What is personal magic?

Jeffxz

Original Poster
Does anyone have any idea what "Personal Magic" is in relation to MyMagic+? You can see it referenced under the disney website by going to Friends & Family then clicking edit on one of the members.

qcwa9oa.png

awesomeinabox

I'm two weeks out and mine shows that personal magic, but doesn't have anything listed and I can't click/change anything. Maybe this is where you would eventually list things like Birthdays, Anniversaries, First trips etc.

If you google it the only place mentioned is in the Memory Maker Blurb but it is not on the page itself.

Voxel

President of Progress City
It looks to be a feature that was pushed with the update but not completed. Its most likely a marker for what Awesome said.

Betsyboo

I had to log on to see this as well. I too have no Personal Magic but it is listed under one of my family members as noted by the OP. I searched Personal Magic and found only the Memory Maker reference as noted by @awesomeinabox. Sounds interesting though.

Jeffxz

Original Poster
After digging around some more I think this may have been the internal working name for the "Memory Maker" package and the references just haven't been updated on the MDE site yet.

If anyone has pre-purchased the Memory Maker package, can you login and see if you have any personal magic linked?

Here are the meta tags from the Memory Maker page on disneyworld.com

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="memorymaker, memory maker, my memory maker, personal magic, my magic plus, my magic+, photo pass, photo package, media package, video package, photo and video package, vacation memories, capture vacation memories, capture vacation photos, personal magic package, character photos, photo sharing, media sharing, vacation packages, vacation media packages" >

These tags also suggest that Disney will be offering a video component to the Memory Maker package at some point.

MrsCoker

I've had my Magic Band since October and have never seen the "Personal Magic" anywhere on My Disney Experience. I don't even see anything with the genie lamp icon.

Also, I noticed Memory Maker has a different icon...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 74

tissandtully

Personal magic, from the info I have, seems to be experiences tied to upcoming interactions with rides and other events. For example, apparently there may be a site where you create a person for "It's a Small World" and then that person appears on the ride during your ride-through.

durangojim

When we were on Small World last week, we noticed that some of the signs that say "Good Bye" in languages other than English, have been replaced with LCD screens that mimic the look of the old signs. I'm betting that as others have posted there will be some personalization to the end of the ride which is probably this type of "magic" that is being referenced.

aka_emilicious

If you search for "personal magic" while on the site, it comes up with Memory Maker. Also, I see the Memory Maker reservation and not Personal Magic.

DizneyPryncess

The curiosity got to me, so I sent an email to Disney asking what personal magic was. This is what I got back today. Sounds like you guys are on the right track w/memory maker.

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

"Personal Magic" includes additional features of MyMagic+, such as
Memory Maker, that we will be rolling out to all Guests later this year!
Memory Maker is currently available, and we are excited to soon share
with you additional details regarding these new features!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact
us!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It means after all the c--p disney throws at you still managed to have fun and return home with money in wallet in which case DIsney has manifestly failed.

Jeffxz

Original Poster
Has anyone here heard of a MyMagic+ expierience called "Personal Magic"? I don't really know what it is yet, but here is what I know:
  • It was part of the project at one time, but I don't currently know if it is still planned
  • "Personal Magic" is the internal name and may not be the final name
  • It will only be available to WDW Resort Guests who are annual passholders
  • There is an additional charge for this
  • Other members of your group can be included in the expierience
I'm still digging and will update when I find more info.

I posted this back in June when I found some information related to personal magic in some technical documents that I saw - thats why it caught my eye on the mdx site. I'm curious if it is still something they are going to limit to passholders (this was an original requirement) or if it will be the services like Memory Maker+, etc that are avaialble to everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom