What is Disney's 2nd most iconic song?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
The fact remains that he's been political. Everyone makes choices, after all. I have no issue with the anti-Nazi propaganda (less focused on Germans, in general), but when it was directed toward ALL Asian-Americans... well, as a minority myself, it's never rung true to me. Even within the perspective of the time -- and I realize Judy Garland was doing blackface in 1940. Hell, Joan Crawford was doing blackface in 1953! Mickey Rooney's ridiculous performance in Breakfast at Tiffanys, 1961.

No whitewashing of history, but to say Disney was never political is fake news.

I am meaning more about his movies. Snow White, Bambi, Alice, Fantasia, Sleeping Beauty, Dumbo, Pinocchio, etc. The things in the parks at Disneyland, etc. None of them have a political overtone. They are all an escape from the real world. That was his specialty. Even Bambi wasn't an anti-hunting movie according to Walt, even if people may say so.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Not many people know that Walt and Roy invented rap music which was known as "beat rap" at the time. Their duet, "Jiminy, #^*(=^!~*/" Cricket" was a huge hit. However, the moment when they pronounced Jiminy's middle name, "pound sign, carat, asterisk, etc." kind of throws off the song if I'm being honest. I've spent many an hour trying to beat box to it.

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Even if Bambi wasn't an anti-hunting movie, according to Walt, the great thing about art is that once it's sent out to the world, it's no longer in the hands of the creators. It's in the hands of the audience. Bambi made me a lifelong animal rights supporter, that's how it affected me. One could say it was an incredibly political statement, despite the intentions of just telling a story.

But we all choose WHICH stories to tell.

To each their own how they interpret it

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Okay so I am getting a theme here.

#1 is still pretty much a consensus as "When You Wish Upon a Star". What rounds out the top 5, on average it seems, according to everyone is:

#2 "Zip-a-dee-do-da"
#3 "Mickey Mouse Song"
#4 "It's a Small World"
#5 "A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes", "It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", "Heigh-Ho"

I want to throw in an honourable mention with "Be Our Guest"

I think these songs need to withstand the test of time, which is why they are older.

Phil12

Iconic Disney songs have already been rated and ranked:

1. "When You Wish Upon a Star"
2. "Part of Your World"
3. "A Whole New World"
4. "Beauty and the Beast"
5. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight"
6. "Let It Go"
7. "I Just Can't Wait To Be King"
8. "Someday My Prince Will Come"
9. "Bare Necessities"
10. "Heigh-Ho"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom