what is a dole whip

SirNim

TheDoleWhip.jpg

Only the best thing ever!

Basically pineapple sorbet. I favor the floats, which combine the whip with actual pineapple juice. Heavenly.

LeeSeeBabe

Yeah

I have never had one, or even heard of one until I joined the WDWMAGIC! But When I go in December(SOOO CLOSE that I can almost smell the cookies on Main Street) I will definately have to try one, where are they again?? I only ask cause this thread is about it, I know I have seen this answer somewhere else. :lookaroun

brkgnews

Best of the best -- pineapple dole whip floating in pineapple juice.
:slurp: :slurp: :slurp:
They're at a little place along the walkway into adventureland (kind of across the path from the treehouse, if I recall correctly)

MissM

You can only get them at Aloha Isle in Adventureland. It's a small quick-service location across from the Swiss Family Robinson Tree.

They are the most delicious treats ever. Get the pineapple float - Pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice. It's the photo linked above. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Super, super yum.
-m

DisneySam

I too did not learn about the fabulous Dole Whip until WDW Magic. They really are great, and refreshing. And I do not even like pinapple juice normally.

Woody13

Just be aware that a Dole Whip has a very high butterfat content and they have so much bacteria, they can walk out of the cup on their own! So, if you have any health problems, stay away from this stuff.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Woody13 said:
Just be aware that a Dole Whip has a very high butterfat content and they have so much bacteria, they can walk out of the cup on their own! So, if you have any health problems, stay away from this stuff.

Thats true, I heard that Satan himself created them!

MickeyTigg

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Dole Whip Recipe[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 quart pineapple juice (Dole)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]1 tsp vanilla[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]3 cups cream[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]3 cups sugar[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]milk[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Mix the pineapple juice and sugar...make sure that the sugar is dissolved.[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Next add the cream and vanilla.[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Poor the whole mixture into the Ice Cream container.[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]Add milk to finish filling to the "fill line"[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker.[/FONT]​

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, adobe-helvetica, Arial Narrow]or you can stick it in the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.[/FONT]​

[/FONT]

Yoop33

MissM said:
You can only get them at Aloha Isle in Adventureland. It's a small quick-service location across from the Swiss Family Robinson Tree.

They are the most delicious treats ever. Get the pineapple float - Pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice. It's the photo linked above. :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

Super, super yum.
-m

It is true that it is a small place so you might miss it but it is just right over the bridge and just look for the 10 minute line of people that you will have to wait in to get one... Might as well have someone try to find a seat why you wait so you can sit and enjoy it.... Cause if you are trying to walk or stand you will probably fall over from delightfully good goodness!!

tink rules

They also sell pineapple spears which I usually grab for a snack - good stuff.... Will definately try the whip/float when I'm there in Dec....

BigNormsMom

A Dole Whip is a small sample of the Magic Kingdom.:slurp: Sheer delight I had 2 also the last time I was there and I would love to have one now. At this time I do not know when I will get back to the Magic Kingdom to have one, but don't miss it if you can help it. I would take a Dole Whip over a chocolate cone any day:sohappy:I have my whole family hooked on them, and we do not feel as if we have been to MK if we don't have one.

GoofyMom2

One of my friends can't talk about MK without talking about Dole Whips! :lol:
I think those and POTC are his main reasons for going......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom