Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Oriental's Wonderland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kings Island Japan

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

HomeImagineer

Original Poster

Todays project i'm doing is going to be different, i want to make another What If but not to Disney on this one, this time its for TAFT Broadcasting & Kings Entertainment Company.

If some of you never heard & seen of a Kings Park before & say like What is a Kings Park anyway. Well i'm glad to asked that question for you & i would tell you the story of how a Kings park became to be like a Disneyland & as well for my favorite people who wants to listen to this project that i'm making so here they are, @D Hulk, @MickeyMouse10, @ThemeParkPriest, @tcool123, @spacemt354, @Brer Panther, @MickeyWaffleCo., @Inspired Figment, @PerGron, @Sam Magic & many others who can join, Alright then lets begin the story & then i would tell all of you how could a Kings Park in Japan could fit well like Tokyo Disneyland in Japan.​

f61c27903a5079a85cba099943b04e06-800.jpg

Chapter 1: Floodings at the Coney & A Start of a Brand New Dream

The Story begins in Cincinnati, Ohio called Coney Island when it opened in 1870 (the same year when Cedar Point opens) or original owner called the area Parker's Grove. It was a classic amusement park & resort complex with two wooden coasters, tons of games, shopping, groves, a swimming pool & more.

But then bad floods came to the park & the park's proximity to the river made it prone to frequent flooding. So in 1968, park management entered into talks with Taft Broadcasting for the purpose of developing a new park on higher ground. Taft responded by buying Coney Island outright in 1969, and construction began the following year on a new site located in Deerfield Township of Warren County 25 miles (40 km) north of Cincinnati along Interstate 71. Coney Island closed its amusements on September 06, 1971, as most of its rides were moved to the newly completed Kings Island theme park. As a part of a larger effort to move and expand Coney Island, a popular resort destination along the banks of the Ohio River that was prone to frequent flooding.​

Kings-Island-Map-1972.jpg

Chapter 2: The New Coney has come to Town

When Kings Island opened on April 29, 1972 covers about 364 acres of land, The park has a new chapter not only as another Coney Island but instead a full-class amusement park surround it with five lands & the park is shaped like a cover leaf. The Park is located about 24 miles (39 km) northeast of Cincinnati in Mason, Ohio.

The five original themed lands of Kings Island are International Street, The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera, Rivertown, Coney Island & Oktoberfest, The park did also cover, feels & acts like a Disneyland. Also fact about Kings Island they just beat their impressive crowd than Disney.

Kings Island its also home to Kings Island Inn, a Kings Island Campground, as well for a golf course for the resort of Kings Island, making this not only Amusement Park but as whole resort complex in Ohio.​

31946202_10155304728511875_6507359204196483072_n.jpg
kings_dominion_1975_map.jpg

Chapter 3: Kings Island 2 in Virginia

When Kings island opens to the public on April 28, 1972, the company & TAFT wants to build more Kings Parks in the world. One of them its in a working progress 1972/73/74 in Doswell, Virginia when work on Kings Dominion. When the park opens in May 03, 1975 & which double the size about 400 acres bigger than OG Kings Island in Ohio.

The Park its home with 5 themed lands: International Street, Old Virginia, Coney Island (but the name was shortly gone & turn into Candy Apple Grove), The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera & Lion Country Safari.

canadas_wonderland_2a_179.jpg

Chapter 4: The King goes Traveling the Globe

After the big deal & great opening of Kings Dominion in 75, other Kings Parks were been made & some do not but one of the two parks made it completely.

614731_10151035831233924_684028905_o.jpg

The first one is at my home park from the North of the Border of Canada called Canada's Wonderland in Vaughan, Ontario. It open on May 23, 1981 covers about 134 acres of land & covers 6 but now 5 areas similar & looks like the two other Kings parks in the States but some are different & as well for the icon of the park, instead of the Eiffel Tower from the two Kings Parks they build a beautiful Wonder Mountain at the Middle of the Park. The Park is almost miles away & almost close to The City of Toronto.

The 5 themed lands of Canada's Wonderland are International Street, The Grande World Exposition of 1890, The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera, International Festival & Medieval Faire. one land has been left out is Frontier Canada, some kind of their Kings Island's Rivertown or Kings Dominion's Old Virginia. But themed to the Boon Town during the times of Klondike Gold Rush with most of its inspiration coming from Dawson City, Yukon, and its surrounding area of 1890s.

1985.jpg

The final one is overseas & right Down Under with Australia's Wonderland over in Eastern Creek, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia when it opens on December 07, 1985 but the park closes in April 2004. Its cover 300 acres of land, bigger than Canada's Wonderland & holds 3 themed lands: Medieval Faire, Hanna-Barbera Land & Goldrush.​

Chapter 5: What If Kings goes to Asia

That was the true story about Kings & Taft working on parks & now here's my idea & a what if about if a Kings Park goes to the Far East.

TD0001.jpg

After the best success of Tokyo Disneyland in April 15, 1983, bringing many people that only around the globe but Japanese a-like, covering about 115 acres of land with 5 lands & begin the first & ever international Disney park in the World. If Disney does a park in Japan, Kings Entertainment & TAFT Broadcasting wants to build a park in Japan as well & they got to work & go to Japan, ask the Japanese Government & finding a site for a Kings Park in Japan where they put all they dreams, right when Canada's Wonderland & Australia's Wonderland was still building/constructed in the late 70s to the early 80s.

The Site Plan of an Japanese Kings Park & Resort was going to be almost big as Kings Dominion just about 400 acres, still features an Eiffel Tower similar to KI & KD in the US & features 5 lands: International Street, The Happy Land of Hanna-Barbera, Orient Valley, Coney Island & Safari Village. The Resort its also home to 2 resort hotels (The Kings Inn Hotel & The Hanna-Barbera Hotel), Transportation: (The Kings Monorail Express Line that circles around the whole resort, Train & the Parking Trams for the parking lots & planned to open in June of 1984.

This idea came along when i go to my home park Canada's Wonderland & going to Kings Island in 2022 just in time of their 50th Anniversary. Stay Tuned as i tell you some ideas for this Kings Park in Japan.

(Also to note for everybody of what's a better name for a Kings Park in Japan i put in the votes & see what's a better name for this park & well so some people can find a location in Japan for a Kings Park & not so far to Tokyo Disneyland just about idk 2 to 4 hours away to Disney, so please tell me what location this Kings Park could fit in.)

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I’d love to see them make lands that are more like Disney, Dollywood and Knotts (which they own) rather than Six Flags. I don’t really care for parks that have unthemed sections and rides where they just slap a sticker on it.

IP-wise they still use “The Peanuts” in their parks. So that could help a great deal with the kids and kids at heart. But I don’t think it is enough for a whole new park. I’d love see them actually get back into bed with "Hanna Barbera" (Flintstones, Jetsons, Scooby Doo, Yogi, Smurfs), "Cartoon Network" or "Nickelodeon".

They could probably get "Hanna Barbera" for a song. Since it isn’t as popular as it once was back in the 1980’s. The Paramount parks even used the Universal ride “Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera” after it closed.

HomeImagineer

Original Poster
@D Hulk, @MickeyMouse10, @ThemeParkPriest, @tcool123, @spacemt354, @Brer Panther, @MickeyWaffleCo., @Inspired Figment, @PerGron, @Sam Magic

While voters are not voting on Oriental's Wonderland or Kings Orient, i got two named to fit if all of you that i put down can vote only one great name so here they are

A: Kings Orient or B: Kings Oriental as the best park name in a Japanese Kings Park. What is the best name in your opinion & i put it down after voters are voting the name, please help. Thank You

Twilight_Roxas

So what’s going to be in its place if Cedar can’t use the Peanuts in Japan? Unless you have a idea for it’s replacement.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
@D Hulk, @MickeyMouse10, @ThemeParkPriest, @tcool123, @spacemt354, @Brer Panther, @MickeyWaffleCo., @Inspired Figment, @PerGron, @Sam Magic

While voters are not voting on Oriental's Wonderland or Kings Orient, i got two named to fit if all of you that i put down can vote only one great name so here they are

A: Kings Orient or B: Kings Oriental as the best park name in a Japanese Kings Park. What is the best name in your opinion & i put it down after voters are voting the name, please help. Thank You
I prefer Kings Oriental

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom