What is actually happening on Christmas day in the MK?

disneydiva72

Im trying to figure out what is going on in all the parks on Xmas day so I can pick the best of the bunch. :lol:

Ugh sorry, I just realized I posted this in the wrong area...

chaggy102

The Xmas Day Parade in MK is fun to watch....it's the same parade they do during the Christmas season but it is still nonetheless fun to watch on xmas day...but besides that...a ton of people. Last year it was light crowds until about noon then the lines jumped to long waits.

Upvote 0

Todd L

Whats it like waking up Xmas morning at Disney? I cant imagine. I feel like Its probably not for everyone Me included. I feel like with all of the craziness around the holidays Christmas is the one day where I just slow down and get the "Ive done all I need to do now sit back and enjoy it" attitude . I dont think that would happen if I where in Disney. :xmas:

Upvote 0

wilary

Anywhere you go is going to be absolutely nuts.

MK is gonna close for capacity on Christmas Day. If you intend on going there, you've gotta be there before opening.

My family likes to sleep in a little Christmas Day, that's why we usually go to Epcot. It's still crazy, but it's a bigger park and less likely to shut down. Plus there's nothing like the Candlelight Processional on Christmas Day.

Upvote 0

kennygman

In order of how busy they'll be:
MK - Insane closes for capacity (Strongly avoid if you want to ride past 11 am)
EP - Very busy
DHS - Busy, but usually only affects the 3 healiner attractions
AK - Enjoy a nice stroll around the mostly empty park.

Upvote 0

smk

In order of how busy they'll be:
MK - Insane closes for capacity (Strongly avoid if you want to ride past 11 am)
EP - Very busy
DHS - Busy, but usually only affects the 3 healiner attractions
AK - Enjoy a nice stroll around the mostly empty park.
And no FP's after around 1100 at any E ride attraction.

I have been in MK for Christmas twice now and I feel like it is not all that crowded after 5 ish, so wait and go then. The parks are open insanely late that week so if you sleep in and relax you will have plenty of park hours to still enjoy your favs. I think MK is open till like 3 am for resort guests during that week (at least once). We always said we were going to stay but we turned into pumpkins past midnight and went back to the resort to go to bed.

New years eve is a whole different plan of action, pick your park and stay there all day or else you will risk getting in. I don't know how often they close to resort guests but I would make a plan and stick to it just to be safe.

Have fun! Pack your patience, that week you will need plenty of it!

Upvote 0

TheDisneyMagic

We have been in to the Magic Kingdom only twice on Christmas day, and don't see ourselves doing it again, (well occasionally we will pop in to one of the parks during the evening time as it starts to thin out) Everything was ram-packed! It is nice to watch things like the Christmas parade actually on Christmas but other than that it is pretty much a normal day, for people that would be using a day on their ticket you wouldn't be making the best use of your money as you probably won't get much done.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom