What if they just fixed things instead of tearing stuff and building new things?

New stuff or give old stuff new life?

• Total voters

KBLovedDisney

Original Poster
Should Disney have kept the older rides like Horizons, World of Motion, a.k.a everything like it was from the get-go and just gave them a new fresh of paint or do what they are doing now? Out with the old and in with the new...

You decide.

Have fun. Play nice.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
1428675741536.jpeg

JIMINYCR

I prefer Big Macs... but to answer .... They should have done a mixture of both. Theres room for both to exist together. Older attractions that are still enjoyed can have a longer life if maintained and when needed, upgraded to refresh their look and feel. And new things are necessary to staying ahead of competition, keep guests interested in coming back, and continuing to be new and exciting.

Disstevefan1

I prefer Big Macs... but to answer .... They should have done a mixture of both. Theres room for both to exist together. Older attractions that are still enjoyed can have a longer life if maintained and when needed, upgraded to refresh their look and feel. And new things are necessary to staying ahead of competition, keep guests interested in coming back, and continuing to be new and exciting.

Agreed, and they do this sometimes. The American adventure rehab for example. Same show, the montage was updated, lighting and sound was updated.

I would love to see the carousel of progress keep same story, characters, scenes, but get all updated animatronics, lighting, sound and just an update to the last scene.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Are you the same guy who said my "WDW maintenance is a joke" post was an inflammatory piece of garbage? Yeah, we KNOW what you think.

Well, clearly it stuck with you enough to remember.

I, on the other hand, have no clue as to who you are.

I forgot about you the moment I posted my response :)

Goofyernmost

The short reply to the original question of fixing things instead of tearing them down is that before too long you would be bored to death. There is just so many times you can see the same thing over and over and over and over before there is a nostalgia overload. It is good to have some there to jar the old memory banks, but old things must be replaced by new things. If I had to say why, I would have to say because it is the law of nature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom