What is the best building at POFQ?

pluto13

Original Poster
What is the best building to stay at POFQ? I want to stay in a building that is close to the lobby, food court, bus stops, and close to the pool, but does not have be right there by the pool.

minnielaw

Here is a link to a WDW map of POFQ. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-french.htm

Looks like buildings 5 and 2 are closest to the pool and food court. We stayed there last October and I believe we were in building 7, the furthest from the food court. We walked to the food court and it did not take more than 5 minutes. The resort is VERY compact and the walk to anywhere is extremely short!

WoodyNBuzz

I too am curious about the different building locations. I've seen the layouts on the maps but IMO reviews from folks are always much nicer to have instead of gauging distances from a map.

draybook

We were in building #4 last September. 2 minute walk to the FC and we had a nice 3/4 view of the river from our window. The resort really is small enough that there's no such thing as a bad building.

MouseDreaming

I have stayed in Bldgs 1,4,and 5. And I switched rooms when they put us in 7. It was right next to the parking lot. If I wanted that noise, I would have stayed home. Really, all of the buildings are just a short walk to the main building, and the bus stop. It is one of the big reasons we love this resort!

Sweet Melissa

We usually request Building 2 for personal nostalgia and because none of its rooms have parking lot views. But really, they're all so close it doesn't matter. One poster here likens it it being in a room with Oprah, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett, and ranking them by who's richest. They're all so rich that ranking is meaningless.

LucyK

What is the best building to stay at POFQ? I want to stay in a building that is close to the lobby, food court, bus stops, and close to the pool, but does not have be right there by the pool.

The resort is small and buildings are not that far from everything else but I requested building 4 and I was very pleased with the location I got. I was no more than 100 feet from the bus stop and food court with the pool being a little farther than that. I recommend making a note in your reservation and faxing them a request. In my case I asked the CM making the reservation to note down that I had my 70-year-old mother with me.

Fletch

Anyone stay in building #6?
It looks like a pretty good location to me....next to the river but close to main bldg.

We did last year. Room faced the river. Liked it allot and would most likely request that side of the building in the future. Its a little farther of a walk to get where you want to be but as others have posted the resort is compact so no big deal.

Map:

http://www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php

RonAnnArbor

I have stayed in every building at POFQ --the resort is small and even the furthest rooms in the furthest building are a 4-minute walk to the "Mint" (i.e. check-in/bus/food court/arcade) -- This is seriously one resort in which it absolutely does not matter which building you stay in unless you have mobility issues.

littleroo

We always land in building 1 or 3 and we are always happy!! We have a Garden View this summer so we will most likely be in the same area again!!

kasey1988

we had requested building 5, corner room on our last trip and loved it. loved the location, we were on the poolside of the building, a minute walk to pool and main building, 3 minute to bus or boat. it was excellent and having two windows really made the room feel bigger. we will be requesting this again!

we had requested building 5, corner room on our last trip and loved it. loved the location, we were on the poolside of the building, a minute walk to pool and main building, 3 minute to bus or boat. it was excellent and having two windows really made the room feel bigger. we will be requesting this again!

ooooooh...corner room with 2 windows sounds great :)

bebert

We are currently #2 and it is great. The overall refurb is also great. I have never been in a Disney room this nice or clean. POFRQ nailed it on the refurb.

RedBaron

Frankly I really don't think it matters at this resort. It is really small and everything is easily walkable. My mom has had double knee replacements and can't walk very far for very long and has never had a problem getting around this resort.

DizneyPryncess

We were in building 3. We liked the quietness of it, and the proximity to the food court. I agree with everyone in saying that it's a small resort, and nothing is very far. We walked the resort area each night, and had said that we'd love to get a water room view in building 5 or 6 next time, just based on our personal preferences. I don't think you can go wrong here. Glad you settled on POFQ, you won't be disappointed! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom