon. Here's hoping the refurb continue this sentiment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom