What is Disney's 2nd most iconic song?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I think we can assume that "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio is #1 right? No song identifies with Disney more and no song makes people associate with Disney more.

So what is #2?

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da?
Under the Sea?
Heigh-Ho?
Can't Wait to be King?
The Mickey Mouse song?
It's a Small World?
You Can Fly?

Lots of options. Tell me what you think, or ones that aren't listed.

Rumrunner

I think we can assume that "When You Wish Upon A Star" from Pinocchio is #1 right? No song identifies with Disney more and no song makes people associate with Disney more.

So what is #2?

Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da?
Under the Sea?
Heigh-Ho?
Can't Wait to be King?
The Mickey Mouse song?
It's a Small World?
You Can Fly?

Lots of options. Tell me what you think, or ones that aren't listed.
You nailed the number one song "When you Wish Upon s Star " hope it is in HEA. If not big disappointment. I would go with Zip as number two. After that toss them up.

Tick Tock

To pay homage to 'Adam Ruins Everything', let me point out that "When You Wish Upon A Star" is probably a terrible choice to be associated with Disney (or anything), as it promotes a misguided, misleading, and false-hope-inducing notion that anything & everything you could ever want in life can all be achieved by simply wishing really hard that it were so, and no hard work need be involved. Thus, it's tune may be gorgeous and full of nostalgic sentiment, but it's lyrics are harmful to both children and naïve adults alike.
areth1.jpg

TheDuke

To pay homage to 'Adam Ruins Everything', let me point out that "When You Wish Upon A Star" is probably a terrible choice to be associated with Disney (or anything), as it promotes a misguided, misleading, and false-hope-inducing notion that anything & everything you could ever want in life can all be achieved by simply wishing really hard that it were so, and no hard work need be involved. Thus, it's tune may be gorgeous and full of nostalgic sentiment, but it's lyrics are harmful to both children and naïve adults alike.
View attachment 262998

How is that a bad choice to be associated with Disney when the bolded part sounds exactly like Disney and is why people are so drawn to it? That just solidifies it as the most representative Disney song even more.

graphite1326

View attachment 262998
Since this is a homage to the Adam Ruins Everything I will let the comment slide. Great show by the way.

JIMINYCR

I agree that "When You Wish Upon A Star" is THE Disney song. Disney has it as a theme song signalling the start of all their movies as well. All those other Disney songs have had their big moments in time when they were THE Disney song everyone was singing and they all can instantly be recognized as Disney. But I'd have to say #2 Disney is Zip A Dee Doo Dah.

Brer Oswald

I think Disney considers Zip-a-dee-doo-dah to be their second anthem. Small World would definitely be up there (it’s the most played song in the world). Not everyone knows the ride, but nearly everyone knows the song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom