What is the best railroad train ride in a park in North America?

What is the best railroad train ride in a park in North America?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Disneyland

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Dollywood

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Cedar Point

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Kennywood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King's Island

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Gatorland

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Busch Gardens Tampa

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

hopemax

Since you all are a bunch of East-coasters, has anyone else been to Silverwood Theme Park in Athol, ID? Their train ride is 30 minutes, all around the property and traditionally had a "train robbery," but looks like they are redoing the show. The engine is a 2015 Porter.

Heppenheimer

Does Kings Dominion still have their train ride? I probably last rode it in the 80s, and by then what minimal scenery they had was already dilapidated. But at least it was a pulled by a steam powered, coal-fed locomotive, which was kind of cool by itself.

spock8113

I think Dollywood train ride is overrated. It rolls through the woods, basically. I think Disneyland is the better of all of these but my money is still on either Strasburg Railroad in Pa, or Durango-Silverton from the city of the former. Maybe not it parks but probably the best steam experience you'll ever get. Oh, don't forget the Mt. Washington Cog Railway, great ride, great views.

TrainsOfDisney

I think Dollywood train ride is overrated. It rolls through the woods, basically. I think Disneyland is the better of all of these but my money is still on either Strasburg Railroad in Pa, or Durango-Silverton from the city of the former. Maybe not it parks but probably the best steam experience you'll ever get. Oh, don't forget the Mt. Washington Cog Railway, great ride, great views.
It depends on what you are looking for. The locomotives at Dollywood are really working (long train up a 3.5% grade) so from a steam train perspective it’s the best it gets - no question.

Scenery wise, you have some nice views of the park and some views of the Great Smoky Mountains - so I definitely count it as scenic.

You are correct that Strasburg and Durango are both truly excellent train rides!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom