What is a ride/show theming that you like that is underrated/hated?

TrojanUSC

I think Main Street is often overlooked. I see parents rushing their children through Main Street straight to Fantasyland etc. I tell ya, though, I could spend hours and hours slowly walking Main Street and enjoying its many details and the overall ambiance of it. However, it makes sense that children aren't at the appropriate age to enjoy Main Street. But, with age, hopefully they grow to appreciate it. AND, hopefully some of the adults that don't give it a second look give it some love the next time they're in MK!

Main Street 1971-2001 was lovely, when the shops had some unique non-Disney branded trinkets, Center Street was an actual street selling things you wouldn't expect and every single nook wasn't monetized to the enth degree.

Pixieish

It was loved and popular in between too. A very classic and original idea that was never able to be replicated.

eh, I never heard or read that much people saying how much they loved it until after its closure was announced. all I heard/read during that in between period was how dumb it was to block the building with the hat, that's it. But maybe that's just my own personal experiences.

GMR was one of the few rides my boys wanted to ride over and over again. I think we rode it 5 times on our last trip and we were only at WDW for 5 days.

jimbojones

Dinoland USA , I love it and think it captures parts of the American West perfectly.
I also love the Gran Fiesta tour and don't understand the lack of interest people seem to have in it.
And I can't forget the Tiki Room.

For me Disney has never been about "rides" per se but rather about immersing myself in a fantasy world. The rides and lands that do that best are my favorites

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

That sounds so awesome! I've spent many mornings meandering my way up Main Street just taking it all in. It would be great to have a guide book while walking!
Yeah and if you go to the Town Square and stand just right and look up under the Train Station you will see an absolutely EPIC Hidden Mickey. A tour guide showed it to me a few years ago because we were talking about our passion for Hidden Mickey's and he said he didn't show that to a lot of people because he doesn't like that guy Steven Barrett that makes the Hidden Mickey books because that guy realllllly stretches some things to make them Hidden Mickey's that really aren't. He said he knew the actual Imagineer that put that Hidden Mickey in and told him about it. Main Street and Town Square are absolutely brimming with details that you can spend hours looking at.

DisneyDoctor

Yeah and if you go to the Town Square and stand just right and look up under the Train Station you will see an absolutely EPIC Hidden Mickey. A tour guide showed it to me a few years ago because we were talking about our passion for Hidden Mickey's and he said he didn't show that to a lot of people because he doesn't like that guy Steven Barrett that makes the Hidden Mickey books because that guy realllllly stretches some things to make them Hidden Mickey's that really aren't. He said he knew the actual Imagineer that put that Hidden Mickey in and told him about it. Main Street and Town Square are absolutely brimming with details that you can spend hours looking at.
That's great, I cannot wait to get back and look at that! Thanks for sharing! :)

DisneyDoctor

Main Street 1971-2001 was lovely, when the shops had some unique non-Disney branded trinkets, Center Street was an actual street selling things you wouldn't expect and every single nook wasn't monetized to the enth degree.
If only I could hop into a time machine haha. That really sounds lovely!

tmthomas52

Mickey’s Philharmagic is an underrated show. The Disney songs incorporated with Mickey is well done. Hopefully this show sees an update soon. I don’t understand why it doesn’t pull in more guests.

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is also underrated. The application of the technology developed for this show is very impressive. The show is reliant on cast members AND the audience to create an entertaining environment. This is extremely unique for a Disney attraction.

CLEtoWDW

I have 2 underrated attractions/experiences
1) I've always loved Living with the Land. To me it is just incredibly cool that Disney has the ability to still continue to be so innovative and give you such a neat tour of their greenhouses and are almost never the same trip to trip. So neat.
2) I think we sometimes take for granted the care and consideration that goes into the theming and upkeep of Disney Hotels and DVC properties. Every trip I stay on property I am always amazed and how every detail of our hotel is just right and the lobbies and common areas are always bustling with smiling happy people and families. Good luck going to a hotel somewhere else and finding that.

DfromATX

I have 2 underrated attractions/experiences
1) I've always loved Living with the Land. To me it is just incredibly cool that Disney has the ability to still continue to be so innovative and give you such a neat tour of their greenhouses and are almost never the same trip to trip. So neat.
2) I think we sometimes take for granted the care and consideration that goes into the theming and upkeep of Disney Hotels and DVC properties. Every trip I stay on property I am always amazed and how every detail of our hotel is just right and the lobbies and common areas are always bustling with smiling happy people and families. Good luck going to a hotel somewhere else and finding that.

A while back there was a thread about what makes you feel like you are truly at Disney, something to that effect. That's how it makes me feel. I hope they never get rid of it. I would be very upset.

Mickey5150

Every time I bring it up I get flamed, so here it goes again, I love the themeing of Dinoland and more specifically Chester and Hester's Dinorama. The entire land is the story of the discovery of dinosaur bones at the Digsite and how the world grows up around it. Chester and Hester upgrading their simple gas station into an entire roadside attraction so they can capitalize on all the people coming to check out the fossils. It's typical Americana which gets brutally destroyed on the forums for being cheap and tacky. It's supposed to be cheap and tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom