What is Disney doing at 7474 Chancellor Drive??

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Disney filed this permit for an offsite property. This is what I could find so far
Screenshot 2024-06-21 145842.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 150028.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 150034.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 150314.png
Screenshot 2024-06-21 150303.png

TheCoasterNerd

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
This site says that address is owned by PROLOGIS, a warehousing company.

Wonder if Vekoma could be proving the new track for Big Thunder and it is being temporarily brought to this warehouse for some reason.
That's my best guess. Either that or they're testing new effects there? Maybe they're using the warehouse for a proof-of-concept display area? Idk. All I do know is that this space has construction happening involving WDW, WDI, and Vekoma

danlb_2000

Premium Member

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That's my best guess. Either that or they're testing new effects there? Maybe they're using the warehouse for a proof-of-concept display area? Idk. All I do know is that this space has construction happening involving WDW, WDI, and Vekoma

it's not a very tall building so I couldn't see them setting up track there, but I guess they could be testing components. It's also possible this is for something not yet announced.

BaymaxFan

From my research,

According to the Orange County Property Appraiser, the owner of the address is "Prologis / Taylor Farms / Landsberg Orora"
Prologis is a real estate and supply chain logistic company. They own warehouses.
Taylor Farms is a food company. They sell lettuce. You may have seen their lettuce at your local grocery store. They also distribute to major companies such as Chipotle and McDonalds.
Landsberg Orora is a packaging solutions company.

Using Google Street view, which has imagery from 2022, I can see the following details.
On the exterior of the building, the logo for Prologis is displayed on each corner next to the address numbers. Towards the middle of the building it appears it is split in half, signified by the two seperate entrances. One has a Taylor Farms sign above it and the other has the Prologis logo. The sign out front near the road simply reads "Prologis" and beneath it says "Orlando Central Park".

Now that we have established that Prologis owns the warehouse and at least half of it is being used by Taylor Farms, who is using the other half? Looking at older street view imagery, it appears that portion never had a sign above it until a recent exterior remodel in which it was added. It seems to be for aesthetic purposes since the tenant doesn't want to display their own sign.

Looking at the two visible doors, Taylor Farms is Suite A, and the other is Suite C. Where is Suite B, and where is Landsberg Orora?

It seems that Taylor Farms may no longer be at this address despite showing up on the property appraiser. I can't find anything online suggesting they are here and I actually see they moved a couple warehouses down. Landsberg Orora's website says they are located in Suite A, which would make sense.

So who is the secret tenant of Suite C? It seems to be Disney. But why?
Looking at the ImportGenius website, it provides some random but interesting information. It says the "Top trading partners" are Vekoma and Zamperla. Zamperla made Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom. Vekoma does a lot of coasters (y'all already know that lol). The only shipment it shows is from 2015 and it's for "tooling for dumbovehicle". Dumbo.

The assumption that BTMR is involved here is valid, since the original track is from Vekoma. However, it's worth noting that when Disney builds a new coaster all materials are staged on WDW property and not in a warehouse. GOTG and Tron were kept in yards near the Maingate complex and behind AKL. Slink Dogs parts were kept near WWoS. I assume if Big Thunder gets a retrack they would use one of those lots again. On this same topic most if not all of Disney's construction supplies and equipment gets stored at yards or warehouses somewhere inside WDW, so this random warehouse closer to Orlando proper really does surprise me. I honestly wouldn't expect much if anything from this. The NOC that lead us all here could really be anything.

To sum it up, 7474 Chancellor Drive is just another storage warehouse. A midway point between international shipping ports and WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From my research,

According to the Orange County Property Appraiser, the owner of the address is "Prologis / Taylor Farms / Landsberg Orora"
Prologis is a real estate and supply chain logistic company. They own warehouses.
Taylor Farms is a food company. They sell lettuce. You may have seen their lettuce at your local grocery store. They also distribute to major companies such as Chipotle and McDonalds.
Landsberg Orora is a packaging solutions company.

Using Google Street view, which has imagery from 2022, I can see the following details.
On the exterior of the building, the logo for Prologis is displayed on each corner next to the address numbers. Towards the middle of the building it appears it is split in half, signified by the two seperate entrances. One has a Taylor Farms sign above it and the other has the Prologis logo. The sign out front near the road simply reads "Prologis" and beneath it says "Orlando Central Park".

Now that we have established that Prologis owns the warehouse and at least half of it is being used by Taylor Farms, who is using the other half? Looking at older street view imagery, it appears that portion never had a sign above it until a recent exterior remodel in which it was added. It seems to be for aesthetic purposes since the tenant doesn't want to display their own sign.

Looking at the two visible doors, Taylor Farms is Suite A, and the other is Suite C. Where is Suite B, and where is Landsberg Orora?

It seems that Taylor Farms may no longer be at this address despite showing up on the property appraiser. I can't find anything online suggesting they are here and I actually see they moved a couple warehouses down. Landsberg Orora's website says they are located in Suite A, which would make sense.

So who is the secret tenant of Suite C? It seems to be Disney. But why?
Looking at the ImportGenius website, it provides some random but interesting information. It says the "Top trading partners" are Vekoma and Zamperla. Zamperla made Primeval Whirl at Animal Kingdom. Vekoma does a lot of coasters (y'all already know that lol). The only shipment it shows is from 2015 and it's for "tooling for dumbovehicle". Dumbo.

The assumption that BTMR is involved here is valid, since the original track is from Vekoma. However, it's worth noting that when Disney builds a new coaster all materials are staged on WDW property and not in a warehouse. GOTG and Tron were kept in yards near the Maingate complex and behind AKL. Slink Dogs parts were kept near WWoS. I assume if Big Thunder gets a retrack they would use one of those lots again. On this same topic most if not all of Disney's construction supplies and equipment gets stored at yards or warehouses somewhere inside WDW, so this random warehouse closer to Orlando proper really does surprise me. I honestly wouldn't expect much if anything from this. The NOC that lead us all here could really be anything.

To sum it up, 7474 Chancellor Drive is just another storage warehouse. A midway point between international shipping ports and WDW.

Odd timing for the tooling for Dumbo since this is only a few years after Dumbo was moved and got refurbed.

Another thought is that the Big Thunder trains are being redone, Vekoma providing the mechanics and WDI doing the theming at this site.

Twirlnhurl

Dynamic is still is business AFAIK.
You appear to be correct. I remembered they had some financial issues a few years back, and quickly skimmed the Wikipedia article and saw lots of past tense. That's what I get for reading the Wikipedia article too fast!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom