What is best way to access offers for your resort on MDE?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
What do YOU find is the best way to search for availability of rooms.....I always thought to sign out, clear my cookies, etc and search, but a guest service person told me when they do it for self they simply keep a tab open and refresh it several times as they are doing other things, that it is indeed constantly being updated as much as on the guest services end, is this true? I seem to think they track what you are searching for....as I never get anything different by refreshing over a few hours. So its supposed to be fluid and constantly changing as people modify things, BUT it has always seemed to me that you are tracked by your searches and they system recognizes your interest level and will not therefore make opportunities available for existing reservations etc.

Seems like if I am on another computer, or signed out and not keep checking same general month surrounding my desired dates I get different information. So if I keep refreshing I think it has already captured my interest in that day....and it is moot.

I have a 8 day reservation that I could not get the room type I wanted for entire stay so modified to have first 4 nights at desired type....now that I have 4 left at same resort, I want to try to get all 8 with the Gift of Magic offer....wondering if I keep searching for the 4 remaining I might not generate the offer but should search for entire trip and then call to modify.

Any insights to the system? Used to be reset in morning but now I am to understand its constantly reset? What are your search methods?:happy:

DisneyJoe

I've heard that they look more at what you have put in your cart than just your searches. I have seen people put a price for a resort for dates in their cart, let it sit there, and then remove it or let it expire, and then magically receive an offer for that exact thing days or even weeks later.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
But in my case, nothing is appearing in my dates to put in the cart......:angelic:

I know people who have booked then cancelled... Then got a pin code for a discount a week or two later. Maybe worth trying that with a comparable resort and room type?

HwdStudio

What do YOU find is the best way to search for availability of rooms.....I always thought to sign out, clear my cookies, etc and search, but a guest service person told me when they do it for self they simply keep a tab open and refresh it several times as they are doing other things, that it is indeed constantly being updated as much as on the guest services end, is this true? I seem to think they track what you are searching for....as I never get anything different by refreshing over a few hours. So its supposed to be fluid and constantly changing as people modify things, BUT it has always seemed to me that you are tracked by your searches and they system recognizes your interest level and will not therefore make opportunities available for existing reservations etc.

Seems like if I am on another computer, or signed out and not keep checking same general month surrounding my desired dates I get different information. So if I keep refreshing I think it has already captured my interest in that day....and it is moot.

I have a 8 day reservation that I could not get the room type I wanted for entire stay so modified to have first 4 nights at desired type....now that I have 4 left at same resort, I want to try to get all 8 with the Gift of Magic offer....wondering if I keep searching for the 4 remaining I might not generate the offer but should search for entire trip and then call to modify.

Any insights to the system? Used to be reset in morning but now I am to understand its constantly reset? What are your search methods?:happy:
What you see on your computer is exactly what Disney agents see. Sometimes things are actually unavailable especially if you are using a promotion.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I know people who have booked then cancelled... Then got a pin code for a discount a week or two later. Maybe worth trying that with a comparable resort and room type?
You mean actually make a down payment? Hmmm guess I could try that....but another week, surely if I already have one that week it would raise an eyebrow....then if you cancel it does generate a refund, I did try to put one in my cart and leave it, and went to check out with another....but was not able to complete.

You mean actually make a down payment? Hmmm guess I could try that....but another week, surely if I already have one that week it would raise an eyebrow....then if you cancel it does generate a refund, I did try to put one in my cart and leave it, and went to check out with another....but was not able to complete.

Hmm. Sorry, I think I'm confused about what you already have and what you're looking for.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I am staying 7 nights....I only was able to modify to CL for the first 4 nights....that leaves 3 nights still at same resort but non CL. Thinking it seems they want you to stay a certain number of nights to get room discount, so searching for 3 nights now might not ever generate availability. Think I am stuck to calling, but maybe I will put week prior in cart, checkout and then cancel a few days later and see if I can get the elusive PIN generated.....:angelic:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I can confirm this - at times for certain dates and resorts there is a minimum stay requirement to even show availability for an offer.

Yeah the CM I spoke with said she would but it in with NO offer room only search beyond days requested to see if its the offer or the room available....she said she did not see those days in inventory period....which suggested they were not available for reasons other than occupancy. Anyhow that is what she said....so I will keep looking, and calling!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom